Date: 18-04-24  Time: 10:19 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1594907 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #7775 on: 17 February 2019, 11:38:14 am »
Is it warm enough to get my summer gloves back out today.I could always just carry on with my winter ones but prefer the extra feel I get from the thinner summer ones
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: 17 February 2019, 08:55:54 pm »
I went for a ride 'cause the weather was nice,but was glad I put my heavy gloves on as out of the sun it was a bit nippy.I also took my belly pan off and put it on e/bay,it's ok, but I found it hard to clean the pipes with it on and after I'd took it off and cleaned them I thought it looked better anyway.Hopefully someone will buy it and I'll put the money towards a new coat,I've had a Dianese one for 11 years and although it's still comfy it's looking its age now.I tried a nice leather jacket on at our local bike shop which was reduced in a sale and I asked the salesman if it looked ok and he said it really suited me,I went over to the mirror and couldn't believe what a pratt I looked in it,they'll say anything for a sale,fuckin' dickhead  :finger anyway,that's what I'll get if I do sell it,I've got a nice Rukka coat that my wife had when we used to tour but it's a bit tight and I don't want to go on a diet just so a coat fits, so we'll see. :)
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: 17 February 2019, 09:02:12 pm »
Well as it happened it clouded over and looked a bit "iffy" so I drank beer instead which is always a good second choice for me.My problem is because I do not ride every day I don't pick up on the slow changes in temp to be able to judge as it may of been 3 weeks ago since I went out. 

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: 17 February 2019, 10:04:48 pm »
I would have washed and polished it and lubed the chain, but...............  :'( 

Going for the power option on the C90 though, shes getting a 125cc Lifan 4 speed power mill grafted in, should be good for 60 mph then LOL!

Well its something to do to help me get over my bereavement.  :lol :'( :lol :'( :lol 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Lifan-125cc-Big-Valve-4-Speed-Semi-Auto-Pit-Bike-Engine-E-O-Monkey-C90/292668913171
« Last Edit: 17 February 2019, 10:10:49 pm by tommyardin »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: 20 February 2019, 06:08:10 pm »
Finally got the undertray back from the painters. Don't think I'll be using him again. Had a bit of fabricating to do in order to prevent it cracking like the last one. Next task, a change of chain and sprockets, followed by a quick caliper overhaul, exup maintenance, and oil and filter change. Then all set for another season. :thumbup

Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: 23 February 2019, 08:55:36 am »
Yesterday actually but just got in front of my computer.
Down to ThunderRoad Cwmbran for MOT and a new pair of Bridgestone BT016s, after some advice from Ogri (Paul).
Then out for a 50 odd mile rideout in the sunshine.
With the new sportier rubber and recent front suspension overhaul and rear suspension setup (R6 shock) to match, by the wizard that is Darren at MCT in Suffolk (thanks for the tip and help again Paul) my Gen 1 thou is now an absolute magic carpet of a machine.
I thought it was amazing before all this but now it's at a different level.
And spring & summer are just round the corner - come on!!  :woot
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin

Stinka

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: 23 February 2019, 12:04:54 pm »
Oil and filter on me thou  :)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: 23 February 2019, 09:49:40 pm »
Drilled out a broken EXUP bolt  :eek

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: 24 February 2019, 06:42:13 pm »
Lovely ride out up to Ashbourne, up the hill past the market place, then turn right onto the B5056, mile after mile of zero traffic B road, bends, villages, fantastic counrtyside, past the Longcliffe quarry, through Grangemill, then pick up the A6. A coffee at the Peak Shopping Village, then home. A guy on a grey fzs600 at Belper Mills traffic lights turned right as I went straight on. Matlock was rammed full. All told, I was out over 4 hours

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: 25 February 2019, 01:42:52 pm »
Took advantage of the sunshine and quiet Monday morning roads for a nice hoon around the wolds. Didnt go 'anywhere' as such jist a nice big loop round. Stopped off at a mates to help him sort the brakes on his Bandit 1200, after 20 mins of ripping him about the fact it's too slow to need any I went for a bite to eat down the seafront (nipped past the stadium for the photo challenge) then back home to give her a much needed clean.
Was only out around 3 hours but was just lovely to feel like summer again

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7785 on: 25 February 2019, 10:19:55 pm »
An afternoon in the garage. Exup valve overhauled, together with front and rear calipers. New pads in the front as well. Oil and filter change to do in the morning, leaving just the chain and sprocket renewal next week.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: 26 February 2019, 08:59:45 pm »
An afternoon in the garage. Exup valve overhauled, together with front and rear calipers. New pads in the front as well. Oil and filter change to do in the morning, leaving just the chain and sprocket renewal next week.

