Date: 25-04-24  Time: 16:15 pm

Author Topic: Chinese long levers for 99 fzs600  (Read 11872 times)

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese long levers for 99 fzs600
« Reply #25 on: 16 September 2013, 02:08:45 pm »
Having lived in Japan for several years and having taken Japanese Studies at university, Japan is one of the few things I know about pretty well. I also know a thing or two about the Japanese motorcycle and motorcycle accessories industry.

Are you seriously suggesting that buying Japanese or Chinese made products is unethical on the basis that you would be supporting communism and that during manufacture, child labour and environmentally detrimental means were employed?

Everybody is entitled to an opinion but it helps if some or any part of it is based on a fact. If you don't know what you're talking about, especially on a public forum and when it concerns culture and race, perhaps it is best if you keep those opinions to yourself.

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 September 2013, 02:12:18 pm »
Having lived in Japan for several years and having taken Japanese Studies at university, Japan is one of the few things I know about pretty well. I also know a thing or two about the Japanese motorcycle and motorcycle accessories industry.

Are you seriously suggesting that buying Japanese or Chinese made products is unethical on the basis that you would be supporting communism and that during manufacture, child labour and environmentally detrimental means were employed?

Everybody is entitled to an opinion but it helps if some or any part of it is based on a fact. If you don't know what you're talking about, especially on a public forum and when it concerns culture and race, perhaps it is best if you keep those opinions to yourself.
......BANZI... 8)

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 September 2013, 02:16:27 pm »
I did retract the reference to Japan being communist and/or child labour through edit way before you posted but I apologise for my misconceptions. Regarding those two facts.

In my opinion what I said about China still stands and if it isn't based on fact then it's still my opinion. I've spent a great deal of time on forums reading comments from people that don't know what they're talking about and if that applies to me in this occasion then C'est la vie.   If you're going to contradict it also helps to provide some useful links to reinforce your specific points as I'll be happy to read them and change my point of view.
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16 September 2013, 02:18:59 pm »
not sure what i believe the most.........japanese parts better than chinese...or...simon has a friend !!!
One, is never going to be enough.....

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16 September 2013, 02:23:22 pm »
not sure what i believe the most.........japanese parts better than chinese...or...simon has a friend !!!
Ignorance is bliss huh.  :rollin
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 16 September 2013, 02:41:34 pm »
I did retract the reference to Japan being communist and/or child labour through edit way before you posted but I apologise for my misconceptions. Regarding those two facts.

In my opinion what I said about China still stands and if it isn't based on fact then it's still my opinion. I've spent a great deal of time on forums reading comments from people that don't know what they're talking about and if that applies to me in this occasion then C'est la vie.   If you're going to contradict it also helps to provide some useful links to reinforce your specific points as I'll be happy to read them and change my point of view.

I'll avoid getting into a discussion about China or Japan, but if you have an interest, I think reading the Wiki pages for both of those countries could be a good start.

In regards to aftermarket Japanese made m/c parts and accessories, I would be inclined to disagree with you and say that like many things made in Japan, due to the high cost of labour and perceived high quality (by some at least!), they are more likely to sit towards the middle and higher end of the market and that the price usually reflects this by being high. Examples of such products that fit this description are made by brands like Yoshimura, Kushitani, Arai and Shoei.

Having said all of that, ultimately, the quality of a product can not be determined simply by the country it was made in.

*Edit: Forgot to add that I have a pair of these levers, very happy :thumbup
« Last Edit: 16 September 2013, 03:19:21 pm by Fuzzy »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16 September 2013, 03:03:54 pm »
Just tested out my chinese levers for the first time today & i can confirm that they are the cats tits! 8)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 September 2013, 03:49:05 pm »

Having said all of that, ultimately, the quality of a product can not be determined simply by the country it was made in.

I would say that the trade descriptions act, ISO standards, trading standards and legal recourse in the UK (perhaps even europe) would make the selling of an item which was unfit for purpose highly unlikely, at least for long.

I do agree however that YMMV for anything that you buy from any country.

Again, just personal opinion.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 September 2013, 08:09:45 pm »
Wow... so simonm has gone one step further...

Starts off by annoying some foccers and is now stepping up to an international audience... better not say anything bad about cagers or they'll be out to run you over more so than usual!  :eek

As an aside, Japan make some of the best crafted and engineered parts in world (in my opinion) and have nothing to do with communism (that's just being racist...) Their engineering is almost as good as that of the Germans. As for standards; isn't the Nissan GTR built in Japan in hermetically sealed labs?

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 16 September 2013, 08:19:48 pm »
Wow... so simonm has gone one step further...

Starts off by annoying some foccers and is now stepping up to an international audience... better not say anything bad about cagers or they'll be out to run you over more so than usual!  :eek

As an aside, Japan make some of the best crafted and engineered parts in world (in my opinion) and have nothing to do with communism (that's just being racist...) Their engineering is almost as good as that of the Germans. As for standards; isn't the Nissan GTR built in Japan in hermetically sealed labs?

I did retract and apologise about Japan over 6 hours ago...  If you're just reading this thread now I don't see anything in my comments about Japan that don't apply anywhere, but if there is I meant just China.

Further more just because a Nissan gtr is a beautiful,  kick ass stunning beast of a machine it doesn't mean that a set of brake levers from another nameless Japanese manufacturer is top notch.

I'm not sure being communist is racism either as many different races could or could not be communist...

