Date: 25-04-24  Time: 14:46 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 661342 times)

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1350 on: 11 April 2017, 09:30:07 am »
First time today in 30 years riding i had to remove my lid at a petrol station before the bastard would turn the pump on.
Kept my cool and didn't say a word to the fella behind the till.......deep breaths now.  :grumble
Me too. the other day, I just lay the nozzle on the floor and ride off
Crossed my mind too, but as i mentioned earlier, the large police station next door certainly paid a part in my final reaction.

It’s frustrating, but acts of petulance aren’t going to improve matters… it’ll just add weight to the theory that bikers are a bunch of reprobates.
We need them more than they need us. If they average a couple of pence profit per litre, the cost of processing the transaction for your 15 litre top-up means they probably don’t break even on the deal.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: 11 April 2017, 09:48:10 am »
First time today in 30 years riding i had to remove my lid at a petrol station before the bastard would turn the pump on.
Kept my cool and didn't say a word to the fella behind the till.......deep breaths now.  :grumble
Me too. the other day, I just lay the nozzle on the floor and ride off
Crossed my mind too, but as i mentioned earlier, the large police station next door certainly paid a part in my final reaction.

It’s frustrating, but acts of petulance aren’t going to improve matters… it’ll just add weight to the theory that bikers are a bunch of reprobates.
We need them more than they need us. If they average a couple of pence profit per litre, the cost of processing the transaction for your 15 litre top-up means they probably don’t break even on the deal.

This is one of the reasons why I have a flip front helmet. Just makes life so much easier as I don't need to take my lid off when filling up or paying at the counter, I just flip the front up to reveal my fugly mug  :lol
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: 11 April 2017, 07:53:31 pm »
I've never got why some guys find it such a hassle to remove their helmet when filling up.
I like to do it then make the car drivers behind me wait. It's fun to watch them getting all wound up as I make sure my gloves and lid are fastened up properly.  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: 11 April 2017, 08:42:38 pm »
I've never got why some guys find it such a hassle to remove their helmet when filling up.
I like to do it then make the car drivers behind me wait. It's fun to watch them getting all wound up as I make sure my gloves and lid are fastened up properly.  :lol
I find it a massive hassle. My helmet is a good fit and I have problems with earplugs as it is so when I pull the lid off - which as well as feeling like it is ripping off my ears it also dislodges the ear plugs which either fall on the floor straight away or roll off any surface I put them on - which is undoubtedly dirty.
Then there is also my glasses which have to come off first - now where do I put them.
So even without all of that where do you put your lid, defiantly not on the diesel soaked floor.
So yes it is a hassle and for that reason i only buy fuel at a pay at the pump.     
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: 11 April 2017, 09:56:58 pm »
Got to agree with sharpie, it's a ball ache taking your helmetoff and finding somehwere to balance it along with your gloves, glasses, earplug etc while you fill up then having to put it all down in the shop while you get your wallet out of lying to have to piss about putting it all back on, just silly. At the end of the day they are supposed to be offering you a service not doing you a favour so they should be trying to encourage you to spend money at their establishment, not make you feel victimised

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1355 on: 12 April 2017, 08:53:45 am »

I wont remove mine unless my top box is empty and I can put it in there. I will not hang it from the bars or balance it on the tank as I don't want it falling off. Also NEVER put your lid on the ground or on top of the pump in a petrol station as there are too many fumes and spillages around that will damage your helmet.

Most of the time I wear a flip front anyway so its never a real issue for me.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: 12 April 2017, 09:57:42 am »
The owl bastard in his big Merc yesterday in lane 4 of 4 which is a turn right only on the approach to the motorway. I'm between 2 and 3 filtering sat at the lights and beat them off the mark only for Merc man to floor it across but also partially comes into lane 2. Now, I'm dressed like plod so the dozy cunt cannot miss me with all the hi viz I'm wearing. I'm on the stebel horn blowing it for England as I'm moving across to lane 1 thinking I'm getting wasted. The cunt and his Mrs look at me like I'm in the wrong

sometimes I wish I was a real bizzy coz there would be some tickets dished out to these twats I tell yer........ggggrrrr
fire never sleeps

