Date: 29-03-24  Time: 08:32 am

Author Topic: Drink and drugs - warning very powerful  (Read 2581 times)

thecert

• About as funny as a
    wasp in your helmet.
  • GP Hero
  • Now on a new ride but still love the thou'
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph T120
    • View Profile
Drink and drugs - warning very powerful
« on: 26 November 2011, 01:32:22 pm »
For anyone thinking of having just the one and riding/driving this Christmas here is a sobering bit of video footage that makes you think, be warned it's very powerful and not suitable for the sensitive  sqeamish or your young children to watch.  :eek

TAC Campaign - 20 year Anniversary retrospective montage "Everybody Hurts" music by REM TV ad

When the going get's tough the tough get going.

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
Re: Drink and drugs - warning very powerful
« Reply #1 on: 26 November 2011, 02:05:33 pm »
Bloody hell that was tough to watch. Pretty sure plenty still drink and take to the wheel - if my commute home through south London is anything to go by. Hateful behaviour really.
S
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

b1ondini

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2011, 02:14:27 pm »
Wow!!  Pretty tough!  Very thought provoking.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 November 2011, 05:18:11 pm »
 :eek ooooh

That brought a lump to the throat..............
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 November 2011, 07:01:55 pm »
yes yes, very touching etc. problem is its ppl that DONT think that drink drive. this is only going to have an effect on those that wouldnt do it anyway.
sadly the only way to realy make an impact is if your caught you lose liscence for ever. if then caught driving affter your banned then locked up for 10 years for each offence.
kill some one and you dont see daylight again.
time to get harsh, but we cant afford to do that so untill then we make these nice little films that have allmost no effect as we see this type of violance day in and day out on the tv.

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #5 on: 26 November 2011, 08:12:22 pm »
Lets face it we all know that after a few beers the best hard hitting film is long gone from your mind, if you are anti drink-driving you won't do it, otherwise you'll just do it without thinking about it.
How many of us have never done anything stupid while pissed that we wouldn't even consider sober?
For me it's a long list...
Save the planet...It's the only one with beer!

thecert

• About as funny as a
    wasp in your helmet.
  • GP Hero
  • Now on a new ride but still love the thou'
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph T120
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2011, 11:07:17 am »
Surely it's all about being a responsible adult and not looking for excuses for our actions, if you want to get pissed then throw away the keys first.
Personally I found the footage very hard hitting and with a lasting impact, if you can ignor images like these and still take chances then sorry but there must be something wrong somewhere. Are people really so uncaring that they would totally disregard a vidio so powerful as this one without thinking firstly of the possible conseqenses, the awnser is unfortunatly yes that is more than apperant judging by some of your responses but then it's the old story it will never happen to me - will it?
When the going get's tough the tough get going.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 November 2011, 12:19:34 pm »
For anyone thinking of having just the one and riding/driving this Christmas here is a sobering bit of video footage that makes you think

I often have one and drive or ride.  But it's just one.

Here's a thought, driving while ill or simply over tired is just as dangerous as driving after half a dozen pints. 

As for the video, well if I thought about it too much, I wouldn't ride my bike again.    I'm not gonna get pissed an ride my bike or drive my car.  But lots of other people are.  Plus I know at times I'm riding or driving when I'm under the weather or extremely tired.  At least I usually recognise it.

But no it doesn't do any harm to screen a wee shock video now and again, though that one does go on  a bit.......

Time to touch wood.

Phil TK

• GP Hero
  • up yer..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 November 2011, 03:36:54 pm »
if you can ignor images like these and still take chances then sorry but there must be something wrong somewhere. Are people really so uncaring that they would totally disregard a vidio so powerful as this one without thinking

Sadly yes, a lot of people are uncaring by nature and unfortunately a lot of people who drink and drive are that sort of person. The sort of buffoon who drinks and/or uses the phone whilst driving or balancing a bag of fish and chips on their steering wheel never think about the consequences and they won't think about this video because they think these sorts of things only happen to other people.
 I don't think the video is very powerful at all. Because of all the violence on tv and ghastly scenes on video games etc the general public are becoming de-sensitised to shock images. The video is just a concentrated storyboard of an episode of Casualty/CSI/Holby City etc. It's also a bit too 'schmuck' and I should think a lot of people turn it off after minute or so anyway.

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 November 2011, 08:36:54 am »
Its why I hate riding in or around any sort of car traffic. My motto is keep ahead  or keep well behind.Bikers R just too vulnerable. I would hate to have to commute!.. surrounded by the morons in cages....
As  a regular van driver, I see so many drivers texting or on the fone all the time. ( the advantage of height) ...Basically  so many car drivers only give a damn about themselves and dont think of others at all. I think as people get older u get more social responsibility , but I bet most car driver sunder 40 dont even realise just what they R doing is bad, they R so far up their own Rse...
As for just having the 1 drink.. well soon it will be ...just 2.....the rest is history. There should be no allowance , as this entices people to gamble that they " know what they R doing"....yet alcohol is a natural judgement loser .....its on a par with boy racers telling themselves they " R in control"....