Date: 20-04-24  Time: 01:07 am

Author Topic: Mt10 test ride  (Read 11382 times)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Mt10 test ride
« Reply #25 on: 14 June 2016, 02:40:57 pm »
Yeah......ya big tit
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 June 2016, 05:11:20 pm »
:rollin I'm actually amazed and highly amused that you even bit at my remark. You're making it too easy.  You must have a brain the size of a pea.  Do you feel it rolling around inside your empty head when you're on a bumpy road ?
I guess that explains why you want to remain.
I don't really know what your problem is,  it's either psychological or the depressing realisation that we are heading to leave the EU so you're just throwing tantrums in frustration.
Wake up and smell the coffee mate,  you're pathetic unnecessary outbursts are just a source of amusement for us.
Well at least you were right about the pathetic bit but as I have said more then once, whether you want to stay or go is entirely your own business and I really could care less either way. I don't care if you are just stirring shit or believe that bullshit, when you post made up crap, I will call you out. 

Just for the record, I am Irish and whether you stay or go there will be pros and cons for me so I am not going to try and tell you or anyone else which way to vote, but I will give you a little tip; blaming others for your problems is easy, but it is not a good place to be.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2016, 05:11:58 pm by PaulSmith »

The Male Whale

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1300 Pan European/ZZR 1400
    • View Profile
    • Celtic Motorcycles
« Reply #27 on: 14 June 2016, 05:34:08 pm »
FFS!  :rolleyes

Was half interested in hearing about the new motorbike I was.... 

Time to get off this forum after 10 years I think, going like the other troll infested beauties out there.

Which is a shame. Always found the majority of peeps on here talking sense.

Whale

On the Gas! :stop

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 June 2016, 05:40:29 pm »
Mate, you're the last person I'm going to take life advice from but thanks for the tip anyway  :thumbup  The only problem I've got at the moment is how I'm going to get an MT10 in black before the beginning of September......Now, there must be someone I can blame for that .....The EU perhaps ?  :lol

Nath

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 June 2016, 05:08:21 pm »
Piss off with your politics somewhere else.

This topic is about MT10's.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 15 June 2016, 07:15:32 pm »
Amen brother Nath.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 June 2016, 07:52:36 pm »
Agreed, I won't mention the EU, even in jest as some people can't seem to tell when I'm jesting.

So, I've been around the dealers and it seems that the black ones are hard to find. A2 at Gravesend had a blue one and Faversham have a fleuro one in stock but I'm not keen on them.
Dealers can't seem to get allocated enough of them and earliest for a black one was beginning of September. :eek
Popped in to see two of my old school friends who run a bike shop in my town and guess what....... Ordered one today in black due in end of July and they've waivered their commission on a finance deal so it's all good.  :) 
The fact that my gearbox on my car has been making a suspiciously terminal noise over the last few weeks has had me holding back but then the longer I left it the waiting times were getting longer and longer so I thought, "Foc it" and took the plunge.
I just can't get that test ride out of my head and the performance was everything I've always wanted in my bikes  and have found myself tweaking them to buggery but never quite achieving it.
Whether it's going to be a good distance bike, only time will tell but going to put a screen on it and IMO an essential add-on a rad and oil cooler guard.
Roll on end of July.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2016, 08:03:21 pm by dazza »

Nath

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 June 2016, 08:02:16 pm »
Nice one  8)  You're more patient than me waiting till the end of July.

Blade in Swindon had a black one there and it looked awesome and to me it's the best colour for it. I'd imagine Yamaha are dribbling them out to keep the prices up but they'll need to be careful as the "summer only" riders won't get much use and might leave it till next year, unless they've got a warm garage to stare at it.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 June 2016, 08:14:32 pm »
Yes, going to feel like a long wait but still got the Fazer to enjoy and gives me another two months pay to help with the deposit.
It had to be the black. You can just imagine that black billet rearsets and anything red anodised will go with it nicely without looking too much.
Probably could of sourced one further a field but this is on my doorstep and won't get a better deal with the finance as well as getting some discount on the accessories so was a no brainer really. 

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Mt10 test ride
« Reply #34 on: 15 June 2016, 08:56:17 pm »
Nice one Darren ....just don't be thinking we're gonna keep stopping with with u so u can fill up lol....maybe you can mod the tank like some on here have done? Wot u gonna do with ur Fazer?
« Last Edit: 15 June 2016, 08:57:17 pm by Exupnut »

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15 June 2016, 09:09:55 pm »
Don't reckon that's going to be a problem really, I'm thinking I could just stop for juice while I'm waiting for the rest of you to catch up  :D
As for the Fazer, going to keep it for now and see if I still have the inclination to use it, I'm thinking it's going to have it's uses.
I put the big screen and top box on it today and I'm using it tonight for work while my car is in the garage so it's always handy as a back up.

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 15 June 2016, 09:47:19 pm »
Agreed, I won't mention the EU, even in jest as some people can't seem to tell when I'm jesting.

I told you not to mention the EU !

Ordered one today in black due in end of July and they've waivered their commission on a finance deal so it's all good.

Jealous!

