Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

clutch question

(1/2) > >>

solorider:
i need to buy some new clutch plates so is it worth buying heavy duty springs or am i better off sticking with a set of genuine springs?

scousy:
if it helps i asked the same quetion to the guys at Bike Torque Racing Ltd and they said standard springs are fine , that was with a Surflex clutch kit which is allegedly much better than an OE clutch ?

solorider:
im going to be hetting a ebc clutch plates,the surflex plates are a bit over my budget at the moment

b1k3rdude:
my suggestion, get stock springs (as the pattern springs make the clutch action noticeably heavier) and the other thing I found was the pattern friction plates screwed up the biting point, but this may have been an issue with the thickness of the pattern plates all being 3mm when compared to the oem have a 4 at something like2.5mm and the rest at 3mm etc.

solorider:

--- Quote from: b1k3rdude on 05 October 2011, 04:35:45 pm ---my suggestion, get stock springs (as the pattern springs make the clutch action noticeably heavier) and the other thing I found was the pattern friction plates screwed up the biting point, but this may have been an issue with the thickness of the pattern plates all being 3mm when compared to the oem have a 4 at something like2.5mm and the rest at 3mm etc.

--- End quote ---
i would love to get a genuine clitch,but i cannot afford the cost of it at £159.57 plus the cost of the springs.
it is possible that my bike may already have a pattern clutch as the biting point is near the end of the lever travel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version