Date: 29-03-24  Time: 15:43 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1586768 times)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #7400 on: 17 February 2018, 04:59:49 pm »
Yes ACF50 works and I can see the advantage of buying the one with atrigger spray because the normal  spray can comes out more like a glupy squirt than a spray, I don't go everywhere with it but instead spray it into a lid and either dab a rag into it or a small brush so I can reach award areas   

A little goes a long way. To make sure I coat all the bike, I bought a small spray gun (already got a small compressor) one year at stafford show, binliners over the wheels/brakes etc, then cover the whole bike(s). Get a nice fine mist for the coating the engine. White smokes a little at startup after for a minute or two, but worth the effort

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: 17 February 2018, 06:22:09 pm »
Finally got my girl back last week after she was pushed over and damaged down the right hand side so today has been filled with wash and a full treatment of acf 50....she looks mint!

The Fizzy 600, both box & fox eye, simply have nice proportions to me, and that is a particularly nice example.

How come it was pushed over?

What seat is that?

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: 18 February 2018, 05:12:28 pm »
Rode it yesterday for the first time this year, lovely jubbly.
Although having sat a lot on an MT10 at the london bike show its cards may be marked.
« Last Edit: 18 February 2018, 05:13:42 pm by Skippernick »
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: 18 February 2018, 06:46:03 pm »
Leathers on (and they still fit :)) and a ride up to CCM at Clay Cross, to have a look at all the bikes I cant afford. Fair amount of used Tracers for sale, perhaps a lot of PCP deals coming to an end. Just got chilled a little coming back home

mrMoog

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: 19 February 2018, 12:25:24 pm »
Finally got my girl back last week after she was pushed over and damaged down the right hand side so today has been filled with wash and a full treatment of acf 50....she looks mint!

The Fizzy 600, both box & fox eye, simply have nice proportions to me, and that is a particularly nice example.

What seat is that?

Yeah she was pushed over by a Down Syndrome lad, he was walking through my works car park with his carer and he just pushed it over. I was gutted and after over a month messing with insurance (his not mine) It was finally repaired last week. The seat as with all the mods were done by the previous owner, you can tell its been a much loved bike and that will certainly continue with my ownership :-)

MFD

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: 19 February 2018, 04:00:18 pm »
Fitted rear hugger today.

Not quite happy with the clearance between it and the tyre on one side - I think a stone could get stuck in the tread and damage it, gradually fettling it by filing the mounting slots longer and adding strategic washers as spacers.

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: 19 February 2018, 07:32:34 pm »

What seat is that?

Yeah she was pushed over by a Down Syndrome lad, he was walking through my works car park with his carer and he just pushed it over. I was gutted and after over a month messing with insurance (his not mine) It was finally repaired last week. The seat as with all the mods were done by the previous owner, you can tell its been a much loved bike and that will certainly continue with my ownership :-)

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: 20 February 2018, 03:16:50 pm »
A hundred mile round trip to Colwyn Bay/Rhos on Sea and back. Lovely weather, 9 degrees this afternoon. Positively tropical for this time of year in North Wales.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7408 on: 20 February 2018, 03:33:29 pm »
Not today, but at the weekend I finally got motivation up to check the valve clearances as I got fed up with the rattle and wanted to check those before plumping for a cam chain issue.
Struggling to lift the cam covers, and unable to be able to slide them out, I checked cylinder #1. All seemed OK. #2 however seemed to have an excessive gap on the inlet tappets. Everything thrown back together without checking the rest as it will be heading off to a dealer for that to be resolved. I don't fancy trying to get the cams out when I cant even get the covers off properly.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: 20 February 2018, 06:46:59 pm »
Used the 600 for work for the first time this year.......as last year , cagers still out to get me  :grumble

A timly reminder for us all with a new season nearly on us........ride safe foccers    :thumbup

One, is never going to be enough.....

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7410 on: 20 February 2018, 11:50:50 pm »
Used the 600 for work for the first time this year.......as last year , cagers still out to get me  :grumble

A timly reminder for us all with a new season nearly on us........ride safe foccers    :thumbup

Paul, I hope that was just a “brown trousers” moment rather than impact with anything!

Me: I glanced down at the odometer on the way home on the M4 this evening in time to see 5 nines change to zeros.

« Last Edit: 04 May 2018, 09:28:04 am by Fazerider »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: 21 February 2018, 07:23:57 pm »
Hi james , just the usual near misses and smidsy's, dont ride much in the winter and forgot how bad it can be.....I need to take it easy at the start of the season as I get a little rusty over winter   :rolleyes

200000 thats impresive , great piccie , would of been better 26 miles ago though   :lol
One, is never going to be enough.....

