Date: 30-04-24  Time: 11:57 am

Author Topic: Photo Problem  (Read 2517 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Photo Problem
« on: 21 July 2013, 05:56:41 pm »
I can't seem to put up a post with photos all of a sudden. I put in text, then attachments and click Post. A bit of a wait, then I get a blank white screen. When I click Back, post has gone. Thought it was to do with info size of photos, but have managed before from same source. Have tried with less photos per post, still no joy. Tried test in Lab with one photo, worked OK. What's happening?

In addition to the above, some photos it will accept if posted singly, some it won't. Couldn't be to do with the amount of zoom used on the camera could it? (as I know there's a limit on info size in Additional Attachments). Hasn't affected it before tho.
« Last Edit: 21 July 2013, 07:01:51 pm by nick crisp »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Problem
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2013, 07:14:04 pm »
i`ve not  been able to post pics for a while now,similar problem,works on my sons laptop though .
One, is never going to be enough.....

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2013, 07:17:47 pm »
I've also had it lose a post, so tried again, then it came back and told me, Error, you've already placed this post, or something like that. So go to refresh on forum, guess what, no post! WTF?

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2013, 07:59:45 pm »
I assume you are hosting the images on here and not on an image hosting site like photobucket etc?

you should try that. its a little more faff, but it lets me upload multiple files, and it takes some of the load of the server on here :)

Have you tried clearing your internet cache and reuploading the images again? I assume the images have overloaded the cache on your computer, which might explain how it doesnt work on one PC, but does the other (not in your case though Nick, Im referring to red98 there of course)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2013, 08:27:51 pm »
There was a thread a little while back that said doing it on site didn't give the server any probs Mick. So I've carried on doing that. I'll have to figure out this other method then, I guess. It's only started giving me problems today tho.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2013, 08:48:49 pm »
thanks for that mick.iam a numpty on the keyboard and havn`t a clue what that all means,i`ll ask my 13 year old son to translate....cheers matey  :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 July 2013, 10:42:29 pm »
Basically, rather than put the photos on here. You can sign up to a photo hosting site (photo bucket, Flickr, image shack - all of which are free), you uoad your pictures to there, and then they give you a link which you copy from that site to here, which shows up as a picture instead of a link (it will look like a normal web link with one of these before & after it: [/IMG])

It sounds complicated, but it really isn't once you get the hang of it... Honest!
« Last Edit: 23 July 2013, 10:43:20 pm by mickvp »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 July 2013, 11:26:15 pm »
Mmmm, I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks Mick.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 July 2013, 11:49:06 pm »
I wrote a step-by-step guide up for it a while back. Ill see if I can dig it out for you guys when I'm out of work tomorrow (work firewall doesn't like photobucket :lol). That will take the guess work right out it, but it is straightforwards anyway :)

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 July 2013, 05:31:55 pm »
Right,

I made a (what turned into a rather lengthy) step by step guide for you old foccers :lol. this includes how to physically sign up to PB. once you get the hang of it you can be uploading in one window and just flciking back and forward between here and PB to copy and paste your codes :) :

so, go onto photobucket.com:

:):)
« Last Edit: 25 July 2013, 05:33:18 pm by mickvp »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 July 2013, 06:02:13 pm »
Nice one Mick. Good, clear guide you've done there! Too tired tonight, but will get it set up on the weekend. Thanks.  :thumbup