Date: 16-04-24  Time: 21:43 pm

Author Topic: Short Stem Rear Indicators  (Read 1872 times)

Olly

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Short Stem Rear Indicators
« on: 09 December 2013, 05:32:25 pm »
Help!!!

I've acquired a Givi Wingrack 2 (no indicators) with a fitting kit for my W reg 2000 FZS 600 - £75 off of Flea-Bay!

It fits perfectly with the exception of the rear indicators fouling the inside of the pannier mounts.

I found a thread that said the 1998 R1 rear indicators have the same mount as the FZS 600 but were about 2cm shorter and that they were going cheap on Busters.  I now can't find this for the life of me since the site move.

Found them, bought them and they're the same length...

Does anyone out there know of any rear indicators that I can fit that have the same mounting type but have a shorter stem?

Cheers

Fraser

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Short Stem Rear Indicators
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2013, 05:51:58 pm »
I could be mistaken but I thought you could fit the front indicators to the rear and they are noticeably shorter.
Old enough to know better

Olly

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2013, 06:08:07 pm »
Cheers, I was thinking that but the same post mentioned the wiring was too short...

I could always give it a shot and see what happens lol.

ponkster

• Weekend Warrior
  • Grumpy Old MF
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - VN 1500 P1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2013, 07:34:51 am »
Front indicators would work - the wiring should reach and its no big shake to extend if it don't.

I to fitted shorter indicators to use paniers - I got some fairing convertor plates that fill the large holes the stock indicators create and fitted some generic arrow head ones which I picked upon ebay for much cheapness
"Don't Die with Fun in the Bank!"

andy352299

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2013, 11:59:17 am »
REAR INDICATORS OFF AN EARLY R1 BOLT STRAIGHT ON AND THE WIRING IS LONG ENOUGH I HAVE THEM FITTED TO MY FAZER,
CHECK OUT ONE OF MY EARLIER POSTS IF YOU CAN FIND IT
Help!!!

I've acquired a Givi Wingrack 2 (no indicators) with a fitting kit for my W reg 2000 FZS 600 - £75 off of Flea-Bay!

It fits perfectly with the exception of the rear indicators fouling the inside of the pannier mounts.

I found a thread that said the 1998 R1 rear indicators have the same mount as the FZS 600 but were about 2cm shorter and that they were going cheap on Busters.  I now can't find this for the life of me since the site move.

Found them, bought them and they're the same length...

Does anyone out there know of any rear indicators that I can fit that have the same mounting type but have a shorter stem?

Cheers

Olly

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 December 2013, 11:11:02 am »
Cheers for the help guys.

My front indicators had different connectors so I decided not to go that route as my mate has borrowed my crimping tool and then gone on holiday...

I've gone with the early R1 indicators (as I didn't want to faf about with connectors and resistors for the same reason as above). Worked a treat.

Thanks again.