Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:59 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1585756 times)

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #7200 on: 14 October 2017, 08:32:17 pm »
I've been blinging the Fazer up today.
Nice shiny stainless rad side covers, indicator repeaters (as I find it difficult to notice the one on the dash as it's green and not orange)
MRA screen - it's a bolt on one to extend the stock screen.

Pics will have to follow as I had 'other stuff' to do inside the house and I ran out of time.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: 15 October 2017, 06:44:07 pm »
Took a runout to Seaways cafe with a couple of mates,then down to Bridlington for fish and chips.
Seaways was packed with bikes taking advantage of the weather, some nice bikes there.

Knobhead of the day was the operator of the speed camera van parked totally blocking the cycle lane and half of the left hand lane on the dual carriage forcing all the traffic into the right hand lane.
« Last Edit: 15 October 2017, 06:46:20 pm by slappy »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: 16 October 2017, 06:50:27 pm »
Thought I'd try out one of the Halfords 120% brighter headlight bulbs seeing as they've been on 'sale' for the past 9 or 10 times I've been in there. Can't say I agree with the 120% brighter part but it's definitely and improvement over the original and its a much whiter light which I prefer.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: 16 October 2017, 09:00:04 pm »
Took a runout to Seaways cafe with a couple of mates,then down to Bridlington for fish and chips.
Seaways was packed with bikes taking advantage of the weather, some nice bikes there.

Knobhead of the day was the operator of the speed camera van parked totally blocking the cycle lane and half of the left hand lane on the dual carriage forcing all the traffic into the right hand lane.

Is that a Dominator 99 600cc lump? or a Commando

This attached picture was nicked from Google Images, always fancied a Dommie as a young man, they were the best handling machine of yesteryear, not just my opinion but a known fact, that's is why the cafe racer customisers used the Norton Featherbed frame (Wideline and Slimline) coupled with the Norton Roadholder forks and and grafted in a Triumph T110 or a T120 lump welcome in the TRITON.

The original Dommie 99 turned out 31 BHP, thinking about it makes me smile.
My 1959 BSA Super Rocket (650 A10 parallel twin) turned out a meagre 40 BHP, the Triumph Bonneville 1968 650cc at 46 BHP and the Thruxton Bonneville 53 BHP.
Compared with the FZS 600 around 97 BHP.  :lol  Yeah Fazer rules.

Check out the polished aluminium bicycle pump under the fuel tank of the Dommie LOL
« Last Edit: 16 October 2017, 09:04:28 pm by tommyardin »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: 16 October 2017, 10:05:49 pm »
Tommy,
The Norton looks like a limited edition,only 50 made, Domiracer SS 961cc.Only about 3 years old and worth £30k plus if it's a genuine one.Spondon swing arm,Ohlins suspension and Brembo brakes.I'd love it. :lol
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: 16 October 2017, 10:37:39 pm »
Tommy,
The Norton looks like a limited edition,only 50 made, Domiracer SS 961cc.Only about 3 years old and worth £30k plus if it's a genuine one.Spondon swing arm,Ohlins suspension and Brembo brakes.I'd love it. :lol

Robbo , I think you are correct there, on side panel it says #45.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: 16 October 2017, 11:09:28 pm »
slappy, that's one nice looking Norton (silver tank one)
fire never sleeps

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: 17 October 2017, 08:41:04 am »
I know, if I sell both family cars, my Fazer and borrow £15000, I could just about afford one, then wife wouls probably get it as part of the divorce settlement that would surely happen  :lol

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: 17 October 2017, 03:39:24 pm »
A ride on the 600 to Trawsfynydd, Dolgellau, Bala, Cup of coffee by the lake, then back to Wrexham, via Ruthin.
Still a bit breezy, 9 degrees in Bala. The lake car park was flooded a couple of days ago but ok today. A lovely, traffic free ride.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: 22 October 2017, 09:12:39 pm »
Had to wait until all threat of rain had passed ( as I do ) so finally got out at 4pm for a 2 hour blatt
I SO NEED TO GET MY WINTER GLOVES OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: 22 October 2017, 09:47:15 pm »
Nothing.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: 23 October 2017, 11:12:47 am »
Nothing.

That's actually quite something!  :lol

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: 23 October 2017, 11:18:15 am »
Thought I'd try out one of the Halfords 120% brighter headlight bulbs seeing as they've been on 'sale' for the past 9 or 10 times I've been in there. Can't say I agree with the 120% brighter part but it's definitely and improvement over the original and its a much whiter light which I prefer.

I've been through all those 120 / 200% brighter bulbs, when I was into all that with the car. Ultra / Osram / Philips etc...
On the whole I was left quite disappointed. Just wasn't as bright or white as I had expected. Good to see you've achieved nice results.

HID's are another matter however! But then you are dealing with the legalities (or lack of), bad light reflection (from a incandescent reflector etc), too hot for the light housing, MOT grey area, etc.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: 24 October 2017, 11:32:38 pm »

I've been through all those 120 / 200% brighter bulbs, when I was into all that with the car. Ultra / Osram / Philips etc...
On the whole I was left quite disappointed. Just wasn't as bright or white as I had expected. Good to see you've achieved nice results.

