Date: 27-04-24  Time: 15:09 pm

Author Topic: FOR SALE  (Read 2570 times)

Fazer TIM

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
FOR SALE
« on: 09 August 2013, 04:52:44 pm »
I have a brand new never fitted FCE for sale im open to sensible offers these cost £169 new

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
Re: FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2013, 06:59:45 pm »
I have a brand new never fitted FCE for sale im open to sensible offers these cost £169 new

What, one of these?  :lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Certificate_in_English
The Deef's apprentice

acid drop

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Yamaha MT-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2013, 07:04:28 pm »
Ok we are not as clever as you WTF is an FCE/??????

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2013, 07:58:12 pm »
I think it's a fuel cut off eliminator (one of Ivan's Performance parts) - am I right, Tim?
The Deef's apprentice

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2013, 09:05:26 pm »
Ok we are not as clever as you WTF is an FCE/??????
from the ivans webpage " This bike has lazy         throttle response, and also the typical abrupt on/off throttle transition         problem that all of todays EFI bikes have.

This is due to "fuel cut".....

"Fuel cut" happens when you close the throttle anytime above         4500 rpm (on this bike), the fuel injectors will stop.....

Upon re-application of the throttle, there is a delay before the system         will start back up and re-wet the intake tract and combustion chamber.....         the rider feels this as a delay and jerky response from closed throttle....         especially while leaned over in a turn.

In addition to the response problem, there is also one loud bang from         out the exhaust that is usually heard when re-applying the throttle, after         you change the exhaust.

Under these conditions, throttle response is much less than precise.
       I have designed the         FCEtm (fuel cut eliminator - $195.00) for this bike,         and as a result there is a marked difference as to how much better this         bike responds under any riding condition.... and as the first dyno chart         shows, more midrange power between 6000 & 9000 rpm.The product will         add as much as 10hp due to the sub-throttles opening at a faster rate         as well as preventing the EFI system from shutting off under decel conditions.."

Kentish

• Club Racer
  • I am the man
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - fazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 August 2013, 09:28:36 pm »
What year does it fit? I'll offer £60

Fazer TIM

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2013, 08:46:08 am »
I think it's a fuel cut off eliminator (one of Ivan's Performance parts) - am I right, Tim?
yes it is

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 August 2013, 11:10:56 am »
when i was working on "bike" magazine, i spent a lot of time with road test ed simon hargreaves, and he became a good mate. of all the bikes he test rode or had as a staff long termer, when i asked him which one he would choose over all others, it was a fz1 with FCE. thats why i want the part before i even have the bike, he rated it that much, and i value his opinion. and though i already have two brilliant bikes, i have found the fazer thou (either gen one or two) to be the perfect bike, for me at least. my gen ones gone now, cant wait to get a gen 2, and whilst the 2013 test bike i rode was faultless(but out of my price range), i know from experience and talking to others the earlier incarnations, at least up to '09 or '10  dont fuel as well(although not as bad as the on/off throttle of the first ones in '06) ..theres definately summat been done differently on the new 'uns, whether yamaha will admit it or not..just a shame i cant afford one, but even if i had the money i couldnt blow it all on the one bike, id want two bloody good bikes for ten grand not one.. :)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 August 2013, 07:09:53 am »
talked to my local tuner mark brewin at bsd engineering yesterday (hes a genius, re-mapped my busa ecu to make 196 bhp at the rear wheel) he confirmed that an FCE would help any fz1, but its much more effective on the 06-07 bikes, after that yamaha made the cranks heavier along with fuelling and other mods to stop the on off throttle glitch.. :)

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 August 2013, 04:43:48 pm »
when i was working on "bike" magazine, i spent a lot of time with road test ed simon hargreaves, and he became a good mate. of all the bikes he test rode or had as a staff long termer, when i asked him which one he would choose over all others, it was a fz1 with FCE. thats why i want the part before i even have the bike, he rated it that much, and i value his opinion. and though i already have two brilliant bikes, i have found the fazer thou (either gen one or two) to be the perfect bike, for me at least. my gen ones gone now, cant wait to get a gen 2, and whilst the 2013 test bike i rode was faultless(but out of my price range), i know from experience and talking to others the earlier incarnations, at least up to '09 or '10  dont fuel as well(although not as bad as the on/off throttle of the first ones in '06) ..theres definately summat been done differently on the new 'uns, whether yamaha will admit it or not..just a shame i cant afford one, but even if i had the money i couldnt blow it all on the one bike, id want two bloody good bikes for ten grand not one.. :)

I remember reading something similar from Simon and have read his write ups when testing with Falcon269.
It makes me wonder when he's bought an old Nail as his own bike why he did't get an old FZS 1000 and Ivanise it and also do all the other mods we're mostly doing. I'd like to hear his perspective on a well sorted FZS and a Gen2. Is it just that a Gen2 looks more focused?
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2013, 05:14:33 pm »
nope mate. hes biased to more modern feeling bikes, and he hates soft suspension. granted a sorted gen 1 would solve those issues, but most of the magazine blokes only ride stockers or modded new bikes. the fz1 gen2 was his long termer at the time, and he loved it. we rode a gen one a coupla years back in a group test against the new multistrada, and getting some good stunt photos for chippy, he nearly high speed wheelied it into a clio coming the other way..he reckons thats the closest hes ever come to actually killing himself, whether that affects his feelings for a gen one either negatively(nearly killed himself)or positively(it saved his life) i honestly dunno, but im overdue a catch up with him, i'll find out.