Date: 18-04-24  Time: 04:08 am

Author Topic: New prospective owner  (Read 1326 times)

MarkW

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
New prospective owner
« on: 25 October 2016, 07:30:57 pm »
Hello all,

After many years of sports v twins and aching wrists I have settled on the Fazer gen1 as a long term bike, having previously owned an R1 and enjoying the smooth power delivery.

My last bike was an Aprilia Tuono which was good but the lack of wind protection and bolt upright riding position took the edge off the riding, and in all honesty, I could just do with a change. I have always liked the Fazer and by all accounts it appears to be a very capable machine.

So here I am now on the hunt for one, willing to spend between 2 - 3k although the closer to 2 the better 😁 I'm looking for a reasonably well sorted one with good service history. Checking all the usual places, eBay, bike trader, gumtree, mcn and the for sale section here, but if you hear of anything going through the grapevine please let me know.

Thanks very much and I look forward to some Fazer shopping!

Mark

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: New prospective owner
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2016, 05:48:44 pm »
Welcome from another new member :)

Only picked mine up yesterday and I'm not disappointed so I'm sure, when you find the right one, you won't be either :)

MarkW

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2016, 05:26:48 pm »
Ah sounds good! Have you had a chance to get out on it yet? I'm checking the market daily for new adverts, it's a good time of year to buy.

Mark

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2016, 02:05:49 pm »
Yeah, went out yesterday only for a quick spin that ended up being a 100 mile round trip  :lol

Only near the very end did my arse start to become a tad uncomfortable, wrists were all good.  Power on tap is awesome but she's also quite happy pootling along at 30mph.

MarkW

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2016, 05:18:31 pm »
Good stuff, just seen your thread, now I'm really keen to get my hands on one,  :)