Date: 23-04-24  Time: 20:12 pm

Author Topic: Wanted - Gen 1 FZS1000 or VFR800 pre VTEC  (Read 9190 times)

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Wanted - Gen 1 FZS1000 or VFR800 pre VTEC
« on: 18 March 2015, 05:22:59 pm »
As the title suggests. Looking for a later black engined bike if possible. Must be as mint as possible with low mileage. I know, not much to ask is it. Just an idea I'm toying with but show me WYG and who knows ??? or would a also consider a mint pre VTEC VFR 800 for the right price. 

Please satisfy my request and stop me buying from an inferior manfacturer
« Last Edit: 01 April 2015, 01:00:26 pm by Lez72 »
Yamaha Fazer 'the only bike you'll ever need' maybe ???

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted - Gen 1 FZS1000
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2015, 05:32:45 pm »
Bugger, that'll be one less for me to choose from when I'm ready for Fazer no.5!

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2015, 06:03:32 pm »
Bugger, that'll be one less for me to choose from when I'm ready for Fazer no.5!

what's wrong with Fazer number 4....I thought it was getting some devilsyam love

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2015, 06:32:42 pm »
There's love and wot the fuck do I do with this lol
He's lost the horn 4 it
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

SteveCardiff

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2015, 07:07:18 pm »
Timbo is selling one, looks bloody good too and well sorted. Almost talked my daughter into buying it.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2015, 07:44:38 pm »

what's wrong with Fazer number 4....I thought it was getting some devilsyam love

No.4 is the closest so far I will have got to my perfect Fazer. But it can never actually get there cos for that, I need black engine and frame  :'(

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 March 2015, 01:32:25 pm »
Come on folks. There must be something out there ? :\

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2015, 03:47:34 pm »
Might be selling this soon...it's a bit scabby in places, been down the road a few times and a bit rough but I'm open to offers

Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 March 2015, 03:58:58 pm »
Might be selling this soon...it's a bit scabby in places, been down the road a few times and a bit rough but I'm open to offers

Looks like a fat wasp.....crap silver engine (slow one).......only thing that would make it look any worse is black forks......ill swap you a 600 frame for it......you can use the frame to make a real bike. :b
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 March 2015, 04:23:23 pm »

Looks like a fat wasp.....crap silver engine (slow one).......only thing that would make it look any worse is black forks......ill swap you a 600 frame for it......you can use the frame to make a real bike. :b

Yeah I know the paint scheme is an acquired taste but thought black forks might sort of pull the whole paint scheme together. Might paint the forks but a swap for a 600 frame sounds pretty good. How much my way on top? Oh and yeah it is a bit slow admittedly, spent loads trying to get it faster. Won't handle either, can't get the front chicken strip any smaller  :'(
« Last Edit: 31 March 2015, 04:28:17 pm by Frosties »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 March 2015, 04:29:48 pm »

Yeah I know the paint scheme is an acquired taste but thought black forks might sort of pull the whole paint scheme together. Might paint the forks but a swap for a 600 frame sounds pretty good. How much my way on top?

Cheeky foccer....im shafting myself here just to do the deal....i mean desired taste is one description.......looks like something the kentucky fried chicken himself would ride.......actually have you got any fries & gravy & beans to go with those chicken strips :lol

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 March 2015, 04:36:31 pm »

Yeah I know the paint scheme is an acquired taste but thought black forks might sort of pull the whole paint scheme together. Might paint the forks but a swap for a 600 frame sounds pretty good. How much my way on top?

Cheeky foccer....im shafting myself here just to do the deal....i mean desired taste is one description.......looks like something the kentucky fried chicken himself would ride.......actually have you got any fries & gravy & beans to go with those chicken strips :lol

Ok maybe acquired taste was stretching it a bit - I admit it looks shit in Yellow but heh  :o    Might aswell have some gravy on the front....I certainly won't be able to scrub it off when cornering.

So this frame of yours, is it straight or does it need work? I reckon £350 plus the frame is fair for a swap.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 March 2015, 04:37:10 pm »

Ive alreay looked into a good mod borrowed from another forum im on....plus ive seen these matching leathers on ebay.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 March 2015, 04:45:36 pm »
Where did you see those leathers? If I can get a set of those I'd be cooler than penguin piss on my yellow bike? Feckin awesome - love 'em. Reckon I'd be able to get my claws down and reduce the chicken strip a bit.

