Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:36 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 642272 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!
« Reply #3275 on: 30 July 2019, 12:36:30 am »
ditto mate. apparently the old bill can use theirfootage against you can't they? I mean how the fuck can that be legal?

If you record evidence of yourself breaking the law, you've only yourself to blame...!!

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: 02 August 2019, 09:32:58 am »

Anyway remind us Mr environment what fuel does that power station that you work in burn.     

:eek It gets worse!.

Rides a C90 + a Gen1 Fazer 1000, drives a diesel car and works in a power station :eek

What do you run the BBQ on?. Shredded car tyres? :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: 02 August 2019, 06:48:21 pm »
:eek It gets worse!.

Rides a C90 + a Gen1 Fazer 1000, drives a diesel car and works in a power station :eek

What do you run the BBQ on?. Shredded car tyres? :lol

I’m am at a loss as to the point you are trying to make.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: 02 August 2019, 07:13:01 pm »
At the end of the day if you keep increasingly the concentration of co2 in the atmosphere, then you will get temperature rises. 
Once again, all the predictions are coming true, but still there is little sign of any willingness to change.

Cough ----- and don't forget Mrs VNA also has a car  ;) .
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: 02 August 2019, 08:14:42 pm »
Quote from: VNA on 27 July 2019, 10:58:34 AM<blockquote> At the end of the day if you keep increasingly the concentration of co2 in the atmosphere, then you will get temperature rises. 
Once again, all the predictions are coming true, but still there is little sign of any willingness to change. </blockquote>
<blockquote> </blockquote>

Firstly Mrs VNA does not have a car.

Secondly, how am I to get to my carbon neutral place of work?  It’s is relatively remote, there is no works bus and no public transport.

Thirdly, I need to get about, public transport is poor round here.  There is currently no real practicable viable alternative my current modes of transport.

Fourthly, do you think that any personal changes that I make, or you for that matter, will have any impact on global temperatures?

There has to be collective change.  It has to be global change. 

Though at the end of the day, the new energy market is without any doubt is going to be about both efficiency and carbon neutral energy sources alongside solutions to absorb CO2.

The winners economically in this new world are going to be those who grasp the nettle and find the solutions. 

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: 02 August 2019, 11:25:44 pm »
Quote from: VNA on 27 July 2019, 10:58:34 AM<blockquote> At the end of the day if you keep increasingly the concentration of co2 in the atmosphere, then you will get temperature rises. 
Once again, all the predictions are coming true, but still there is little sign of any willingness to change. </blockquote>

Firstly, Mrs VNA does not have a car.

Secondly, how am I to get to my carbon neutral place of work?  It’s is relatively remote, there is no works bus and no public transport.

Thirdly, I need to get about, public transport is poor round here.  There is are currently no real practicable viable alternatives to my current modes of transport.

Fourthly, do you think that any personal changes that I make, or you for that matter, will have any impact on global temperatures?

Though at the end of the day, the new energy market is without any doubt is going to be about both efficiency and carbon neutral energy sources alongside solutions to absorb CO2.

The winners economically in this new world are going to be those who grasp the nettle and find the solutions.

FTFY -  :D
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: 03 August 2019, 09:41:26 am »
  • Firstly   the above is how you correctly insert a quote so that the name of who you are quoting is included.
  • Secondly   You do the quotes without any names
  • Thirdly    It can look like you said what is in the quote
  • Fourthly  I was mistaken when I said Mrs has a car.
  • Fifthly    It was because you quoted it.
  • Sixthly   I refer you to Secondly.
  • Seventhly  Co2 is a red herring - in fact the earth almost does not have enough Co2 the sustain current plant life 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: 03 August 2019, 10:31:49 am »
  • Firstly   the above is how you correctly insert a quote so that the name of who you are quoting is included.
  • Secondly   You do the quotes without any names
  • Thirdly    It can look like you said what is in the quote
  • Fourthly  I was mistaken when I said Mrs has a car.
  • Fifthly    It was because you quoted it.
  • Sixthly   I refer you to Secondly.
  • Seventhly  Co2 is a red herring - in fact the earth almost does not have enough Co2 the sustain current plant life 
Ah Fazersharps usual tactic, attack the individual one way or another rather than addressing the substance.

