Date: 28-03-24  Time: 11:44 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641722 times)

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #300 on: 11 September 2015, 11:10:28 pm »
Designed for standard bars though?

Sure thundercat clutch stock and switch gear may be slightly different, but it would be millimeters out not an inch
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 11 September 2015, 11:20:30 pm »

Sure thundercat clutch stock and switch gear may be slightly different, but it would be millimeters out not an inch
But if the barends are longer, won't they take up the difference? Meaning that your grips are over most of the bars and some of the barends?
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 11 September 2015, 11:39:06 pm »

But if the barends are longer, won't they take up the difference? Meaning that your grips are over most of the bars and some of the barends?
I had an email from another seller on ebay stating that the tube length of the bars he has for sale without bar ends is 260mm, the set I have are 240. Yes they would fit but they will still be loose at the end. I don't know if you've ever had a handlebar grip come off mid corner, if you have I don't need to remind you how bloody scary it was.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 12 September 2015, 12:01:45 am »
I had an email from another seller on ebay stating that the tube length of the bars he has for sale without bar ends is 260mm, the set I have are 240.
I don't have them in front of me and you showed two separate pictures, so I was surmising, rather than actually knowing there was a difference.
Yes they would fit but they will still be loose at the end. I don't know if you've ever had a handlebar grip come off mid corner, if you have I don't need to remind you how bloody scary it was.
Nope, never had that happen as I've never modded any bike with clamp on bars,  but yes, I could imagine it's scary as is most times anything falls off your bike :(
« Last Edit: 12 September 2015, 12:03:03 am by sinto »
Colin
----------------------

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 12 September 2015, 12:05:49 am »
Certain school run mum's......Hormonal, premenstrual fucking psycho's in charge of a deadly fucking weapon. Now whoever thought that was a good idea ? :grumble

It all went wrong when they gave them the fecking vote.

MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 12 September 2015, 10:53:25 am »
Being put on hold when I phone HASTINGS to renew my insurance,,13 mins 47 sec and counting   :grumble :grumble :grumble
One, is never going to be enough.....

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 12 September 2015, 10:57:58 am »
Being put on hold when I phone HASTINGS to renew my insurance,,13 mins 47 sec and counting   :grumble :grumble :grumble
Is that all? I was on the phone waiting for about 25mins just to say I'd actually got 9yrs protected ncb as apposed to the 7 I put online and he then said there was no difference if I bought it there and then, but if I waited till end of month it could go up as it's changed on a daily basis!
I thought once you got a quote it lasted for 30 days? He says nope, that's only a guide price and when you actually go to purchase it, it can change! Foccin insurance rip off!
Colin
----------------------

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 12 September 2015, 10:59:13 am »
Idiots in cars driving like a loon just to try and prove something by keeping up with me on twisty country roads putting me in danger as they push too hard.
You know what I do -------- pull over, let them past and hang back and let them be a twat way off in front of me out of my way.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 12 September 2015, 11:00:14 am »
20 mins 10 secs I aint goin to get back   :grumble :grumble :grumble
One, is never going to be enough.....

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 12 September 2015, 11:14:32 am »
Idiots in cars driving like a loon just to try and prove something by keeping up with me on twisty country roads putting me in danger as they push too hard.
You know what I do -------- pull over, let them past and hang back and let them be a twat way off in front of me out of my way.

Do you hear loud sireny noises, and see blue flashing lights perchance?  :stop   :rollin :rollin :rollin
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 12 September 2015, 11:20:13 am »
Is that all? I was on the phone waiting for about 25mins just to say I'd actually got 9yrs protected ncb as apposed to the 7 I put online and he then said there was no difference if I bought it there and then, but if I waited till end of month it could go up as it's changed on a daily basis!
I thought once you got a quote it lasted for 30 days? He says nope, that's only a guide price and when you actually go to purchase it, it can change! Foccin insurance rip off!

Hence the reason i refuse to phone them, online is so much less hassle, and cheaper.
Use GoCompare and they even save your details, so just add another years No Claims Bonus each year then wait a few seconds for the results.

