Date: 23-04-24  Time: 17:06 pm

Author Topic: Won myself a Corbin seat on eBay  (Read 1860 times)

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Won myself a Corbin seat on eBay
« on: 03 August 2013, 02:22:53 pm »
I have won a Corbin seat for my fazer, but I believe it is the sergernt version so it only has the comfort part for the rider

Pat

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Won myself a Corbin seat on eBay
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2013, 03:03:56 pm »
Given your forum name, I can't see that being much of a problem....   :)

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2013, 03:08:17 pm »
You'll have to tell your pillion to man up! :D
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2013, 07:10:30 pm »
Given your forum name, I can't see that being much of a problem....   :)
It wasn't when I first joined lol, since then I met someone and married so my user name should be dualrider as my wife loves going on the back of me, in fact it is hard for me to actually rude solo now.

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2013, 08:10:03 pm »
I have won a Corbin seat for my fazer, but I believe it is the sergernt version so it only has the comfort part for the rider
Corbin and Sargent are 2 different manufacturers, be interesting to know what it is you have bought yourself and what you think of it as I was looking into replacement seats last year but never got round to investing in one.

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2013, 01:25:18 am »
Corbin and Sargent are 2 different manufacturers, be interesting to know what it is you have bought yourself and what you think of it as I was looking into replacement seats last year but never got round to investing in one.
what I have won is a corbin gunfighter saddle, as soon as I know how good it is I will let you know, to be honest you don't see too many corbin saddles for sale on uk ebay, a new one from America is 350usd

pdimblad

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2013, 07:15:10 am »
I've ridden mine with a Corbin Gunfighter for years. I've done everything from local runs, to a 187 mile daily commute right through to touring with it, t's been to France twice (Alps and Vosges Mountains), Assen via much of Holland and the Norwegian Fjords via Denmark and Sweden. Great seats, really long-lasting.
A nice touch for your pillion you is a Corbin back-rest. They come up on flea-bay from time to time. As far as I know, they all fit, regardless of shape or design. At the back of the saddle, you'll see a Corbin logo'd flap. Peel this away and slot the back rest in. Secured by a machine screw on the underside (Can't remember the size but it's NOT metric!) Enjoy your new seat
 :)

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2013, 06:01:31 pm »
It's the same seat as I've got, I like mine but know of a few people that think they are to firm, more of a saddle than a seat.
Watch out for the front edges of the seat ripping slightly, they all seem to do it possibly due to people standing them on the edges when they take the seat off the bike.