Date: 28-03-24  Time: 21:42 pm

Author Topic: A man shed is born.  (Read 17102 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: A man shed is born.
« Reply #50 on: 05 October 2017, 10:10:27 pm »
I made my own out of 4 garage doors that I had the local garage door replacement company deliver for a few quid more than they would get for scrap. Cut out a door add a pitched roof - done
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 06 October 2017, 12:58:02 am »
I made my own out of 4 garage doors that I had the local garage door replacement company deliver for a few quid more than they would get for scrap. Cut out a door add a pitched roof - done
go on fella, show us a picture!
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 06 October 2017, 08:06:43 pm »
hole,y smoke batman it,s  been killed by four garage doors ,   cut and shut if you ask me ,  fork handles lol.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 06 October 2017, 08:10:32 pm »
Here you are then - flower basket, wire gecko and festoon lighting all completely optional.
Bolt 4 -7 foot doors together add a 12mm ply gable end front and back- run a length of 2x3 across those at the point lay 2 pieces of 8x4 OSB board each side for the roof overhanging at the sides and door end, sides provide for gutter and door end a rain canopy add a door and paint whatever colour - Nato green for me. I dont keep my bike there just normal junk.   
this stuff for the roof on top of the osb http://www.varicoltd.com
You can see the two styles of garage door used. The doors make for a much stronger structure than the thin tin sheds you can buy.
You could use larger double garage doors at the side for a 10foot by 7 foot shed 
« Last Edit: 06 October 2017, 08:16:29 pm by fazersharp »

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 06 October 2017, 08:40:27 pm »
Here you are then - flower basket, wire gecko and festoon lighting all completely optional.
Bolt 4 -7 foot doors together add a 12mm ply gable end front and back- run a length of 2x3 across those at the point lay 2 pieces of 8x4 OSB board each side for the roof overhanging at the sides and door end, sides provide for gutter and door end a rain canopy add a door and paint whatever colour - Nato green for me. I dont keep my bike there just normal junk.   
You can see the two styles of garage door used. The doors make for a much stronger structure than the thin tin sheds you can buy.
You could use larger double garage doors at the side for a 10foot by 7 foot shed 

That's spot on fella! :thumbup
I think this might a route to go down, you've even put an old front door to good use. OSB- is that the stuff that turns to shredded wheat if it gets wet?
« Last Edit: 06 October 2017, 08:48:59 pm by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 06 October 2017, 08:55:01 pm »

That's spot on fella! :thumbup
I think this might a route to go down, you've even put an old front door to good use. OSB- is that the stuff that turns to shredded wheat if it gets wet?

Correct on the door - although its an internal one, yes OSB thats the stuff but its come along way since then, you could use ply but it costs more and its only a support for the corrugated bitumen board, or you could use normal shed roofing felt which is what I had on there to start but it weathered on the egdes and magpies seemed to take umbridge with it and then the wind got under it, so I replaced with the bitumen sheet which are much better.     

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 07 October 2017, 01:17:35 pm »
very nice  ;)
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)