Date: 28-03-24  Time: 09:22 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1585129 times)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #8000 on: 28 July 2019, 12:34:11 pm »
 Cheers dude :)  you gotta look after the ones you love, right? :D ;)

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: 28 July 2019, 06:56:16 pm »
 :thumbup yep,'cause one thing's for sure no one else will. :kiss
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: 28 July 2019, 11:24:55 pm »
Had a strange feeling from the back wheel of the 1000 over the last few weeks. Felt a bit like going over a pebble mid corner, nothing excessive, but starting getting worse in the last few 100 miles, as if the back was going to slide, especially two up.
Quick check of the rear end, but nothing obviously wrong, removed caliper and wheel bearings felt fine, Removed link arm nothing wrong there, checked the top shock spherical bearing fine (S1000RR Shock) as the link arm was off, no side play just the normal up down bit of the spherical bearing, checked swinging arm, it was fine, removed the wheel, right side bearing had a little bit of play, sprocket bearing no play, took off the sprocket hub found a bit of play in the needle roller bearing. Pulled out the axel and put it in part way from the left to check the needle bearing on its own, quite a lot of play in the needle bearing compared to the right side roller bearing using the same method, but no play in the sprocket carrier bearing.

Decided to order a full set of rear bearings, collar and seals from Marksmans Bearings. Take note, the Collar for the needle bearing has to be ordered separately.

Arrived Thursday and decided to fit them Friday. Removal was going fine, seal out circlip off,  roller bearing out, but what a pain in the arse of a job trying to get the needle bearing out  :rolleyes . We eventually had to use a dremel to cut it (carefully) before we could get it out, sprocket carrier bearing was easy to remove..
All bearings pushed back in, circlip in and seals in. Wheel back on. Out for a spin total transformation, no more weird movements from the rear. :woot

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: 29 July 2019, 12:54:16 am »
That lot would have cost a tidy penny at a shop,good job you can use the tools,ay? :thumbup

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: 29 July 2019, 09:55:47 pm »
Rode back from Scarborough. Started off in the rain. Tried to make a bit more of a ride out of it, as just A1'd it on the way up as time was tight. A few good B roads south of the A64, were quite enjoyable considering the wet conditions. The roads had dried out a bit before the Humber Bridge, and the temperature noticeably rose as we got south. One of my pals has recently moved to Norfolk, so in no time at all, he was peeling off east, as we went west to Peterborough and the A1 and boredom. A cross country whizz to Buntingford, livened things up a bit, before the M11/M25 superslabs got us back dahn sarf. Drying the tent out will be tomorrows first job.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: 04 August 2019, 01:46:14 pm »
Another good breakfast whizz around Kent,Surrey and Sussex. Nice usual early start at 7:30. A quick fuel top up for the 996, R1 and Gixer at Seaford, before making our way over to the 1066 caff on the A21. The old Ogri caff that became Wessons, looked well shut, so will cross that one off the list. Had the healthy option breakfast as need to squeeze into my new leather jacket. A good ride back home via Yalding,7 mile lane and Brands Hatch, causing another 163 miles to be racked up by the mighty thou. Might have to dig out the Triumph to save the Faze's tyres, for a trip to the Bol d'Or in late September.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: 16 August 2019, 09:54:51 am »
Had a pleasant whizz down to Eastbourne yesterday, for the first day of the airshow weekend. Weather looks decidedly dodgy for the other three days. Got parked up nice and early on the front, before seeking out somewhere for breakfast. Lovely sunny day if a bit breezy, but not enough to deter the stunt parachutists and wing walkers. However too windy for the Battle of Britain Flight to take off, and the Sea Fury had mechanical issues, so didn't see that either. They were the only two flypasts I was really bothered about. If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
However the journey home made up for that as once clear of Eastbourne, the A22 was quite clear, allowing me to get a wriggle on, before a hoon across the Ashdown Forest got me home in time for tea.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: 19 August 2019, 04:19:20 pm »
MOT & service. Passed with no issues :) .

