Date: 18-04-24  Time: 07:28 am

Author Topic: Chinese long levers for 99 fzs600  (Read 11818 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese long levers for 99 fzs600
« Reply #50 on: 18 September 2013, 10:46:54 am »

:rollin

Is this the latest hair style then?! Can't wait to see it - hmmm, will it go with a PVC suit d'ya think?  :lol
By the way, all that fuss about a LoFo ride to Brighton, and who was absent?  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 18 September 2013, 10:48:51 am »
Quote from: Lawrence
Chinese stuff tends to be cheaper also because they don't mind so much about copyright laws and as such R&D is much cheaper - buy one, take it down a machine shop and get them to copy it :D  Also with Japanese/Western stuff you pay for the name a lot of the time which can bump up the price a lot.

I plan on getting some of these levers when I pull my finger out, the long brake lever is a pain in the arse while filtering.
nothing to do with the labour rate then?? :rolleyes :D

BRIC - Brazil, Russia, India, China - the tables are turning, get used to it!

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 18 September 2013, 10:54:01 am »
U mean Steeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeewaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!66666666666666666666666666666......ur right... Where was E? Maybe he knows the gimp
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18 September 2013, 11:01:17 am »
U mean Steeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeewaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!66666666666666666666666666666......ur right... Where was E? Maybe he knows the gimp

Er, maybe he was the gimp? Did he have "KTM" on the back of that outfit you saw?
"Here's one Virgil, y'all bring the rope?"
Steeeeeeve..?

70s kid

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 19 September 2013, 01:40:04 am »
Hi all. Feel my post got hijacked a bit there lol. But hey nvr mind "I like causing controversy "NOT". Wish I had read the replies earlier , Got my chinky levers within five days "Think that's bloody good service considering their from the other side of the planet" Anyhoo  got them fitted and can honestly say" I Love em." Will sort out a pic once it stops pissing down. ;)  70s kid (Paul)

Lumpy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Blackbird XX-W, XS1100E
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 19 September 2013, 07:58:30 am »
Hi all. Feel my post got hijacked a bit there lol. But hey nvr mind "I like causing controversy "NOT". Wish I had read the replies earlier , Got my chinky levers within five days "Think that's bloody good service considering their from the other side of the planet" Anyhoo  got them fitted and can honestly say" I Love em." Will sort out a pic once it stops pissing down. ;)  70s kid (Paul)
good for you. Some of the ne'er do wells seem to think a cast lever from Yamaha is stronger than a billet lever from T8082  :D  if that's really what they are made from. Once you have used a decent cranked lever, you will hate standard levers.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 19 September 2013, 08:35:01 am »

Nice one mate, look forward to seeing them.

I got a demand from tnt saying im due them £20 import tax but im ignoring it as they were marked $20 USD,

They can whistle for their 20. Quid! ;)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 19 September 2013, 08:50:35 am »
good for you. Some of the ne'er do wells seem to think a cast lever from Yamaha is stronger than a billet lever from T8082  :D  if that's really what they are made from. Once you have used a decent cranked lever, you will hate standard levers.

Just what I was going to ask.   I have standard levers, what benefits and disadvantages will I notice between short and long levers? I'd never given it any thought until this thread.
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Buzz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 19 September 2013, 09:29:21 am »
I've had CNC short levers on the bike for about 2 weeks, I'm only a weekend rider so have only done about 200 miles so far but as 2 fingers are always on the bars I feel more locked to the bike, especially when hard braking.  I know you can use 2 fingers on the long levers but it never quite feels right.  I'm guessing that there's also maybe less tendency to lock up the front as you're only grabbing the brake with 2 fingers rather than 4.  For heavy clutchwork when filtering through traffic I also seem to be more in control as more of me is on the bars.

Some like 'em, some don't...seems to be a personal choice I guess but they deffo suit me, best £23 I spent yet.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...