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: 21 February 2018, 09:13:26 pm »
Hi james , just the usual near misses and smidsy's, dont ride much in the winter and forgot how bad it can be.....I need to take it easy at the start of the season as I get a little rusty over winter   :rolleyes

200000 thats impresive , great piccie , would of been better 26 miles ago though   :lol

It would have been. At least I got to see it, but I couldn’t be arsed to pull over to the hard shoulder to take a pic late at night after a 12 hour shift.

I feel like a novice when I get on the bike after a few weeks without having ridden. It takes a while to get back in the groove. Mostly, I ride through winter and it’s the bike that gets rusty, rather than me. :)

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: 22 February 2018, 01:13:08 pm »
A hundred mile round trip to Colwyn Bay/Rhos on Sea and back. Lovely weather, 9 degrees this afternoon. Positively tropical for this time of year in North Wales.
Great to see you're getting lots of time in the saddle Mike :thumbup, not that I'm jealous or anything!  :'(
Hope you're managing with your hands alright.

Steve

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: 22 February 2018, 04:31:21 pm »
Thanks Steve. Hope that your arm isn't stopping you riding. How are things ? I'm having another procedure on my clutch hand in a months time. Bad timing really, as the Wirral 100 Club meeting, in Anglesey, is on a few days later. I'm hoping that I'll be able to go but we'll have to see.

Regards, Mike

reggit

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha350LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: 24 February 2018, 05:06:14 pm »
Broke the screen 😢.  Side stand sank when checking into a rally.
Anyone got a screen on offer for a gen1 1000?

iamthearrison

• CBT Wobbler
  • Motorcycling craft beer nerd
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: 24 February 2018, 06:14:45 pm »
changed  the broken speedo drive sensor. Easy enough job, apart from the paddock stand collapsing and tipping the bike over as I took the front wheel out. Luckily managed to hold it, and the only damage was a scratched top box.
Everyone has to believe in something. I believe Ill have another beer

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: 24 February 2018, 06:38:34 pm »
Did you not have it on the centre stand.? The front of any bike will be unstable on a front wheel paddock stand if not on the centre stand or rear paddock first.

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: 25 February 2018, 01:33:39 am »

Removed the pannier frames and the grip mat from the tank from last years holiday. Then got the T Cut and polish out to clean up the old girl before my mate takes ownership.

Now i'm not going anywhere, I'm just getting a better Gen 1. But after riding my bike today after collecting it from Foley Motorcycles where they cleaned out the carbs and sorted the plugs, I'm not sure the new one can be any quicker even though its had Ivan's full monty.

Bloody typical, the bike you're selling goes better than ever before just before you pass it on.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: 25 February 2018, 09:38:40 am »
I'm afraid that is often the way it is.
I recall a few years ago purchasing a high end mountain bike, which then meant that the were 6 bikes in my small shed, my kids would get their bikes out and the wife get hers out and it seemed that my new mountain bike was always at the back of the tangled mess of wheels and frames. Time to clear out and make a little space, I ended up selling a Pergeot Carbolite racing bike that I had owned for about 12 years but had not really ridden much in the last 3 years or so (my back prefers the more upright stance of a mountain bike)
Some guy bought it and as he rode off down my garden path on the  Carbolite my heart sank and I knew that I had done a really, really stupid thing and have regretted selling that bike ever since.
I had trained hard on that bike and done a number of charity rides in aid of different organisations, it was an old friend and I foolishly let someone else ride away on it.
I hope you don't feel the same about your old Fazer.

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: 25 February 2018, 12:09:57 pm »
... Pergeot Carbolite racing bike ...

I have the same make car and can never spell it either. :lol

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: 25 February 2018, 04:52:23 pm »
A ride in the sunshine, clear blue skies, and sub zero temperature into Shropshire. I called at Lynn's Raven Cafe, Prees Heath, for a snack and drink. I counted around 50 bikes there. The totally dry roads tempted people out on their shiny machines. I wore enough layers so I wasn't cold. Yellow warnings issued for snow here on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I could be grounded for a few days.

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: 25 February 2018, 04:59:33 pm »
This may be of assistance re the car and bicycle manufacturer |  :lol

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: 25 February 2018, 05:18:46 pm »
... Pergeot Carbolite racing bike ...

I have the same make car and can never spell it either. :lol
:rollin :rollin

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: 26 February 2018, 03:03:00 am »
This may be of assistance re the car and bicycle manufacturer |  :lol

Looks like he could do with a Foccing Red Cross Food Parcel  :lol