Date: 19-04-24  Time: 23:10 pm

Author Topic: Mivv suono ...... too loud!  (Read 1096 times)

Lonewolf

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Mivv suono ...... too loud!
« on: 16 April 2019, 04:32:09 pm »
I have a gen 2 fz1s (2008) with a Mivv suono exhaust can with which I replaced the original. I always thought it seemed a tad loud but I’m now of the impression that it’s too loud especially around town. Can anyone recommend anything that could be done to quieten it down a little. I was even thinking of replacing the original exhaust can back on but I took it off in the first place as I thought it wasn’t as aesthetically nice as a shorter can.
It has the plug in place by the way, goodness knows what it would be like without that?
Any ideas?

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Mivv suono ...... too loud!
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2019, 05:16:46 pm »
I have a Mivv on my Gen 2 too. They are known for being loud but to be honest with the baffle in I dont find it too obnoxious. With the baffle out it is a little too much, makes more bass so to speak to has more of a thud to it.
Are you sure it's not just because your used to the stock pipe? (which is stupidly quiet)
Most aftermarket pipes are a lot louder than stock

SteveP

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2019, 08:46:18 pm »
Also have a Mivv, but a  Ghibli on my Gen 2, I love it & so do most people who hear it, tis a tad loud even with the "baffle" in but I can live with it & never had a complaint from any neighbours even though a leave for work at 6am :)

Stinka

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2019, 02:43:29 pm »
I have a mivv titanium oval on my Gen 1, with no baffle in. It’s absolutely lush lol, crisp and rather audible, but no way is it too loud ! It’s just nice even at an 80mph motorway cruise

Compared to the motad full system I had on my tracer900 it’s very quiet. My ears used to ring the day after a decent ride out with that bloody thing, but it was sexual  :rollin