Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Ignition Advancer giving off more vibes than standard setup

(1/2) > >>

kebab19:
As per the old messageboard, I fitted a modified ignition advancer which does give a bit more low-down grunt.

I balanced the carbs yesterday after doing my valve clearances last week. Valves all set to mid-spec clearances.

Took the bike out for a decent spin today and encountered a lot more vibes than the standard setup, particularly around 4-6000rpm. It clears up from about 7000 upwards but I'm finding it quite irritating....the vibes through the bars are reminiscent of my old Bandit1200, which was part of the reason I got shot of it.

Anything worth trying to fix the problem? Think I read something years ago about adjusting the TPS to compensate......

(Ivan's Slip-on jetkit fitted and an aftermarket end-pipe with the baffle in)

kebab19:
Fiddled with the TPS but still couldn't get an acceptable setup, so I've put my Advancer back to the standard position and she's much smoother again above 4000rpm.
I know a few of our U.S. cousins had problems with the Advancer fitted in conjunction with Ivans, and the great man himself thinks its not the best setup for our bikes.

A pity as I can see plenty of others not affected by this mod

solorider:
looking at a place that sells the ivans jet kit there is a note at the bottom of the page
IMPORTANT NOTE:
Remember!
This is an R1 motor. Ignition advancers are not recommended unless you have significantly raised the compression!

kebab19:
That's true....except there's about half a dozen people on this site (or at least on the old site) with jetkit & advancer fitted together and no problems

ghostbiker:
yup, got full monty and ignition advancer and thrown on a 2 teeth larger rear sprox. dont seem to have any problems.
i found it a little more viby with the rear sprox change , as you would expect, it revs higher for the speed your at, but noticed little change with the advancer. seemed to clean the pick up 2-4k rpm but didnt notice more vibes or any good/bad effects above that.

i allways say the true test to any mod is if your bike was replaced with a std one would you do the same mod.
HUGE yes to full monty ivans
Yes to the 2 teeth on the rear
prob not on the advancer, i found no down side but the upside was limited

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version