Although my mate uses Kwik Fit Insurance yearly.
They send him a renewal rip off price through the post, he phones up to cancel, then they say "Who have you found cheaper than us?"
And every year he replies "You, ONLINE."  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 12 September 2015, 11:22:34 am »

Do you hear loud sireny noises, and see blue flashing lights perchance?  :stop   :rollin :rollin :rollin

That is another reason to let them past as I cannot clearly see who is driving I am always suspicious why someone is interested in keeping up with me

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 12 September 2015, 11:46:55 am »

Hence the reason i refuse to phone them, online is so much less hassle, and cheaper.
Use GoCompare and they even save your details, so just add another years No Claims Bonus each year then wait a few seconds for the results.

Although my mate uses Kwik Fit Insurance yearly.
They send him a renewal rip off price through the post, he phones up to cancel, then they say "Who have you found cheaper than us?"
And every year he replies "You, ONLINE."  :lol
I did use a comparison site and they then put you through to the website of whoever you choose to go with but I realised that my ncd was different and decided to call them, big mistake see above :(

But yes, as you say, they are cheaper online :)
Colin
----------------------

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 12 September 2015, 12:28:12 pm »

That is another reason to let them past as I cannot clearly see who is driving I am always suspicious why someone is interested in keeping up with me

Maybe they want to be friends.  :kiss

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 12 September 2015, 02:37:43 pm »
Yes had one of those idiots tailing me yesterday , like you I either pull over or overtake the car  in  front if it's safe to do so .

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 12 September 2015, 07:22:42 pm »
Why is it that when you change radio channel in the car and it's a song you really like that's currently playing it's always just coming to an end, whereas if it's a song you really dislike it's always just starting!?? :wall.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 12 September 2015, 07:30:26 pm »

Motorcyclists who can't ride getting in the way of my car on roads they should own........ :D

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 27 September 2015, 04:45:26 pm »
I'm starting to notice a lot of twat drivers, going too fast for road conditions,screaming up outside lanes trying to get a few cars ahead, DELIBERATELY moving out when your filtering etc.
LUCKILY it's very easy to spot them, they tend to be young males in a small family car. You can't miss them- there are
TWO VERTICAL STRIPES running down to the rear of the vehicle.
Is it a special care in the community initiative or something?

Today that's "What Gets My Goat"

Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 28 September 2015, 05:28:18 pm »
People who think it's acceptable to drive at 35mph in a 50 speed limit but who don't change speed when in a 30 limit.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 29 September 2015, 09:34:51 am »
wonnie pickerwin :lol :lol :lol
fire never sleeps

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 02 October 2015, 11:41:58 am »
I'm starting to notice a lot of twat drivers,
LUCKILY it's very easy to spot them,
TWO VERTICAL STRIPES running down to the rear of the vehicle.

Yeh im seeing a lot of those two stripe twats too, like you say you see that and it gives you a nice warning of what to expect, also I am seeing a lot of transit size vans with some black fabric or something on the bonnet which must be the van they have to use for work because they drive the same

7omly

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 23 October 2015, 11:00:18 pm »
Murderous c*nts in cars at roundabouts who either don't know, don't care or are simply in such a rush they're prepared to kill someone. Like the dangerous twot who driving the Iceland delivery van who drove  straight over the Hensingham round about almost running over a cyclist. The poor cyclist was around 60 years old and just managed to brake and stay upright as the van missed him by about six inches. How hard can it be to give way to the right? :rolleyes
Never underestimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 24 October 2015, 12:57:17 am »
How come delevery drivers all drive like twats at 100mph and yet my delivery is always late

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 24 October 2015, 01:06:15 am »
I had forgot about this post but now (thank you ) you have set me off again.
Those people who have to have a fag as soon as they come out of asda FFS they have only been in there 1 hour. ------ Funny I never see any outside Sainsburys or waitrose

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 24 October 2015, 06:21:59 am »
People who think it's acceptable to drive at 35mph in a 50 speed limit but who don't change speed when in a 30 limit.

My road is exactly like that! 30 by my house, then 60, then 30 in the next village. That village being full of old fuckers who do 40 no matter where they are. The 60 stretch is also over a blind hill and pretty twisty, so unless you're on a bike you can't overtake safely.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.