Also found these which would look dead cool, what you think

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 March 2015, 04:53:38 pm »
Where did you see those leathers? If I can get a set of those I'd be cooler than penguin piss on my yellow bike? Feckin awesome - love 'em. Reckon I'd be able to get my claws down and reduce the chicken strip a bit.

Awww woawwww!!!.........yes.....they are tastier than bacon, forget chicken........high viz is all the rage these days & especially since pretty much every other bike will approaching fast on me with this bike then the sooner they see me as the obstacle that i am then the sooner they can swerve like Christo to get round me.

One more thing before i strike the deal......is it true that the bike stinks of sheep shit....im quite particular about my sheep fragrances, basically ill know if you're lying....i have been known to sniff the odd saddle on the Welsh back roads, i can see that bike has t been very well cleaned so fingers crossed theres still the odd crust or 2 clinging on.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 31 March 2015, 05:07:41 pm »

Awww woawwww!!!.........yes.....they are tastier than bacon, forget chicken........high viz is all the rage these days & especially since pretty much every other bike will approaching fast on me with this bike then the sooner they see me as the obstacle that i am then the sooner they can swerve like Christo to get round me.

One more thing before i strike the deal......is it true that the bike stinks of sheep shit....im quite particular about my sheep fragrances, basically ill know if you're lying....i have been known to sniff the odd saddle on the Welsh back roads, i can see that bike has t been very well cleaned so fingers crossed theres still the odd crust or 2 clinging on.

Right then, I must chuck a set of those tyres on for you to sweeten the deal - never thought that Christo (and most other bikes under 400cc) might be coming up behind me, just not sure he can avoid things.

Errrr yep, I've cleaned it the best I can but it does still smell a little bit like an old goat. Oh, and don't look down the exhaust - I couldn't clean it all out.......you know  :o

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 March 2015, 05:15:51 pm »
Well it has had 1 old goat previous owner.

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 March 2015, 05:32:29 pm »
No thanks frosties.   I will be looking for something much tidier than that. Looks like a tatty barn find. I'm sure whoever buys it will be chuffed after spending a few grand on it though.

GLWS
« Last Edit: 31 March 2015, 05:34:29 pm by Lez72 »

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31 March 2015, 08:09:09 pm »
No thanks frosties.   I will be looking for something much tidier than that. Looks like a tatty barn find. I'm sure whoever buys it will be chuffed after spending a few grand on it though.

GLWS
It don't look that bad from a distance Lez - just don't park it near other bikes. Barn find......you noticed the hay then, thought I'd got it all  :'( If I can get rid of the smell then Noggy may be up for a swap to use it round town - don't go fast enough for the open road. Might need more than a few grand tho to be honest  :crazy

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31 March 2015, 08:25:41 pm »

GLWS
It don't look that bad from a distance Lez - just don't park it near other bikes. Barn find......you noticed the hay then, thought I'd got it all  :'( If I can get rid of the smell then Noggy may be up for a swap to use it round town - don't go fast enough for the open road. Might need more than a few grand tho to be honest  :crazy

Tbh i gotta come clean with you......i really intend on leasing it out to the film set of the new Mad Max movies......i tried using my frame with a couple wheelbarrow wheels bolted on but they said it looked too clean for the movie & it was too fast for Tom Hardy...i showed them your pic & they reckon it's perfect & they'll add some special effects afterwards to make it look like it's fast. :evil

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted - Gen 1 FZS1000 or VFR800 pre VTEC
« Reply #20 on: 01 April 2015, 01:02:31 pm »
Title adjusted showing I would also consider a nice pre VTEC VFR 800. The closer to Leicestershire for viewing the better.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 April 2015, 03:29:47 pm »
Frosties.......i have this lovely Spam Sandwich.....would you accept it as a swap for your spam bike mate????

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 April 2015, 04:54:27 pm »
A swap for this

Done deal Noggy - best offer I can get  :lol

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 April 2015, 04:59:21 pm »
A swap for this

Done deal Noggy - best offer I can get  :lol

Nice one 8) .....ill put some Branston pickle in it for ya.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06 May 2015, 07:55:49 pm »

Hey Frosties....just checking if the bike is still for sale.....done any mods recently????......im looking for something that blends into the countryside so nothing OTT (over the top) or OTH (over the handlebars).....just subtle...maybe an Antler or something simillar???