Date: 19-04-24  Time: 18:38 pm

Author Topic: Heated grips  (Read 1765 times)

bazsergison

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Heated grips
« on: 02 April 2013, 07:43:59 am »
Hi. Peps how much am I looking at for a decent set of heated grips fitted on my 02 fzs fazer as I went out for the first time last night in six months and my fingers where frezzzzzzzzing  , bikes all so jue it's mot and service so was going to get it all done at once

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Heated grips
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2013, 08:10:29 am »
Go fer the oxford's. shud be £75 ish fitted. Make sure they wire into ignition or headlamps(providin your dip comes on automatic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2013, 03:33:18 am »
Oxfords, I paid about £75 for mine. I also have a good pair of Ixon gloves that keep the cold at bay most of the time.

phil on a fazer

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2013, 08:29:07 am »
Symmtec heated grip elements......

http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/product.php/116/

ive had two sets of Oxford ones, there ok but they just dont last - there far from robust. But these Symmtec ones are brill. i have a set for the fazer but aint fitted them yet, i know loads of people who have them though.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: 03 April 2013, 08:53:45 am »
A tip I learnt from another site, rather than cut into expensive wires finding the switched live, goto the rear brake light switch and get your feed there. If you do fec it up, a new switch is pennies compared to the grief of a damaged loom.

On my FZS and now the CBF I have had Oxford grips. On the Pan I had a Honda version that wasn't as good. I would recommend the proper Oxford ones though I don't do many miles so cant say how they wear.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

andydrz

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 April 2013, 09:29:32 pm »
I bought my Oxford grips from ebay for £50. I used them today and they are superb. Easy to wire in, they go straight to the battery, with a low voltage indicator so they turn off before totally draining your battery if you leave them on. Highly recommended  :)

flesh

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 April 2013, 10:30:32 pm »
Go fer the oxford's. shud be £75 ish fitted. Make sure they wire into ignition or headlamps(providin your dip comes on automatic)
I've had a number of sets of Oxford grips and they have all been great. Best ones so far have been the Sports grip as they have a rougher surface.
One point to note is that Oxford recommend that you wire directly to the battery and not an ignition live. I have found that going via an ignition live sometimes does not give the grips enough juice to work correctly and after consulting with Oxford found wiring to the battery rectified the issue.
They do have a stafey cut out that turns them off before your battery dies if your forget to turn them off. Have tested this feature out a few times  :rolleyes

Noj

• DAS Born Again
  • Psych on a Bike.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - R6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 April 2013, 11:32:01 pm »
Better than nothing but still get cold thumb and fingers, but palm is warm. I have found that having them on a little keeps you hands warmer than full power. I won't go into the biology as to why this works, try it.

Oxfords are good and had a set for 6 years on R6 and were very good. They were about £35 in 2005. Not bought any sins.