Date: 28-03-24  Time: 14:30 pm

Author Topic: Fazer 1000 for sale  (Read 9479 times)

donkey

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Fazer 1000 for sale
« on: 17 April 2013, 08:09:09 pm »

hi here is my fazer 1000.it is a 54 reg with 24k on clock,
it has had a refurb,total strip down and had the frame,swing arm,and wheels shot blasted and powder coated,
the coolant pipes have been changed to red ones.the rear shock has been stripped and powder coated.
i have had all the chrome bits polished,red short brake and clutch levers R1 front end fitted
i fitted a 600 foxeye nosecone which in my oppinion looks better and all body kit painted in white over red speed block
no expence spared.blue flame can sounds great
the fazer was a cat d but only damage was nose cone and that was it
the bike really is a nice bike and and will do new owner well,
there is a new battery fitted and will come with full mot.any questions let me know
 £3500   thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: 17 April 2013, 08:11:02 pm by donkey »

dock

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - DT 175 MX
    • View Profile
Re: Fazer 1000 for sale
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2013, 10:57:47 pm »
nice.
If that bike was a woman she would come from essex and would have a vajazzel.    ;) 
A closed mouth gathers no foot !

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2013, 11:05:17 pm »
If I had the money... beaut bike, mate! Shame you're selling.  :(
The Deef's apprentice

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2013, 11:30:35 pm »
CAT D £3500 ! That's a lot of wonga ..

Tilts

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Gas Gas EC300
    • View Profile
    • Dirtcadets.com
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2013, 07:40:58 am »
My bike also has a CAT D, fell of its stand and suffered minor damage, insurance companies would rather write something off rather than going through the proccess of getting things repaired, its a shame that some people are that short sighted, I was more interested in the mechanical side of the bike, rather than the fact it had a new tank and fairing fitted, good luck with the sale, she looks awesome.

Never go Full Retard.

Don't bullshit me, and I wont bullshit you.

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2013, 09:44:16 am »
As nice as it looks and as good as it goes a Cat D is a Cat D and people do wonder plus it always shows up on hip checks and with insurances so if it was to be wrot off again you would get far less than the £3500  :'( :'( :'(
its not short sighted its fact sorry I agree beautiful bike and looks the dogs danglies  :b :b but a lot of wonga for a cat D  :\ :\ :\

plus those levers dont look red lol  ;) ;) ;)

however hats off to you very nice job done
"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."

Tilts

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Gas Gas EC300
    • View Profile
    • Dirtcadets.com
« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2013, 10:36:35 am »
It does not show on the Insurance, neither the log book, the only way you can tell is if you do the HIP check...

It is short sighted "FACT" :rolleyes , that some one would not buy a bike because of the past history, lost of people who havnt got fully comp had had their bikes thrown down the road, second hand fairing and past it on without the new person knowing, at least if someone does the correct thing and inform their insurance company, there is a record of what damage was sustained therefor your able to check to see if the work has been carried out correctly...

I agree, there should be a slight decrease invalue, but not much, but there, its all in the eye of the potential buyer, i bought mine with a CAT D, and to be honest i havent seen a nicer cleaner one about..FACT. and would in buy another, of course.

donkey

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2013, 11:27:47 am »
as pointed out about the levers not red they have been changed since pic taken and are now red.as for the cat d every body has there own opinion about it and the only damage was a little piece from fairing,it does not take alot to cat them.i think £3500 is a fair price for what has been done to it but hey thats just me.cheers

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 April 2013, 05:34:48 pm »
Looks stunning and if I had the money i'd give you that for it. Cat D or not.

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 April 2013, 05:48:48 pm »
Vajazzle, I had to look that up!   :eek

BMCfaz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2013, 07:32:11 pm »
If I didn't already have one, you'd have an offer from me, Cat D or not! At getting on for 10 years old, condition is more important to most than what an insurance company will repair.
If any of us dropped our Gen1s now, you'd be close to a write off with fairly minor damage.

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2013, 08:21:53 pm »
Personally with the Cat D thing I think it is the unknown element of doubt people fear. also the fact the resale value will be affected.
Another thing is that paint scheme, not my thing I am afraid and may not be others. Original colours might have been a better choice for selling.

Lastly I purchased my mint 51 plate Gen1 last year for £2950... with 5k on the clock...
Sorry but I would much rather have mine over yours. Again personal choice.

Good luck though
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 April 2013, 09:17:09 pm »
It does not show on the Insurance, neither the log book, the only way you can tell is if you do the HIP check...

It is short sighted "FACT" :rolleyes , that some one would not buy a bike because of the past history, lost of people who havnt got fully comp had had their bikes thrown down the road, second hand fairing and past it on without the new person knowing, at least if someone does the correct thing and inform their insurance company, there is a record of what damage was sustained therefor your able to check to see if the work has been carried out correctly...

I agree, there should be a slight decrease invalue, but not much, but there, its all in the eye of the potential buyer, i bought mine with a CAT D, and to be honest i havent seen a nicer cleaner one about..FACT. and would in buy another, of course.

When Lots of peeps throw there bike down the rd and not inform the insure co its irrelevant because that bike once repaired by owner will have a full retail value because the history is never known as no claim has been made, a cat reg bike has had a pay out in full so therefore its value now is less than half if not less, and you are correct a insure co will not no its history as its your responsibility to inform the insure co and not there's to no and failure to disclose this info well you may as well not bother with insurance .. Because  in the event of a accident they will cancel/void your policy and if you caused the incident or even kill someone than expect to be sued big time, if you disclosed everything and say the bike got wrote off than expect about £1500-£1800 max after all they don't pay out in full twice, dealers can't retail cat bikes on the shop floor as finance co don't touch em, and tbh I'd say you or anyone will struggle to insure that bike correctly by disclosing everything once you tell em its cat d and paint, forks, add ons alarm bells start ringing than they won't touch it.