Meanwhile,

The hottest July the world has seen since records began;
https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/july-weather-hottest-month-ever-climate-change-heatwave-global-warming-wmo-a9035356.html

The earth has lost more than half it’s trees since we started cutting them down;

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/earth-has-lost-more-than-half-its-trees-since-humans-first-started-cutting-them-down-10483189.html

It’s pretty simple really.  CO2 is an insulating greenhouse gas.  We have increased the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere whilst at the same time reducing natures ability to absorb that gas.  Rising temperatures will naturally increase the amount of CO2 and other insulating gases in the atmosphere further increasing temperature on top of man-made temperature increases. 

We have the ability to reverse this.  But not to save the planet, as it will be just fine, but to save ourselves.  If we don’t change our ways the human race faces extinction.  This will be different from previous events, in that we will be the first species not only to predict our own extinction, but to understand why and have the means to stop it.  The question today is – will we?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: 03 August 2019, 11:42:59 am »
The data quoted in the independent comes from organisations directly funded by the EU. Its all part of agenda 21 to control and reduce populations "  sustainable population" also from their own words "Strengthening the Role of Major Groups includes the roles of children and youth, women, and NGOs. - You only have to look at the news and see this is action "the rolls of children ". Its shameful how governments are using Children to facilitate their wider agenda.

NGO's - biggest con there is because many are partly if not wholly funded by governments.
Also from their own words " Means of Implementation to include science, technology transfer education, international institutions, and financial mechanisms. Read it again and see that all of their agendas aims are being carried out right under our noses with our taxes, without ever consulting the public.
Also the phrase "since record began" only covers the temperature since 1873

There is far more hidden behind the climate hoax if you only remove yourself from your own confirmation bias.
« Last Edit: 03 August 2019, 11:46:21 am by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: 03 August 2019, 12:13:57 pm »

We have the ability to reverse this.  But not to save the planet, as it will be just fine, but to save ourselves.  If we don’t change our ways the human race faces extinction.  This will be different from previous events, in that we will be the first species not only to predict our own extinction, but to understand why and have the means to stop it.  The question today is – will we?

Not if everyone follows your example :lol

Just remember....If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem ;)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: 03 August 2019, 02:58:35 pm »
There is far more hidden behind the climate hoax if you only remove yourself from your own confirmation bias.
And remember, just because you're not a conspiracy theorist, doesn't mean they're not out to get you  :)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: 03 August 2019, 09:41:02 pm »

Aye, right, climatologists right across the globe are all engaged in a hoax.  Mmmm.

Meanwhile, VNA got caught in a flash flood on Thursday.  Got home and poured the water oot o ma boots.  Took the car to work on Friday cos everything was soaking.

Whet oot fae a spin today down through the borders.  Coming back towards Glasgow on the way hame, another bleedin flash flood.  Got home and poured the water oot o ma boots again.

Ah wis thinking today that my boots felt a wee bit mare spacious than usual.  Then I noticed the insoles still sitting in the conservatory when I got back.  Doh!

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: 03 August 2019, 09:43:39 pm »

Aye, right, climatologists right across the globe are all engaged in a hoax.  Mmmm.

Meanwhile, VNA got caught in a flash flood on Thursday.  Got home and poured the water oot o ma boots.  Took the car to work on Friday cos everything was soaking.

Whet oot fae a spin today down through the borders.  Coming back towards Glasgow on the way hame, another bleedin flash flood.  Got home and poured the water oot o ma boots again.

Ah wis thinking today that my boots felt a wee bit mare spacious than usual.  Then I noticed the insoles still sitting in the conservatory when I got back.  Doh!

