Date: 19-04-24  Time: 20:58 pm

Author Topic: 2001 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer For Sale  (Read 3315 times)

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
2001 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer For Sale
« on: 30 August 2013, 05:37:24 pm »
Unfortunately the time has come and I have made the decision that my knee cramp isn't improving, nor are the dreadful roads in the vicinity of my house. So, with a heavy heart it's time to sell my Fazer. I don't need to give the "amazing bike" spiel as we all know they're great. It's on auto trader but won't come online for a few hours, I'll put a link up when it does. For now, here are the facts.

2001 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer "Box Eye" Model. £1449.
  • 9 Months MOT
  • 4 Months Tax
  • Full Service History
  • 24,500 Miles
  • Very good standard condition (see pics)
  • Improved Foxeye / fazer thou mirrors
  • Recent Gold DID X ring chain and sprockets in fantastic condition
  • Recent Metzeler Z8 Interact tyres also in great condition
  • New front brake switch OEM
  • Front fork rebuild including new stanchion, new OEM seals, bushes and damper rod seat. New 15w oil, handles brilliantly.
  • Recent full service including new Iridium plugs, NGK plug caps, Castrol power semi-synth 10-40 oil, STP fuel cleaner, OEM fuel filter, Oil drain bolt and Oil filter.
  • K & N air filter
  • Carbs balanced last month and TPS adjusted, bike runs very sweet, pulls hard throughout the rev range and burns no oil.
  • Brand new front fairing that I've only just fitted yesterday and never ridden with. Damaged fairings included too.
The downpipes are the originals and have been off, welded, painted with several coats of high temp paint and put back on with stainless nuts but unfortunately my ACF 50 treatment didn't last and new holes have appeared. They've been temporarily filled with Gun Gum but will need re welding or a stainless system fitting. I didn't want stainless pipes myself, but that's up to you. Front brake pads are almost at wear limit too.

I have looked after this bike religiously and it has been fantastic. I am honestly gutted to sell it but don't get out on proper rides on it enough and when I do my knee plays up. A supermoto will be more suited to my current needs. I wanted my dad to have the bike but he is too smitten with his SV unfortunately. I want this to go to a good home and preferably a fellow foccer who will look after it as I have.

If anybody is interested please email me @ kierm@talktalk.net or phone 01803 690876. Thank you.

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
Re: 2001 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2013, 05:44:09 pm »
More pics

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2013, 07:48:37 pm »
Nice lookin' yoke

Have you previously injured your knee or is it muscular?

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2013, 09:29:15 pm »
Sad to see you having to do this, hope you can find something that keeps you on 2 wheels and in the fun zone. Good luck.

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2013, 02:46:52 pm »
Where are you and the bike in the country?
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

Kentish

• Club Racer
  • I am the man
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - fazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 September 2013, 11:21:18 am »
Going by the phone number I would suggest Devon?

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 September 2013, 08:21:50 pm »
Hi guys sorry for the slow replies I've had a nightmare this weekend and managed to knock out most of my front teeth  :( . Anyway, cheers Fizzy and Kebab, I have tried hard to keep it as clean as possible with ACF 50 and all that which helped with winter riding, no rust on it anywhere. As for my knee, I'm not actually sure as I've never had medical treatment for it but I've hurt it before in football and then hurt it quite badly when filtering once. Some guy walked out between 2 vans unsighted and wasn't looking or expecting me to be coming on my old GS 500. I managed to mostly stop before hitting him but almost dropped the bike, I managed not to drop it but put a lot of strain on my knee keeping it up. I should get it checked out, but I am quite tall and the tank indentations and foot peg placement on the Fazer don't agree with me unfortunately. I'm looking forward to getting a supermoto though and have had a great time with this bike so I can't complain. Kentish is right Harry, I am in Torquay which is in Devon.

Here's the auto trader ad as well incase anyone was interested.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201308308545732/sort/recpriceascdefault/usedbikes/model/fzs/make/yamaha/postcode/tq26eb/radius/100/quicksearch/true/page/1?logcode=p

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 September 2013, 06:39:59 pm »
After being messed around a few times by people who are "interested in viewing" then don't actually bother turning up, or offer me some ridiculous offer like a half eaten tangerine and some Yu Gi Oh cards,  I'll do a special price drop on here to £1299. I'll follow suit on the auto trader ad midweek possibly, but for now this is the only place where I'm advertising at this new low price. So grab a bargain and please let your friends know! Thanks  :)

Things I forgot to mention in the first ad and common questions I am being asked:

• The bike has a Datatag
  • The coolant has been changed this year and the radiator was properly flushed (Cheers Darrsi)
  • The bike has had 4 previous owners including me
  • It hasn't been crashed, it was knocked over whilst parked and I got new fairings paid for by the guy who did its insurance.
  • The fork repair was nothing to do with it being knocked over.

Oh yeah I forgot to say here is a picture of the lightly damaged fairings and mirror that will also be included in the sale. You can also have my Haynes Manual and if I can find them the 4 original spark plug caps that I replaced.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2013, 06:47:54 pm by Yamazer-92 »

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 September 2013, 11:02:40 am »
Its a shame you are so far away, I would be very interested, but Kent to Torquay is a long way to go for a bike!
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!