Wait a min.   I'm being drawn in.   Time to escape the thread,  jettison escape pod.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16 September 2013, 08:31:20 pm »
Simon.....STFU :-)
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 16 September 2013, 08:33:19 pm »
Aww you caught on too quick :P

And besides, the same can be said as far as UK manufacturing goes.

In the grand scheme of things, you can't compare China to Japan in this sense

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 16 September 2013, 08:41:10 pm »
Ive already sold 5 sets of my Hayabusa levers whilst yous guys tittle tattle.....straight off my old Grifter, Wolf, Muddy fox, GT & Barbie bikes!!!! :b

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 16 September 2013, 09:33:36 pm »
Your levers r similar to mine but mine extend in/out whereas your r fixed length.  Na Na ....Na..Na Na...
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17 September 2013, 09:53:01 am »
Your levers r similar to mine but mine extend in/out whereas your r fixed length.  Na Na ....Na..Na Na...
[/quote

Aha but you are mistaken sir as mine also have this function, i take it its for if you drop the bike instead of snapping off?

I dont have the bit of plastic behind the finger piece though, no cheap plastic for me :)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 September 2013, 02:34:18 pm »
Ur levers DO NOT EXTEND Mr Nogster. They are flip levers in case of a drop but u dont have the adjustment for the LENGTH OF THE LEVER.
Mine....

Yours....

Therefore mine are fast and far superior whereas yours are just fast ;-)

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17 September 2013, 02:43:17 pm »
Chinese stuff tends to be cheaper also because they don't mind so much about copyright laws and as such R&D is much cheaper - buy one, take it down a machine shop and get them to copy it :D  Also with Japanese/Western stuff you pay for the name a lot of the time which can bump up the price a lot.

I plan on getting some of these levers when I pull my finger out, the long brake lever is a pain in the arse while filtering.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 17 September 2013, 02:56:57 pm »
He he exup...youd be surprised how many speed reducing Blue bits my bike now has...

Ive got a "certificate of Blueness authenticity"

I get to show it in court if cought speeding....

"You're honour i couldnt possibly have been doing 60mph as this certificate proves that Blue will simply not reach such speeds"  :D

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Chinese long levers for 99 fzs600
« Reply #43 on: 17 September 2013, 03:57:33 pm »
Hey Nog... If u post nothing i'll just think your deluded :-))

Seriously tho ... Ows the injuries ? healin ok? U feelin ok in ur ead bout the accident? Ridden since?
« Last Edit: 17 September 2013, 04:01:16 pm by Exupnut »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 17 September 2013, 07:07:06 pm »
Hey Nog... If u post nothing i'll just think your deluded :-))

Seriously tho ... Ows the injuries ? healin ok? U feelin ok in ur ead bout the accident? Ridden since?

I was out yesterday to put the bike in the garage, loved it!... i was nervous,not about riding a bike...about my dodgy mechanics & whether i tightened up the front forks enough :eek

It was even dry for the 30 minutes i was on it,pissed down rest of the day....divine intervention me thinks :D

I have got a tendency to approach cars a bit too quickly, they go so foccin slow!!!...so im addressing that & trying to keep good gaps so if they pull any crazy moves im ready.i locked up last winter because i came round a corner too quick & then cought up with a car too quickly even though at first glance it seemed miles away...i did get off the brake that time & my bike boots took a hit to the deck so that was a sign...like i say thats an area i need to address & recognising it is the first step. 8)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 17 September 2013, 08:10:42 pm »
It's all part of the learning curve Noggy, and it sounds to me like you're taking it all in. I find that when I'm in a good safe riding mode, there are very few people who leave as great a gap as I do between themselves and the vehicle in front, yet I doubt I'm beyond the recommended braking distances. Yes, others will try to take the piss to fill the gap you leave, but then you just drop back from them too.
One thing that gets me to slow down and just generally ride a lot more safely is my little mantra: there'll always be another time - typically applied when there is slow traffic in front on my favourite roads. But, on my planet we're very similar to you humans, not infallible, and there are times when we do silly things. We just try to minimise the risks when we can. There are times and places for spirited riding, and that's one reason I get as much riding time in as I can, create more of those times, in the right (or "more right") places.

Then again, on my planet, we can be very weird...

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 18 September 2013, 10:05:49 am »

I'mm sooooooo tempted..... But i wont....:-) after all e doo mek a great cuppa

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 18 September 2013, 10:32:32 am »

I'mm sooooooo tempted..... But i wont....:-) after all e doo mek a great cuppa

Not sure you should try visiting my planet Exup - very few humans can survive it for long.
Squirrels on the other hand...foc it, give it a go!  :lol

Lumpy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Blackbird XX-W, XS1100E
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 18 September 2013, 10:36:31 am »
Quote from: Lawrence
Chinese stuff tends to be cheaper also because they don't mind so much about copyright laws and as such R&D is much cheaper - buy one, take it down a machine shop and get them to copy it :D  Also with Japanese/Western stuff you pay for the name a lot of the time which can bump up the price a lot.

I plan on getting some of these levers when I pull my finger out, the long brake lever is a pain in the arse while filtering.
nothing to do with the labour rate then?? :rolleyes :D

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Chinese long levers for 99 fzs600
« Reply #49 on: 18 September 2013, 10:42:18 am »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hehe......or supporting communism.... Does he know fuzzy is japanese...( hope he does now) :-)

« Last Edit: 18 September 2013, 10:45:11 am by Exupnut »