Date: 29-03-24  Time: 08:19 am

Author Topic: First biking/camping trip scotland  (Read 5978 times)

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
Re: First biking/camping trip scotland
« Reply #25 on: 01 August 2013, 09:48:41 pm »
You'll be hard pushed to hit Fort William by Saturday morning. Weather doesn't look good....better in the east so would second the A7 to Edinburgh. Make sure you stop at the welly shop, then through glencoe to ballachuist and onto Fort William......great roads but hellish in bad weather so take extra care

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 August 2013, 07:21:07 pm »
Hi all , got back from Scotland midnight last night , left Fort William at 9am missed the turning for Glasgow at the end of Glencoe , was halfway to Stirling before I realised so decided to go to the Wallace monument , eventually found it . Great trip , fantastic scenery , found the Scottish people very friendly , most of the bikers wave,  met lots of characters along the way , thanks to Mick who was their with his family , and helped me build my tent in the gale on Saturday morning , I was generally lucky with the weather , the journey up through Glencoe was a bit scary with the crosswinds and the bike loaded up , on Sunday rode the A82 along  Loch Ness  , great road , on the way back went up the cable car by Ben Nevis . on Monday rode from Fort William to John O Groats and back , decided to give the bike a rest on Tuesday and walked the mountain trail to the top of Ben Nevis , I would recommend the Stag hotel in Moffat , the green welly cafĂ© at the start of Glencoe . I would definitely go to Scotland again , the Glen Nevis camp site was excellent with great facilities . I took loads of photos , anybody know how to get them from my computer on to this site . Got to sort the bike before my next trip , heard a bang in Stirling , after that the bike was making a noise in first gear , it started alright this evening , but when I put it into first gear it didn't make its usual clunk , got a feeling its the gearbox but I am no mechanic . Thanks to everybody for the advice before I set off , it was very helpful .

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 August 2013, 08:34:30 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it, my first roadtrip was round Scotland up the east side and back down the west including a ferry crossing from dunoon back towards Glasgow.....very good memories.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08 August 2013, 09:48:31 pm »
glad you enjoyed it. if you only have a few pics, you can upload pics directly to this site.

if you have got a load, you can upload loads to photobucket at once, and then post the image lints to them on here. see this guide here: http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,8973.0.html

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 August 2013, 10:28:56 pm »
U saw us
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 09 August 2013, 09:32:19 am »
where

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 August 2013, 02:45:03 pm »
wouldnt worry about it. think exupnut has been on the funny fags mate, he has posted one paragraph over about 20 threads :lol

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 August 2013, 03:28:40 pm »
he's also a bit slow on the uptake......its the blue fazer slowing him down :)

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 August 2013, 09:22:11 pm »
A few pics from my Scotland trip

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 August 2013, 09:55:54 pm »
Pics from Scotland.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 August 2013, 10:01:46 pm »
Scotland pics

boxer1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - gen 1 fazer 1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 15 August 2013, 12:01:29 am »
Glad you enjoyed scotland, did you make oban? when next at glencoe try the clachaig inn, trmendous there  :) am up there a lot especially the weather we,ve had this year  :D no better roads in the uk than up there, more pics please  ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 15 August 2013, 06:55:04 am »
great pictures ESETEST...shame we did`nt meet....looks like you had better weather than me at john o groats...thick fog when i was there...if iam not mistaken is that the A82 nessie road i can see.....great road  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 15 August 2013, 10:11:57 pm »
I didn't get to Oban , but I will definitely visit Scotland again , friendliest people I've ever met , great scenery , great roads , couldn't find a pub selling thatchers gold though  . That was the A82 by Loch Ness Red , shame we missed each other  by a day  , I was impressed with the Glen Nevis camp site  . a good road I found was if you turn left at Nessie land , go a few miles then turn right towards Beauley . I've got the camping bug now , trying to get the missus to give camping a go , she won't get on the bike though . here's some more pics .   

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15 August 2013, 10:22:10 pm »
some more pics