Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:22 pm

Author Topic: 250 miles from a tank.  (Read 6653 times)

Pal

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: 250 miles from a tank.
« Reply #25 on: 21 December 2017, 01:18:39 pm »
I wouldn't bother with 2mm, there's already a 3mm hole there. I tried 5mm first, and it still took forever to get the last 2 litres in. Opened it up to 8mm, and it was better.
I can't see any hole in the filler neck of my 2002 foxeye. Does it have one and if so is it a the front or the sides, or does the '02 have a different arrangement.
I'm sick of standing there trying to top off the tank. With a brimmed tank I only need to fill up once on my 250 mile weekly commute.
BTW I regularly manage to get 23 litres in what is meant to be a 22 litre tank.  :eek

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 December 2017, 11:18:37 pm »
I wouldn't over worry about the filings, there is a magnetic bung on the bottom of my 99. U can see it when u look straight into the tank.... ( see it slightly better when it's empty  :lol ) I hadn't a clue what it was until I seem crap stuck to it and when I put an extendable magnetic  screwdriver in it got sucked to it lol.

I'm sure even a very small air gap is fine, just make sure your vent pipe isn't caught or kinked under the tank, which has happened and the tank gets sucked in.... :eek

Not sure how your magnetic bung is gonna help my bike?  :lol

its all by osmosis  :rolleyes

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 December 2017, 12:26:28 am »
I can't remember but I have more fuel going down hill than uphill or vice versa?!?
The orange light comes on a week and a half after re- fuelling and it stays on for the rest of the week until put in some juice.
if I put in octane 97 I pay more money but less fuel than 95, but I seem to average the same mpg?!? As Steve Hillage said, "It's all too much"
for my brain :pc
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.