Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:17 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641605 times)

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #925 on: 11 October 2016, 03:28:21 pm »
I did offer the guy £450 for it a few weeks back.....

That seems more than generous to me  :rolleyes

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: 11 October 2016, 09:40:02 pm »
:agree

When I emailed the womble he still didn't back down on the R6 part :rollin

and he states that he used to be a motorcycle mechanic  :rollin :rollin

Quote from the advert: 'Yamaha fazer fzs600 has been resting covered up in my back garden for over a year now' Yeah! covered up at the bottom of the swamp in his back garden  :rollin

Also

Quote from the advert: 'This motorbike should pass an MOT without any advisory apart from front tyre ' A pointless comment as it will have an advisory (what a dick)

Pisses me off when people are trying to sell things for £1000+ without an MOT. I mean who are they trying to kid with all that 'it will pass first time' bollocks
They can use all the shitty excuses in the world but at the end of it if they honestly thought it would pass first time then they would fork out the 30 odd quid to help it sell.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: 12 October 2016, 05:57:31 am »
People that know fec all about bikes but claim they do.

Have a look at this ad from Gumtree.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/yamaha-motorbikes/yamaha-fazer-fzs600-for-sale.currently-sorn-and-no-mot.-will-service-the-motorbike-for-buyer-4-free/1192890395

to top it off, they know its shit so wont even give their phone number.
I did offer the guy £450 for it a few weeks back but he claims its worth every penny of the £999 he has it advertised for even with a knackered battery/tyre/paint etc

"...Has been resting covered up in my back garden for over a year now..."

Along with the other bodies?
Does he live in a cemetery perchance?  :lol

I was gonna say the engine had seaside salt air erosion, but Croydon certainly rules that out, and it would be more be likely fire damage from rioting.
I would imagine that a combination of neglect and jet washing is why the paint has flaked so badly, which is a shame on a low mileage bike. 
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: 13 October 2016, 08:28:41 am »
The idiot on the moped I've been encountering the last few days. Not content with having an illegal L plate 2.5 inches across :eek they also ride at 22 mph in the gutter. That's bad enough but this idiot has a habit of filtering past traffic to the front of the queue at traffic lights. All well and good you say, that's what bike are for. But if you then travel at 22 mph all the traffic you've just overtaken then has to overtake you within 100 yards of the lights FFS.
Not content with that, I was stuck behind a bus and a car trying to get past a pushbike which was using the cycle lane. (since adding in a cycle lane on both sides of the road it's made the space for cars 6 foot narrower which makes it harder to overtake bikes if there's opposing traffic). Bugger me if this prat then undertakes me and the car in front and is contemplating undertaking the bus as well when the bus fortunately managed to get past the bike.
« Last Edit: 13 October 2016, 08:33:21 am by crickleymal »
Malc

Old enough to know better.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: 13 October 2016, 11:16:39 am »
have a word with him, he may take it kindly if he's genuinely a learner...........if he tells you to foc off then grip the foccer and tell him he's giving you and bikers a bad name and other road users will look to squeeze you/force you off the road then give him a dig :rolleyes
fire never sleeps

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: 13 October 2016, 11:41:06 am »
The idiot on the moped I've been encountering the last few days. Not content with having an illegal L plate 2.5 inches across :eek they also ride at 22 mph in the gutter. That's bad enough but this idiot has a habit of filtering past traffic to the front of the queue at traffic lights. All well and good you say, that's what bike are for. But if you then travel at 22 mph all the traffic you've just overtaken then has to overtake you within 100 yards of the lights FFS.
Not content with that, I was stuck behind a bus and a car trying to get past a pushbike which was using the cycle lane. (since adding in a cycle lane on both sides of the road it's made the space for cars 6 foot narrower which makes it harder to overtake bikes if there's opposing traffic). Bugger me if this prat then undertakes me and the car in front and is contemplating undertaking the bus as well when the bus fortunately managed to get past the bike.

I feel your pain as I get a lot of this kind of thing where I live. unfortunately it's not until they have an accident or gain a few years of road experience they realise what dicks they are being. It doesn't help that a lot of the Police I know don't actually know the full laws on L plate riders as the other day a lad on a moped with L plates had a pillion on the back rode past an officer down the white line and did nothing, so I stopped next to the officer and asked why he did nothing and he didn't know that it is illegal for learner riders to carry pillion passengers  :wall
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: 13 October 2016, 12:01:38 pm »

I feel your pain as I get a lot of this kind of thing where I live. unfortunately it's not until they have an accident or gain a few years of road experience they realise what dicks they are being. It doesn't help that a lot of the Police I know don't actually know the full laws on L plate riders as the other day a lad on a moped with L plates had a pillion on the back rode past an officer down the white line and did nothing, so I stopped next to the officer and asked why he did nothing and he didn't know that it is illegal for learner riders to carry pillion passengers  :wall

I thought learners could carry a pillion passenger if the passenger had a bike licence....has that changed?