« Last Edit: 15 June 2016, 09:47:54 pm by AyJay »

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 15 June 2016, 09:47:39 pm »
Congrats Dazza, you'll love it.
I posted this last December in relation to the gen2, & even more relative to the gen1. Maybe now you can understand my thinking.  ;)

You can trick the FZ1 as much as you like. It'll still not be as fast, handle as well, or have traction control, slipper clutch, etc., etc.,. The MT10, like the rest of the top nakeds, is leap years ahead. The FZ1 is a 10 yearold design & looks it. If I didn't have an s1r I'd be on this like a shot. It'll be a hoot to ride.

Ignore the 95 miles to a tank rubbish, my S1r for example is 150 ish & you should be similar.

[/size][/font]
« Last Edit: 15 June 2016, 09:48:43 pm by DekF »

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 15 June 2016, 09:53:09 pm »
I'd imagine Yamaha are dribbling them out to keep the prices up

It's probably more to do with ramping up production. I worked at Nissan and it always took time to ramp up when a new model came out. You have to learn how to make them efficiently and it takes time. Having said that, all the manufacturers have a better grip of supply chain management these days, and they all know that over supply kills the value of bikes, which isn't good for them or us.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15 June 2016, 10:10:23 pm »
Congrats Dazza, you'll love it.
I posted this last December in relation to the gen2, & even more relative to the gen1. Maybe now you can understand my thinking.  ;)

You can trick the FZ1 as much as you like. It'll still not be as fast, handle as well, or have traction control, slipper clutch, etc., etc.,. The MT10, like the rest of the top nakeds, is leap years ahead. The FZ1 is a 10 yearold design & looks it. If I didn't have an s1r I'd be on this like a shot. It'll be a hoot to ride.

Ignore the 95 miles to a tank rubbish, my S1r for example is 150 ish & you should be similar.

[/size]
Cheers Dek  :thumbup  Actually remember you posting that. Technology always amazes me and the speed of development these days. Looking at the gen 1  and gen 2 compared to the MT10 is like night and day. Christ I've had DIY projects at home that have taken me longer than the gap between these bikes and there still not done. :lol
150 miles I can live with, similar to a gen 2 I'd imagine.
Not going to mention the EU but I'm sure their to blame for something :)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 16 June 2016, 12:25:42 am »

[/size]
[/quote]
Not going to mention the EU but I'm sure their to blame for something :)
[/quote]

It's the extra 5mm ride height mate ...I'm tellin ya....bastards....I know how you feel.

I got a technical question for you ....i know that's unusual for me being a thick Foccer...but when u test rode  it did your plates touch the frog?

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16 June 2016, 02:13:53 am »
If that means did my feet touch the ground in Exupnut language then think I was on the balls of my feet I can normally  get one foot flat on a camber, if you meant something else then I have no idea what you're talking about.
I tell you what I did notice,  the turning circle on full lock was rubbish. When I pulled over looking for a good spot for a photo it took me a few shunts to turn round in the road.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 16 June 2016, 11:00:22 am »
anything red anodised will go with it nicely without looking too much.

Aaaargh, tat! Don't do it!

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16 June 2016, 06:06:55 pm »
Nice one Dazzer your gonna love it mate  :thumbup 

Drax

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18 June 2016, 08:21:43 am »
Had a look at the MT10 & although it's touted as a £10k bike you'll definitely need a Radiator guard & Oil cooler guard, Tail tidy & like most of us a slip on end can.

If you go for the official Yamaha parts from the MT10 accessory catalogue thats another £800-00 - Want to turn it into a long distance machine - add luggage for a further £700-00.

Like on of the earlier posts, I haven't booked a test ride yet as it will make my Gen2 Fazer feel slow & heavy - like it did after I took the GSXR1000R naked for a test.  >:

The looks are subjective - it does look better in the metal - but what puts me off the bike, is the overall build quality finish.

Without doubt the engine is the star of the show but Yamaha have had to compromise on the finish to get it under the magic £10k. The welding seams on the swing arm, the placement of the breather pipes & cables that are exposed, look like an afterthought & unfinished. I don't like the plain plastic finish on a lot of the bike - mudguards, rear hugger etc.

Without doubt a cracking machine but (unfortunately) for me, I couldn't spend that amount of money on a bike that needs more money spending on it.

(As a matter of interest re: the MT-10 test ride video made in France in earlier post - has the 100bhp restriction now been lifted / abolished as voted for in the EU Parliament?)

Paradox - A bit like paracetamol but different.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 18 June 2016, 10:54:12 pm »
DAZZA  leave them school kids alone  :eek
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

bigfootpete

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 19 June 2016, 10:12:03 pm »
Well, back to the original subject, Yamaha are doing a MT roadshow, it'll be at Boxhill this weekend if you want to test ride any of the MT range.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 20 June 2016, 07:13:22 pm »
Blue, fleuro or black ?

Nath

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 20 June 2016, 07:19:57 pm »
Black looks lovely and blue would be my second choice.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 26 June 2016, 11:27:23 pm »
Best review I've seen. Gives you some idea how much fun these can be in the right hands....