HID's are another matter however! But then you are dealing with the legalities (or lack of), bad light reflection (from a incandescent reflector etc), too hot for the light housing, MOT grey area, etc.
I am led top believe that LED bulbs are the way forward.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: 24 October 2017, 11:53:48 pm »

I am led top believe that LED bulbs are the way forward.

L.e.ds are great for indicators and brake lights but as far as I'm aware they aren't any good as headlights due to the focused nature of the light beam they produce? Then tend to shine directly away from the bulb with little to no dispersion. Thats why (as far as i know) no manufactures use them in headlights Only DRL's?

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7215 on: 25 October 2017, 08:36:17 am »
^ Also in different lighting conditions, for example dusk or sunset, a regular incandescent bulbs appears brighter (during that mid-light phase).

This morning... gingerly rode to work in the rain!  :'(  forecast said lovely sunny day today too!
I know, a wet road shouldn't mean a slippery road, but get a little tense riding in the wet (fear of a wheel sliding out).  :rolleyes

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: 25 October 2017, 09:35:44 pm »

Is that a Dominator 99 600cc lump? or a Commando

This attached picture was nicked from Google Images, always fancied a Dommie as a young man, they were the best handling machine of yesteryear, not just my opinion but a known fact, that's is why the cafe racer customisers used the Norton Featherbed frame (Wideline and Slimline) coupled with the Norton Roadholder forks and and grafted in a Triumph T110 or a T120 lump welcome in the TRITON.

The original Dommie 99 turned out 31 BHP, thinking about it makes me smile.
My 1959 BSA Super Rocket (650 A10 parallel twin) turned out a meagre 40 BHP, the Triumph Bonneville 1968 650cc at 46 BHP and the Thruxton Bonneville 53 BHP.
Compared with the FZS 600 around 97 BHP.  :lol  Yeah Fazer rules.

Check out the polished aluminium bicycle pump under the fuel tank of the Dommie LOL

Obviously this isn't as rare as that one yiur on about but this one has come up for sale in York

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/norton-dominator-88-500ss/1272495874

Looks all the same to me haha

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: 26 October 2017, 03:31:39 pm »
Fitted some real carbon fibre rad covers to the FZ1N.

Now it looks just a little bit more badass!

https://youtu.be/9-faYjojOWU

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: 26 October 2017, 03:54:05 pm »

I like your videos. You've gained a subscriber 👍

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: 26 October 2017, 05:12:56 pm »
Then I fitted a Storm Oval end can...

And took the old girl for a ride to the seaside!!

[/size]

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: 26 October 2017, 05:17:23 pm »

I like your videos. You've gained a subscriber 👍

Cheers Dude!!

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: 27 October 2017, 08:14:00 pm »

Took advantage of the fine weather today and had a whizz around Kent. In the spring I started a list of biker caffs I'd never been to before, so ticked the last one off today, the Blue and White Café on the A20, just out of Ashford on the right hand side. Until recently was run by Leon Camier's Mum, and fortunately the new owners have left up the photos plotting Leon's racing career, so keeping the biker "feel" to the place.
The low sun was a bit of a pain at times, but still a great day to be out. :thumbup 
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

mrMoog

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: 02 November 2017, 05:04:01 pm »
Currently off work for half term so decided an early morning full wash n wax then Back to black on all the plastic as was looking a tad grey especially the mirrors. Sun shining so a cheeky blast up to Kirby Lonsdale and back, would've been rude not to. Seen a silver fazer 1000 04 reg whilst up there too. Happy days!

gicut58

• CBT Wobbler
  • gicut58
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 650
    • View Profile
    • gicut58
« Reply #7223 on: 04 November 2017, 11:42:28 am »
shhh.....don't tell anyone.......sold it.........

to the chap I who wanted it when I bought it, so its gone to a good home.....

If its all right with you chaps I'll hang about, this site has often given me a good chuckle and I've even entered the 'My Fazer with/next to...etc' Challenge once or twice, which has been fun.

I've gone to the Dark Side and bought this:

Ex - FZS600 ‘03,  now Versys 650 '14
Status S2, GB Shuttle 6.0,TC Helicon, Cubase an' other stuff

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: 04 November 2017, 04:48:55 pm »

I fitted a couple of extra LED projector lights to the crash bars today. They were only £12 inc postage. I won't know how good they are until I ride in the dark but they look pretty good so far. They come with an independent switch so I can turn them off.
One thing I don't like (and it wasn't mentioned in the advert) is that every third time you switch them on they flash like a strobe, so you have to switch them off and back on again for a steady light. It just makes me wonder why? What ever possessed the manufacturer to put a strobe into a set of lights intended for a vehicle?

I fitted a pair of stainless steel radiator side guards which replace the plastic OE ones. I only fitted them because they came with a job lot of spares that I bought from the previous owner. Seemed daft to leave them in the box unused.

After removing the standard mirrors I was left wondering how to cover the bolt holes in the fairing. I was going to buy some covers but they all looked a bit crap and they are darned expensive for what they are. So I bunged in four little LED's which flash with the indicators. I don't know if they shine up very well in daylight but they do at night - I had bought the LED's to use as indicator repeaters because the one in the dash shines green and is not in my line of sight while riding, I hate leaving my indicator on for countless miles and I found this was happening. I've mounted a couple of LED's in the fairing near the screen and they are very noticeable. A big improvement for about £1