Date: 23-04-24  Time: 11:13 am

Author Topic: R.I.P Tony Rutter  (Read 1430 times)

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
R.I.P Tony Rutter
« on: 30 March 2020, 11:34:13 am »
 Just been on the VisorDown site and read that Tony Rutter has died aged 78 after a short illness.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2020, 12:10:59 pm by vinnyb »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P Tony Rutter
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2020, 12:33:42 pm »
There's quite a fitting tribute to him on youtube, RIP.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P Tony Rutter
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2020, 01:12:20 am »
I remember back in the day the first time I met Tony Rutter I was racing at Brands on the saturday and came off mangling the exhaust,I was at Lydden Hill on the sunday and it was a right jaunt to some of those meetings down south so I really wanted to race there if possible,anyway someone said that Tom Arters' place was on the way down to Lydden, Tom was well known for tuning G50 Matchless's and used to sponsor some good riders at the time so I thought I'll ask him if I could buy any bits of pipe or something just so I could race at Lydden.When I got there it was fairly late and Tom was in his house which was away from his garage and I was a bit wary about knocking him up,I mean I was only a poxy club racer coming on the cadge,what I didn't know was Tony Rutter was there picking some stuff up ,I didn't know him personally but both him and Tom were really welcoming and they both got my bike in Tom's garage and we cut and welded the exhaust up,I will never forget that day,I couldn't believe that these two blokes who I'd never met before helped me with my bike.I never met Tony again but seen him on the island and short curcuits and always used to brag about how he'd fixed my bike that day,what a smashing bloke.R.I.P.
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript