Date: 28-03-24  Time: 12:01 pm

Author Topic: 20 year's, bang! Very lucky  (Read 5878 times)

gel

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: 20 year's, bang! Very lucky
« Reply #25 on: 10 June 2013, 01:23:56 pm »
HI All,

Thank you for all your feedback, I have just had a call from the police and they are prosecuting the driver with "Undue". The copper said due to government ruling he will offering a training coarse that he has to pay for or Court. Nice Option. So he has to admit liability either way!

I think I was lucky has a witness came forward and confirmed that he did not indicate and I was along side him when he turned across me.

Anger is now starting to ebb away now.

thanks again.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 June 2013, 08:54:24 pm »
Result! Pleased for you, gel.  :thumbup

gel

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 June 2013, 10:23:02 pm »
Spoke to the copper about the accident and said to him "that I normally filter down that road in 1st gear so that people can hear me as i have a race can on, but this time i didn't" He did bat an eye lid. I must be lucky I bounce well and copper did not do me for the race can.  :rollin

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 June 2013, 11:15:45 pm »
Good to hear you're ok and that things seem to be working out in your favour, definitely get out on a bike as soon as possible, it will keep you sane!
On a slightly different line, you say were wearing a hi viz waistcoat or jacket? Doesn't really say much about the possible future ruling of having to wear hi viz clothing on a bike and how it will (in their eyes) cut down on motorcycle accidents, does it??

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 June 2013, 01:54:51 pm »
You say were wearing a hi viz waistcoat or jacket? Doesn't really say much about the possible future ruling of having to wear hi viz clothing on a bike and how it will
Its already old forgone conclusion that Hi-viz anything just dosent work, because the c***s just dont look or care, but the fucks in Brussels will still try and ram it down our throats. That said the french have fucked it off now, so the chances of it coming over here are slim.

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 16 June 2013, 07:53:44 am »
agreed. If someone simply does not look , then no amount of vis or careful driving means a damn.

personally I try not to filter if I can except where I know a car cannot swerve or move , for this very reason.Usually this means in traffic queues at very low speeds or stationary .

my survival technique is never get near a car !..overtake or hang back. Close proximity  loses all our speed and acceleration advantages.We become prey to their indecision and stupidity...Cars are our mortal enemy ! :\

I do feel for commuters who probably have to filter come what may ....it is always then just going to be a matter of time b4 an incident will occur IMO.