Date: 25-04-24  Time: 18:31 pm

Author Topic: Good insurance cover  (Read 2426 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Good insurance cover
« Reply #25 on: 17 May 2020, 07:20:38 pm »
I use mcn purely because you can have any mods apart from turbo or super charge, as soon as I put a list of my mods most insurance companies either don't want to know or ridiculous prices. Mcn do have a rip off mandatory excess.
A lot of these insurance companies have a statement in the small print.  Basically they make an assumption that your bike is standard.

I went on one website and they had a drop down list of add-ons that were classed as mods and every one i clicked bumped the price up, i think until the quote nearly doubled in price.
One of these add-ons was decals (stickers). That just takes the piss.
wonder if stickers are a sign that it's been dropped or had an off ad you need stickers to cover so stickers = risk .
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Good insurance cover
« Reply #26 on: 18 May 2020, 10:19:41 pm »
Went to pay the insurance yesterday, due on June 3rd, and it's now £124 instead of my quoted £110. I'm curious as to what has changed in the last 10 days to warrant a price increase?

The later you leave it, the more the price goes up, because, statistically, people who leave it late are more of a risk.

Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert site recommends three weeks before the due date is the optimal time to get the best price :thumbup