Have you got spell check switched on? :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: 03 August 2019, 10:13:49 pm »

Have you got spell check switched on? :lol

It's Tartan check ;)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: 03 August 2019, 11:42:56 pm »

What gets my goat is people who type how they speak - utter bollocks. Never met anyone who does this.

I think you meant to say....

"Aye, reit, climatologists reit athwart th' globe ur aw engaged in a hoax. mmmm. meanwhile, vna got caught in a flash fluid oan fuirsday. got haem an' poored th' water it o ma bitts. took th' motur tae wark oan friday cos everythin' was soakin'. whit it fae a spin the-day doon ben th' borders. comin' back towards Glasgee oan th' way ham, anither bleedin flash fluid. got haem an' poored th' water it o ma bitts again. ah wis thinkin' the-day 'at mah bitts felt a wee bit maur spacioos than usual. 'en Ah noticed th' insoles still sittin' in th' conservatory when Ah got back. doh!"

Please correct me.............
« Last Edit: 03 August 2019, 11:43:45 pm by Frosties »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: 04 August 2019, 12:17:16 am »
For those of us darn sarf, here's a translation :

No currant bun and I decided to go up the frog and toad but it was coming down cats and dogs. My daisy roots leaked and my plates of meat got soaking wet. Next day when I came down the apples and pears, my daisies seemed bigger. When I had a butchers at them I'd left the insole out. I couldn't believe my mincies. Would you Adam and Eve it.

Hope that helps.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: 04 August 2019, 01:09:19 am »
For those of us darn sarf, here's a translation :

No currant bun and I decided to go up the frog and toad but it was coming down cats and dogs. My daisy roots leaked and my plates of meat got soaking wet. Next day when I came down the apples and pears, my daisies seemed bigger. When I had a butchers at them I'd left the insole out. I couldn't believe my mincies. Would you Adam and Eve it.

Hope that helps.

Nope, still typing as you speak  :lol :lol
« Last Edit: 04 August 2019, 01:10:09 am by Frosties »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: 04 August 2019, 09:42:11 am »

Thirdly, I need to get about, public transport is poor round here.  There is currently no real practicable viable alternative my current modes of transport.

Maybe have a chat with these people, they seem to manage just fine.  :lol

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: 04 August 2019, 10:02:48 am »
Where I live I mainly get by with
  • Aint it
  • Gorrit
  • Doonit
  • innit

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: 04 August 2019, 11:01:09 am »

What gets my goat is people who type how they speak - utter bollocks. Never met anyone who does this.

I think it's intended as a way of expressing national/regional pride. It's a bit cringy though isn't it :o .

On a similar theme, I used to work with a Brummie who travelled home every other weekend for the football. By Friday afternoon his accent was almost incomprehensible :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: 04 August 2019, 02:24:28 pm »

Foccin philistines. :lol

I suppose it’s a wee bit different in England as you only have one language.
I don’t speak or write in Gaelic, and it’s an entirely different language to English in any case. So I don’t understand it.
However, Scots is very similar to the dead language known as Old English which is in turn broadly similar to English.  Which is hou ye Sassenachs unnerstaund whit a am sayin.
I think it's intended as a way of expressing national/regional pride. It's a bit cringy though isn't it :o .
Ah cannae see hou tha writin in ma mither tongue is in ony wey “cringy”. :(

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: 04 August 2019, 02:43:16 pm »

Which is hou ye Sassenachs unnerstaund whit a am sayin.
Ah cannae see hou tha writin in ma mither tongue is in ony wey “cringy”. :(

Foc me I wish I hadn't said anything now, It's made it worse :'(

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: 04 August 2019, 03:01:21 pm »
 :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: 05 August 2019, 12:15:36 am »
On a similar theme, I used to work with a Brummie who travelled home every other weekend for the football. By Friday afternoon his accent was almost incomprehensible

Geordie - Alan Partridge got it right - 'it's just noise'

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: 05 August 2019, 10:16:51 am »

and no one local accent is more trustworthy than any other, these tv ad people have a lot to answer for.