Date: 16-04-24  Time: 10:49 am

Author Topic: Should have stayed in bed!  (Read 1192 times)

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Should have stayed in bed!
« on: 04 September 2015, 11:11:58 pm »
Have you ever had one of those days?

Mine was today! After a rough restless nights sleep I got up early for work, harassed by the family pets whilst making my morning brew to find there was not enough milk for my cereal. Had to toast some crust bread from the fridge.>:(
Got dressed for the ride to work and pushed the bike out of the garage. Swung a leg over the tiger and kicked up the stand. I then realised the seat wasn't on properly, so leant the bike over to get off, forgetting g to put the stand down.
Aaaaaand over she went, crunch! My leg got caught under the bike and flicked me off into the drive.
After a 290kg squat, I lifted her back up to find the crash bars had done their job, saving the panels and tank. Phew!

Fired her up and headed down the motorway to wrestle with the cage tossers. M6 south has 4 lanes, why the f**k does every asshole commuter use 3 and 4????
Anyway, mid lean going round a left bend from lane 3 to 4, I hit a pothole that a land rover would struggle with. Cue tank slapper, and front end slide!!!! Sh@ my pants and recovered it!

After an equally challenging and les than rewarding shift at work I had a relatively uneventful ride home. I stupidly decided to De stress by taking the R1 out for a 1/2 hour blast with my new shock fitted.
My completely worn out rear tyre decided it didn't like the new set up, and wanted to slide round all the bends, ruining my fun, and further messing up my pants!!!
Got home and decided to change the tyre for a nice set of m3's I've had sat in the garage and been waiting to fit for weeks.
I've changed loads of tyres, but this one was being a tw@ to take off!!! Took a chunk out of my rim, bent a tyre lever, and finally had one smash me in the face before the tyre popped off the rim. I refitted the m3, and it took a decade to inflate it, the popping of the beading nearly took my finger off!

I'm led here in bed with a glass of fine Irish whiskey, nursing a fat lip, bruised leg, and battered ego.

Probably going to choke on a fooking ice cube next!!!::)
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Should have stayed in bed!
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2015, 03:28:51 am »
That is quite the day! Hope the new tyres are good on the bike.

There are definitely days where it's best to just sit and watch tv rather than try and do anything...

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2015, 06:50:06 am »
OH Hell !! I have heard about them days,,that's as close as I want to get..

Keep smiling.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2015, 11:16:57 am »

decided to De stress by taking the R1 out

:eek
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.