Date: 29-03-24  Time: 10:08 am

Author Topic: New helmets fit for a bluetooth???  (Read 1146 times)

Ton13

• Weekend Warrior
  • Tonie
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Honda VFR 750
    • View Profile
New helmets fit for a bluetooth???
« on: 19 March 2013, 03:18:56 pm »
hey folks....

have just recently purchased some bluetooth  headsets which are brilliant..... but..... they dont fit in the helmets very well....

any one got any experience with helmets and aftermarket bluetooth sets? Am thinking of getting a couple of new helmets? poss Caberg or Shark?
Ideas people please???

Ride It Like You've Stole It

Rebuilt

• DAS Born Again
  • Varadero 1000 09...used to be 99 Fazer in pic
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - honda Varadero 1000 (09)
    • View Profile
Re: New helmets fit for a bluetooth???
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2013, 03:51:04 pm »
i also just purchased some bluetooth helmet headsets and yes they are brilliant things to have  :)

I also wear a pretty basic Box helmet like this one  http://www.ghostbikes.com/products/ghostbikes.com-brands-box/1894-box-bx-1-plain-motorcycle-helmet.html ... ( not always the box but on the odd occasion i wear the helmet instead  :rolleyes )  it has areas i guess are for your ears betweeen the padding but the head set earpieces fit in there very well and the boom mic goes into the front of the helmet snuggly also .

Working on this bit :OP

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
Re: New helmets fit for a bluetooth???
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2013, 04:23:30 pm »
I fitted a second hand Caberg Just Speak kit to my lid (Justissimo GT). I was lucky, got it off ebay for peanuts.

First - I'm only using it to link to my mobile. Comments:

- The installation is a bit fiddly. The instructions are a tad unclear at many points.
- The mic makes the flip front harder to close, it pushes against my lower lip. Not a problem, but you have make extra sure the lid closes!
- The earpieces: these are my bugbear. I'm not sure if part of the kit was missing, but the fitting of these is ambiguous. I've found a way to install them soundly, but God knows if that's right.
- Sound quality - I tested it with a biker friend of mine, took the bike up to 70, maybe a little faster? ( ;) ), and had excellent sound quality through the earpieces, and good transmission too according to said friend (who was at home).
- On the same point - it's been less good with the rain recently....
- The buttons are easy to get to, maybe even a tad too far back? Nice and big too.
- Ease of synch - mine linked to my phone first time. No trouble since.
- Warning beeps, etc. Nice, loud, and quite clear. The sound it plays if it loses connection can get a tad irritating.
- Look - very nice. The only visible part on the outside is the mini panel, containing the + and - buttons and a blue LED
- Battery life - no idea as yet. Recharges via a USB port.

Conclusion: A very good kit. Worth the £150 new price? Maybe not, depends on how much you use it / want from it.

Caberg bluetooth
Caberg bluetooth
The Deef's apprentice