Hope you don't have the nightmare I had getting the front sprocket off,some would have you believe you can just tap it and at the same time turn the socket/spanner,well that might work for some but I had the mother of all jobs undoing mine,I ended up with the front brake on,a stump of wood through the rear wheel and a scaffold pole on a bar and socket ! couldn't fucking believe how tight it was. :eek
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: 27 February 2019, 10:38:35 am »
I usually use an old fork stanchion wrapped in an old towel. Put it through the rear wheel, then half inch breaker bar with a length of tube normally does the job. Can't tackle that until next week as my rivetter is worn out and will be borrowing one. It can be a mare of a job but this method has always worked for me.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #7788 on: 11 March 2019, 12:01:02 am »
Had to ride from Portsmouth to Coventry for a business show and on the way up it was blowing an absolute hooley!

It wasn't actually too bad, though, as long as I took it easy, it wasn't anything I couldn't handle, although I stopped off at a Services on the M40 because the constant buffeting was really hard to take.

On the way back, the wind had dropped, but it had also rained, so there was a lot of fine spray around that wasn't big enough droplets to bead off my visor.

Even worse, the temperature had also dropped and I found that my heated gloves had stopped working for some reason. The result of which was that I had to ride back in sections of 25-30 miles, because after half an hour my fingers were absolutely frozen and it was very hard to control the bike :(

Not the most pleasant riding experience I've ever had... :(

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: 11 March 2019, 12:05:57 am »
Grahamm, have you ever thought about doing an advanced riding course to help you control the bike a bit better ?...... :lurk

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: 11 March 2019, 12:10:59 am »
Grahamm, have you ever thought about doing an advanced riding course to help you control the bike a bit better ?...... :lurk

dazza, have you ever read The Three Billy Goats Gruff?

I'll just trit-trot along here...

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: 11 March 2019, 06:04:44 am »
Had to ride from Portsmouth to Coventry for a business show and on the way up it was blowing an absolute hooley!

It wasn't actually too bad, though, as long as I took it easy, it wasn't anything I couldn't handle, although I stopped off at a Services on the M40 because the constant buffeting was really hard to take.

On the way back, the wind had dropped, but it had also rained, so there was a lot of fine spray around that wasn't big enough droplets to bead off my visor.

Even worse, the temperature had also dropped and I found that my heated gloves had stopped working for some reason. The result of which was that I had to ride back in sections of 25-30 miles, because after half an hour my fingers were absolutely frozen and it was very hard to control the bike :(

Not the most pleasant riding experience I've ever had... :(

I think because i've been using these Vee Wipe's for as long as i can remember i naturally presume everyone else does as well, but i s'pose not everyone does, or even knows they exist!
I always have one on my waterproof gloves, an old one in my jacket and even a new one still in it's packet in my top box.
I could not ride without it in the rain, it's possibly the simplest yet most effective and useful piece of kit you can buy.

They did slightly change the design a couple of years back, and i notice both are shown in the ads, i wasn't too keen with the new one compared with the older version but after a quick email they cut me the old type again instead which was rather decent of them on the Bob Heath site (rjhgear).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xvee+wipe.TRS0&_nkw=vee+wipe&_sacat=0
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: 11 March 2019, 08:38:10 am »
not today but Saturday
 I took my old beast for it MOT

walked it with no advisory's
 2003 gen one Thou
 now done a massive 23k

shame its only done 99 miles since its last MOT :(

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: 11 March 2019, 09:55:26 am »
me n dynspud did our usual south wales tt course, was a cracking day, just what we both needed. Funny how a bike ride puts the world to rights innit? swapped bikes for a bit, the new bridgestones/suspension set up has turned his thou into a fireblade :)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: 11 March 2019, 10:29:54 am »
I think because i've been using these Vee Wipe's for as long as i can remember i naturally presume everyone else does as well, but i s'pose not everyone does, or even knows they exist!

The Gerbing glove has a rubber "wiper blade" on the left thumb, but the problem was that there was so much spray I was literally having to wipe it every five seconds because as soon as I'd cleared it, the visor was coated again :(

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: 11 March 2019, 06:27:07 pm »
Chain and sprockets finally changed, so a brief ride over to Box Hill this afternoon to make sure nothing was likely to fall off, after having spanners waved at it from all directions. Arrived just in time for the caff to shut, which was a tad inconvenient.
Thanks for bringing your chain rivetter Flooky, shame the caff was shut. Hopefully do the Chalet soon :thumbup .

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: 17 March 2019, 05:49:13 pm »
took the boxeye on a bimble with a local bike club .took along a mate with a new to him MT09
One, is never going to be enough.....

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: 17 March 2019, 06:16:41 pm »
Wow that's probably the best looking MT09 I've ever seen 🥴

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: 17 March 2019, 06:19:56 pm »
Not the best picture , looks a lot better than that , I like it but that seat   :eek
One, is never going to be enough.....

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: 17 March 2019, 07:11:45 pm »
I found out why my heated gloves weren't working after almost freezing my fingers off coming back from Coventry last weekend...

When the workshop installed the new engine last year, they didn't connect up the bloody negative end of the cable!!!

I also took the fairing off the front to try to find why the LCD instrument display was flickering so much, but although I've taken all the connectors apart and cleaned them with WD40 Contact Cleaner spray, there still seems to be an issue.

There may be a faulty connection inside the actual display, but it doesn't look easy (or maybe even possible) to take it apart :(