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: 20 August 2019, 10:07:08 am »
day off today .up early and out on the bike for a 60 mile bimble to loomies for breakfast .think thats the first time  ive only seen one bike here....
One, is never going to be enough.....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: 20 August 2019, 10:29:52 am »
that was a nice breakfast   :thumbup   iam out for the day so going to jump on the A272 and head west to winchester and then south to the new forest..beautiful day with not a cloud in the sky....
« Last Edit: 20 August 2019, 10:36:17 pm by red98 »

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8010 on: 20 August 2019, 11:45:13 am »
Rode back from Scarborough. Started off in the rain. Tried to make a bit more of a ride out of it, as just A1'd it on the way up as time was tight. A few good B roads south of the A64, were quite enjoyable considering the wet conditions. The roads had dried out a bit before the Humber Bridge, and the temperature noticeably rose as we got south. One of my pals has recently moved to Norfolk, so in no time at all, he was peeling off east, as we went west to Peterborough and the A1 and boredom. A cross country whizz to Buntingford, livened things up a bit, before the M11/M25 superslabs got us back dahn sarf. Drying the tent out will be tomorrows first job.

A 507 by any chance, great road
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: 20 August 2019, 01:21:34 pm »
 :thumbup Correcto. Went that way going but had just started raining when we got to Buntingford, which spoilt things somewhat, so was glad of the good weather on our return, in an attempt to do it justice.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: 20 August 2019, 10:30:16 pm »
that was a nice breakfast   :thumbup   iam out for the day so going to jump on the A272 and head west to winchester and then south to the new forest..beautiful day with not a cloud in the sky....

A272 was as good as ever ,got to winchester and then went south and ended up on portland bill ,sat there for a while taking in the view and eating ice cream , then a quick stop at durdle door before going onto poole for bike night and fish and chips ,had about 90 mins wandering around before blasting home , got in at 9.45pm ,left home this morning at 8 am so a good days riding....just what the doctor ordered  :)
« Last Edit: 20 August 2019, 10:32:23 pm by red98 »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: 20 August 2019, 10:32:53 pm »
« Last Edit: 20 August 2019, 10:34:42 pm by red98 »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: 24 August 2019, 10:32:18 am »
Yestrday actually, but  spent a couple of hours riding around the Lincs Wolds, then cos the coast was within spitting distance, popped into Mabelthorpe for  refreshments. Lovely weather, day ruined only by the long ride back home on the A46.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: 27 August 2019, 08:20:54 pm »
Nice day to have been out, for sure  :thumbup .
« Last Edit: 28 August 2019, 05:51:21 am by robbo »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: 29 August 2019, 02:30:56 pm »
Quick wash and blow dry for the bike, then checked all reachable fasteners etc, oil and water, lights, tyres, then off out for a 20 mile jolly just to check alls running fine. Start to get my gear together for the road bike day at Donington on Monday. None of this tyre warmer/spare wheels/tyres/tripping over cables, just blokes like me on trying to have a good time. Love it, you get a good mix of bikes on these

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: 03 September 2019, 10:36:33 pm »
Donington Park, road bikes only trackday. Smashing day, some super bikes. Thats it for this year I think

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: 03 September 2019, 10:37:38 pm »
another pic
« Last Edit: 03 September 2019, 10:38:34 pm by agricola »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: 04 September 2019, 08:50:36 am »
Good action pics :thumbup . Fresh MOT for me, then an oil and filter change, ready for France in two weeks time.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8020 on: 04 September 2019, 06:48:33 pm »
Realised I was 3 days out of MOT 😱😱😱

So quick scarper down to my mechys place, a bit of begging and a bacon butty later ....all done and dusted for another year

Flew through without any advisories as usual 😎

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8021 on: 06 September 2019, 11:41:12 am »
Donington Park, road bikes only trackday. Smashing day, some super bikes. Thats it for this year I think

Hmmm. Gave the bike a once over yesterday fastener check etc to make sure alls ok. I had a moment at the Melbourne Loop on Monday where the rear slipped out, and looking at the fairing and the photos, I reckon the fairing was heavily in contact with the tarmac, which may have caused the rear to lift from the surface. In fact, acting like a pivot and removing weight from the rear. Does that sound a reasonable theory? The wear strips I added to the fairing to stop me wearing the holes bigger are heavily worn.

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8022 on: 07 September 2019, 04:55:30 pm »
Got some "Grip Puppies" off Busters,look a little bit "big" but really do stop the vibes through the bars. :thumbup in hindsight I suppose I could have put my original bar ends back on but I like the Renthal ones,just a bit to light,hence the vibes.

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #8023 on: 07 September 2019, 07:29:03 pm »
Got the might Thou through another MoT , took it to a different shop this year and had an advisory for a noisy exhaust, first time since I put it on about 8 years ago.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: 07 September 2019, 09:07:41 pm »
Got the might Thou through another MoT , took it to a different shop this year and had an advisory for a noisy exhaust, first time since I put it on about 8 years ago.
Your last 8 years past tester was def  :lol

« Last Edit: 07 September 2019, 09:10:20 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.