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: 13 October 2016, 12:27:00 pm »

I thought learners could carry a pillion passenger if the passenger had a bike licence....has that changed?

I asked if Learners can carry passengers at the riding school where I got licence from and the head instructor stated that at no point can a rider on L plates carry a passenger, he did go into more detail about it but I can't remember the other stuff and the long and short of it is no they can't carry passengers at all.

also this link explains it in more detail: http://www.visordown.com/features/learners/can-i-take-a-passenger-on-my-motorbike
« Last Edit: 13 October 2016, 12:28:12 pm by Fazer99 »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: 13 October 2016, 01:03:17 pm »
Sod getting on the back of a bike with a learner riding it.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: 13 October 2016, 02:15:01 pm »
Sod getting on the back of a bike with a learner riding it.

I think if I was to loose my mind and go on the back of a bike with Learner rider this would be my face under my helmet

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #935 on: 13 October 2016, 03:16:01 pm »

Yes - One of the many changes when the test rules all changed.
It may be in this case, as happened to me once, I was the qualified rider riding my friends bike that had L plates on with him on the back. We got stopped but the only thing that was potentially illegal was displaying L plates that were not needed.

I used to ride my Moped with my dad (usually when he was pissed) on the back to get home from the pub.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: 13 October 2016, 03:22:10 pm »
Well, you learn something everyday 😂

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: 14 October 2016, 05:10:45 pm »
Those antiques programmes where the experts buy items from shops to sell at auction.

Some of the discounts they haggle are way under half, or sometimes even almost a third of the ticket price. In a retail shop?? :rolleyes

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: 14 October 2016, 05:40:09 pm »
they all know each other from the trade, its all for tv :rolleyes
fire never sleeps

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: 14 October 2016, 06:55:16 pm »
The problem with all that is that people now think they can do it too. I was in an antique place and the owners were getting pissed off with everyone saying  "will you take"
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 14 October 2016, 07:17:10 pm »
The problem with all that is that people now think they can do it too. I was in an antique place and the owners were getting pissed off with everyone saying  "will you take"

:lol

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 15 October 2016, 05:55:37 pm »
Arse holes who race upto and across mini roundabouts, because they have no right hand entry to give way to, believing it their god given right.   regardless of other users safety
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: 15 October 2016, 09:00:45 pm »
X factor...

Intentionally left blank

Intentionally left blank

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: 16 October 2016, 04:32:12 pm »
We Apologise for the Delay signs.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: 16 October 2016, 06:52:54 pm »
When you are in the bath, taps running, then discover the plug was only half in, by which time most of the hot has gone down the drain and you end up rushing in about 6" of tepid water >:

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: 16 October 2016, 07:59:55 pm »
Really really foccing stupid insurance quotes, searching around for insurance for Peugeot Boxer van got one for £27406.45, why do they even bother quoting?

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: 16 October 2016, 09:23:40 pm »
Shops where the till is positioned so that you can't see the screen bit with the price to pay on it, and then they mumble the price so you have to ask again :rolleyes

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: 17 October 2016, 10:54:41 am »
daft emails

1st one.......email tarot card reading! WTF?

ah....(I see your name at the bottom, I'll go and google you/your family name etc)... its coming through, You are a male....I think you live in the North and you enjoy running and have done some charity stuff? blah blah blah......

2nd one.......own an acre of Mars for £9.99

who the foc owns Mars and if they ever do get to doing space flights, can you imagine the shit......excuse me but you're parked in my space, GET OFF MOI LAND!!!!

Some people really are too gullible to be true, a fool and his money is easily parted :lol

fire never sleeps

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: 17 October 2016, 07:03:08 pm »
Piles  :o

pete786.u

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: 17 October 2016, 07:19:08 pm »
Spent over an hour on the phone today sorting out my log in details for my J Lewis partnership card. over the weekend they have updated!!!! their website so you now have to re-register, thought I had it done but no, if you put the wrong username or password three times it locks your account so you have to phone up customer services to reset your account. All I got was a message saying  "due to the high volume of calls all our agents are busy, we will connect you to the next available agent" After I eventually got through the young lady I spoke to put me on hold for another 5mins while she reset my account, if everybody has the same trouble as me it`s no wonder they are busy   :wall