Date: 28-03-24  Time: 09:46 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1585135 times)

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #7625 on: 30 May 2018, 10:03:04 pm »
I am quite envious of the choice of roads you have in that area. I have some favourite roads in my area but on the whole it isn't a great region for biking roads.
Amazing to 'find' that cafe (ok I was lead there in a group of riders) as I have travelled in that area over many years and even passed the road end to the cafe and not gone in or noticed it before! Very nice atmosphere as they didn't bat an eye when about 20 of us walked in needing refreshment.
I have been to other places where they even moaned about ten of us turning up at once...

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #7626 on: 30 May 2018, 11:29:33 pm »
Over the Bank Holiday I decided to go and do some surfing in Devon and maybe some bike riding too.

Because I needed to get down there early, rather than ride my usual fun route of A36, A30, A377, I had to take the quicker (but dull) route of M3, A34, A303, except it turned out to be not so quick since firstly some idiot had managed to turn their car over on the M3, then someone else had put their car into a ditch on the A34 and finally the A303 was at a stand-still in places, for example, approaching the Stonehenge junction, nothing was moving and it was solid white lines, plus I couldn't see past a large lorry in front of me, so myself and another biker who'd also filtered up just turned off our engines and sat there for about 5 minutes until things moved again.

In any case, following some progressive filtering, I got there not much later than I'd hoped and got some good waves on Friday evening and Saturday.

On Sunday the swell had dropped to virtually nothing and there was hardly a ripple, so I decided to go for a ride down the A39 Atlantic Highway past Bude to Widemouth Bay which was great fun.

For the way back up, I had selected the A30, but found that it was a dull dual carriageway, so turned off and eventually found myself on the B3254 which is an awesome road and I have to ride it again some time, although I think Sally Sat Nav got fed up with my ignoring her attempts to get me to the waypoint I'd selected ("turn around when possible". "Turn right, then take the next right". "Oh, please yourself, I'm not talking to you any more!" ;) )

The ride back home was the fun route of the A377 and A30, so I got home Monday evening, knackered but happy :D

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: 02 June 2018, 12:39:57 pm »
Fitted an adjustable flasher unit - I spent a whole 99p (well I actually bought 5 so I did spend a bit more than 99p), how the heck they can flog them at that price and include shipping from China is beyond me...Anyway, it was easy to fit and simple to adjust the flash rate by turning a screwAnd it doesn't beep!They are now £1.04 or best offer.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Pin-Speed-Adjustable-LED-Indicator-Flasher-Relay-Resistor-Fix-Motorcycle-uk/272897130108?hash=item3f89efbe7c:g:J5UAAOSwJLJZg-Af

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: 03 June 2018, 12:02:06 pm »
Beautiful morning for a sunny 150 mile breakfast whizz, and home in time for the Mugello MotoGP........perfect.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7629 on: 05 June 2018, 12:34:51 pm »
MOT'd it. Again. Passed again.  :lol :lol The tester said it was in very good condition considering the mileage - it's only done 65K!

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: 05 June 2018, 08:27:40 pm »
Just about run in then  :D

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: 06 June 2018, 07:53:27 pm »
Had a very enjoyable whizz down to Somerset to check out SP Engineerings exhaust cans. Wallets a bit lighter now as bought one of their carbon cans and link pipe to facilitate fitting my new givi pannier frames, which my normal high level set up won't allow. Was quite chilly at 6:30 this morning, especially with my jacket lining removed, however 260 miles later, was sweating buckets filtering through heavy traffic as I got close to home.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: 06 June 2018, 08:23:48 pm »
Changed the brake fluid on my FZ6 (which probably hadn't been changed for a bit longer longer than it should have...!)

BTW if anyone ever searches (as I was doing) and wants to know how much brake fluid you actually need for a full system flush, it's actually only about 250ml, so buying a litre of DOT 4 was probably excessive.

Still, it should keep ok in a sealed container and it was only about £8, so no big loss if it doesn't.

Wharfe

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: 07 June 2018, 08:15:02 pm »
OK got back this lunchtime  from a 1600 mile round trip to rellies in Germany, on my Tracer 900 (bear with me, this is the right thread). BUT this afternoon when I had to do a rush hour dash across Bradford and over to Leeds for a physio appointment, VERY glad to have the fazer's nippiness and (crucially) narrow bars for the lots of filtering required to make it on time. Love that bike....