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: 12 April 2017, 07:22:31 pm »
what get my goat is these silly fuckers who over take you with in gnat whiskers  and I dont mean cars.
 fooking bikers ,some think they've got bigger bike they can over take you so close.
I almost followed one bastid but if it wasn't for my wife ,I would've done.
by this time it was near my home so all speed limit was 30.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: 15 April 2017, 11:06:55 pm »
 Bikers are some of the biggest idiots on the road nowadays.You can't go out on a nice day without seeing some fuckin' lunatic doing something bloody suicidal, splitting traffic at 50+mph, overtaking up to blind bends or the brow of a hill, undertaking and doing stupid speeds in totally inappropriate places. It surprises me that there are so few accidents involving motorcycles if I'm honest.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: 16 April 2017, 12:57:52 am »
Bikers are some of the biggest idiots on the road nowadays.You can't go out on a nice day without seeing some fuckin' lunatic doing something bloody suicidal, splitting traffic at 50+mph, overtaking up to blind bends or the brow of a hill, undertaking and doing stupid speeds in totally inappropriate places. It surprises me that there are so few accidents involving motorcycles if I'm honest.
C'mon, what else does the middle class fat balding priviledged white older male have to do with his time? "Get out of my way, I'm in management."
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: 16 April 2017, 07:59:35 am »
C'mon, what else does the middle class fat balding priviledged white older male have to do with his time? "Get out of my way, I'm in management."

What have Audi drivers got to do with this??
;-)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: 16 April 2017, 08:09:37 am »
 :lol
One, is never going to be enough.....

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: 16 April 2017, 10:55:16 am »
Twats on Vespa type scooters now they really do piss me off. Weaving in and out of city traffic not content to just filter. Don't mention those twats in Lycra now they should be a legitimate target for any road user. Two days ago in Bordeaux at the lights a cyclists runs the red car hits him , thankfully not to hard a tap, but enough to knock him off. He picks himself up then starts to have a rant at the car driver. really funny the driver gets out only to be seen in his  full Gendarme uniform - the funny hat.  :lol 
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: 16 April 2017, 01:07:39 pm »
Nothing wrong with cyclists in Lycra 😃

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: 16 April 2017, 04:19:42 pm »
mucky fox  ;)
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: 16 April 2017, 08:59:11 pm »

th6AN10XMO
th6AN10XMO
 You really think so Unfazed?
« Last Edit: 16 April 2017, 09:01:02 pm by vinnyb »

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: 17 April 2017, 01:34:25 am »
Whatever floats your boat.

My picture is better than your picture  :lol :lol :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: 17 April 2017, 06:38:49 am »
Whatever floats your boat.

My picture is better than your picture  :lol :lol :lol

He's absolutely right!
She may not quite of grasped the fact that it's way easier to ride the bike than carry it though, the length of her journey's could be rapidly improved and the protruding nipples could be so easily avoided with proper training.

ps: If you know who she is and she welcomes tuition then i could probably spare a day off work every other week.  :b
« Last Edit: 17 April 2017, 06:44:36 am by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: 17 April 2017, 07:14:01 am »

th6AN10XMO
th6AN10XMO
 You really think so Unfazed?

To be honest I'm just surprised to see James Cordon on a bike

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: 17 April 2017, 05:16:16 pm »

Nothing wrong with cyclists in Lycra 😃
  Your quote not mine  :D

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: 17 April 2017, 05:36:40 pm »
In reference to my picture yes , but definitely not your picture. :lol :lol :lol

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: 17 April 2017, 10:22:24 pm »
 You specified neither gender nor size, you just said that there's nothing wrong with cyclists in lycra and tried to prove your point by showing a single picture. I was merely making the point that sometimes there's an awful lot wrong with cyclists in lycra by posting another picture.  :rolleyes

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: 18 April 2017, 01:53:21 pm »
 Semantics   :'(
Semantics      :eek
Semantics      :rolleyes

:lol

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: 19 April 2017, 02:17:58 am »
Doctors.

I bet I've been to see my doctor no more than twice in the last decade, had a sore throat yesterday which went straight to my ears, was painful enough for me to book an emergency appointment to hopefully have him prescribe some pain relief other than the usual over the counter sticky plasters you get for mild headaches etc

I don't care if it's only mild inflammation, if I haven't been to see him for years does this not tell him something.

Could have kicked him in the balls................'Don't worry Doc, its only mild inflammation...................'
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: 19 April 2017, 10:18:27 am »
 What did you actually want then? a throatectomy? Antibiotics are way overprescribed nowadays and doctors have been told to give them only when absolutely necessary.  That you haven't been to the doctors for ten years tells him that you're healthy enough to fight a mild infection without them. If it carries on or get's worse you can go back for further investigation. Sorry what's the issue? It's surely a better result than hearing you've got 3 days to live.