I've brought various cat d vehicles from van,cars to machines last one a vw cost £30k new it had 5k on 11 plate less than 12 months old and i paid £12k all repaired by vw approved shop its reg as cat d, we also got a John copper special we paid £5k for repaired and i always insist on seeing pics of damage and i disclose everything to insure.

And £3500 would have brought you this
« Last Edit: 18 April 2013, 09:18:42 pm by cable tie »

donkey

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 April 2013, 09:47:35 pm »
there seems to be a lot of neg feed back on my fazer,i know what damage was done which was next to nothing,i decided to strip and rebuild the bike with a lot of money spent,it was done by me and a bsb mechanic who is a fazer owner so every thing done right,if you dont like a cat d dont bother looking and comenting on it,i think its worth that and more and so do other peaple.thanks for all the nice comments.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 April 2013, 11:29:28 pm »
Ye, shame about all the negative feedback for such a great looking/great condition bike. People obviously have strong views about the cat d subject and I'm sure they'd justify their comments by saying they just don't want you to be let down by not getting it sold because they think it's overpriced, but really no need for the negative comments.

It's obviously been well sorted and is a lot more looked after than most fazers so I'm sure you'll find a good home for it mate.

Chris

Tilts

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Gas Gas EC300
    • View Profile
    • Dirtcadets.com
« Reply #15 on: 18 April 2013, 11:36:01 pm »

When Lots of peeps throw there bike down the rd and not inform the insure co its irrelevant because that bike once repaired by owner will have a full retail value because the history is never known as no claim has been made, a cat reg bike has had a pay out in full so therefore its value now is less than half if not less, and you are correct a insure co will not no its history as its your responsibility to inform the insure co and not there's to no and failure to disclose this info well you may as well not bother with insurance .. Because  in the event of a accident they will cancel/void your policy and if you caused the incident or even kill someone than expect to be sued big time, if you disclosed everything and say the bike got wrote off than expect about £1500-£1800 max after all they don't pay out in full twice, dealers can't retail cat bikes on the shop floor as finance co don't touch em, and tbh I'd say you or anyone will struggle to insure that bike correctly by disclosing everything once you tell em its cat d and paint, forks, add ons alarm bells start ringing than they won't touch it.

I've brought various cat d vehicles from van,cars to machines last one a vw cost £30k new it had 5k on 11 plate less than 12 months old and i paid £12k all repaired by vw approved shop its reg as cat d, we also got a John copper special we paid £5k for repaired and i always insist on seeing pics of damage and i disclose everything to insure.

And £3500 would have brought you this

I would have Donkeys over that, far classier!

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 April 2013, 11:45:26 pm »
Both motorcycles are lovely. They are both worth what someone is willing to pay. Cat D or not both are worth a lot of money.

Lets not forget the reason for this thread. One of our foccer brothers is selling his pride and joy, one which he has clearly devoted a lot of his time, money, imagination and skill to.

We should be encouraging him, praising him for his hard work and spreading the word for him! We should not be giving him negative comments and bad feeling to our foccer family. Lets not make this personal about who's bike is better than whos. Lets help our brother and hopefully he'll join us in fazer land again further down the line.

Chris

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 April 2013, 12:17:04 am »
Both motorcycles are lovely. They are both worth what someone is willing to pay. Cat D or not both are worth a lot of money.

Lets not forget the reason for this thread. One of our foccer brothers is selling his pride and joy, one which he has clearly devoted a lot of his time, money, imagination and skill to.

We should be encouraging him, praising him for his hard work and spreading the word for him! We should not be giving him negative comments and bad feeling to our foccer family. Lets not make this personal about who's bike is better than whos. Lets help our brother and hopefully he'll join us in fazer land again further down the line.

Chris

+1
The Deef's apprentice

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 April 2013, 12:26:56 pm »
It is obvious to see a lot of time, love, effort and money has been put into it but with the repaint and the cat D i would look elsewhere personally. But then I like all my vehicles to look as standard as possible. That way thieves and Mr plod take less notice.

If nothing else most of the comments I have seen are what I would expect to hear from possible buyers.
At least now you may have some answers prepared if they do ask such things.

Again good luck with the sale and I truly hope you get what you want for it.
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 April 2013, 01:07:23 am »
Wow, and I thought mine was clean. If I had the spare cash, this would be the summer bike to show off etc..

On a side note, raced a FJ1300 up the local bypass. Muppet thought he was fast but as I realled him in and came along side he was so shocked he lost control for a second..... LOLOL...
« Last Edit: 21 April 2013, 01:11:17 am by b1k3rdude »

donkey

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 April 2013, 08:19:49 am »
may take sensible offer

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 April 2013, 05:28:29 pm »
as pointed out about the levers not red they have been changed since pic taken and are now red.as for the cat d every body has there own opinion about it and the only damage was a little piece from fairing,it does not take alot to cat them.i think £3500 is a fair price for what has been done to it but hey thats just me.cheers
Nothing wrong with a CAT D as long as it has been repaired properly, I have sent the pic to a friend who is looking for a Fazer 1000.
Damaged fairing and exhaust will Cat D most bikes

donkey

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 April 2013, 06:18:17 pm »
thanks mate like i said the only damage was the nose cone,cheers

Dan

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - aka BusterDAN/BandanafZ1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 April 2013, 12:36:33 am »
Looks great to me.... only things I would change would be the screen in favour of a smoked one and also the grab rails which I think would look better in white....

Great job though and deserving of 3-3500K in my opinion.

donkey

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 May 2013, 01:32:46 pm »
price reduced to £2700 quick sale