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: 09 June 2018, 06:15:06 pm »
A ride to the Anglesey Circuit to watch the No Limits race meeting. Lovely weather, good racing, great scenery. 160 mile round trip.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7635 on: 09 June 2018, 10:13:13 pm »
Fitted a new fork seal to the mighty thou......replacing them once a year and I cant see why   :\
all done now though , i feel like a days testing coming on   ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: 13 June 2018, 02:46:35 pm »
A ride to Bangor and Menai Bridge to visit the Menai Heritage Centre where there is an exhibition regarding the history of the Menai Bridge and also a new exhibition to mark 65 years since HMS Conway ran aground and broke it's back whilst being towed by tugs. Three years later, the wreck caught fire and burnt to the water line.Visited Bangor pier also. 136 mile round trip.

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: 13 June 2018, 07:48:36 pm »
Oil and filter change. Clutch cable oiled, it does feel slightly better.
Just about ready for the MOT on Saturday.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: 16 June 2018, 08:01:01 pm »
had a few days off this week so ive been riding it ..breakfast at loomies onto portsdown and then onto bosham for lunch....then last tuesday a visit to poole bike night .little bit overcast so turnout not the best . still a good night fhough   :)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: 19 June 2018, 09:56:31 pm »
Replacing the rear brake pads on my '06 FZ6 SA for the upcoming MoT, I was just doing the final thing, screwing the pad slider pin cover back in place when I managed to drop the damn thing into the space between the swing arm and the wheel!

I then had to take the caliper back off again so I could fish the bloody thing out with tweezers and a bent paperclip... :(

Then I wanted to take it for a quick ride around the block to check everything was working ok, only to switch on the ignition and see the oil light stay on and the fuel gauge bars flash 8 times.

So I had to come back inside and look up what the issue was. Turns out, whilst cleaning some contacts, I'd managed to slightly pull apart the connectors at the left hand side by the front of the tank and the bike was registering a fault.

I pushed them back together and, bingo, everything was (eventually) sorted!

(And the brakes work too :) )

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: 19 June 2018, 10:01:52 pm »
New rear Metz Roadtec 01 fitted this morning, bolted on the pannier frames and new SP Engineering carbon can. All set for the Spa Classic next weekend.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: 20 June 2018, 07:12:32 pm »
Took the FZ6 in for its MOT today, but first got them to replace the OEM headset bearings (after 60,000 miles!)  because I'd been getting advisories on them being notchy in the past.

The mechanic showed me the old ones afterwards, which were seriously rusted! Apparently there's a rubber stopper at the bottom of the headset which means that water can condense inside, then gets trapped, so the bottom bearings are sitting in water :(

I'll have to remember to take it out occasionally to let it drain.

Anyway, apart from that, it passed with only one advisory of the front tyre being down on the wear markers which I was aware of. (It's got a good thousand miles left before I need to get a new one put on... ;) )
« Last Edit: 20 June 2018, 07:13:04 pm by Grahamm »

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: 22 June 2018, 02:58:36 pm »
After the successful trial of a Tutoro chain oiler on my 600 Fazer throughout the winter months, I have fitted one to the 1000 today. I have never had a chain exit the salt laden roads period in such good condition, and I have never had to clean it.

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: 22 June 2018, 11:52:32 pm »
The mechanic showed me the old ones afterwards, which were seriously rusted! Apparently there's a rubber stopper at the bottom of the headset which means that water can condense inside, then gets trapped, so the bottom bearings are sitting in water :(

I'll have to remember to take it out occasionally to let it drain.

I have mine absolutely lathered in grease. A mate once said I was wasteful as I used far too much grease on those bearings but I've never had to adjust them or replace them so maybe it's not such a waste.

Nemesis

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: 24 June 2018, 05:50:28 pm »
Oil and filter changed also hardwired nextbase accident cam

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7645 on: 30 June 2018, 12:07:21 pm »
It's Fazer time ;)
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: 01 July 2018, 11:30:18 am »
A short blast to the ace cafe for honda day , found this gem showing up all the hondas ...........I want one please  :)
« Last Edit: 01 July 2018, 11:31:32 am by red98 »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: 01 July 2018, 12:06:14 pm »
2 days ago in fact...

2nd ride of the year!

Skiddaw:

Helvellyn:

View into Patterdale from the Kirkstone Pass:

Ullswater:

Coledale Fells:

Only 116 miles covered, but too hot to do much more (too hot?! In Cumbria?!  :eek ).
« Last Edit: 02 July 2018, 06:13:33 pm by Hedgetrimmer »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: 01 July 2018, 12:07:41 pm »

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: 01 July 2018, 02:33:45 pm »
Nick, I'm not jealous!  The lakes are looking amazing in your pics!
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!