Date: 19-04-24  Time: 21:01 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1595798 times)

Jbizzle

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #7075 on: 18 July 2017, 12:20:23 pm »
Replaced It!! Picking a fresh one up tomorrow with just 17k on the clock...

Not sure what to do with my current one, sell as is or parts. It's never let me down but is now sitting on 98500 miles and looks it. R1 forks, bmw s1000 shock, r1 rear wheel with no torque arm...

Is there a guide to the R1 front end conversion?
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #7076 on: 18 July 2017, 09:31:58 pm »
I finally got an extension Allen Key long enough to get at that one annoying bolt on the Airbox so I could remove it just to adjust the clutch cable (bloody stupid design!)

I had also planned on checking the air filter, only to find that whilst 5 of the 6 bolts would come undone easily enough, number 6 would not move and I ended up stripping the grooves on the bolt head when I tried too hard :(

I couldn't be bothered to get the Dremel and put a new groove in the head, so I decided to give the adjusted clutch cable a test by going around the block.

70 miles counts as "around the block", doesn't it? :D

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: 18 July 2017, 09:33:34 pm »
got a few miles in the sunshine ,,enjoying the renthal bars so far feels very nimble,also dropped it to the shop to have the fork seals replaced on the new forks ,yes thats a crutch strapped to the side of it  :lol 
please god let the sun keep shining

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: 19 July 2017, 09:03:20 pm »
Prepped Liz's Thou for its MOT - new Pilot Road 4 for the rear, brake overhaul (all 3 calipers), took apart, cleaned & greased all shock linkages, fitted R6 shock and dog bones (with temp 2.5mm spacers for the too mount), cleaned lubed and adjusted the chain and lubed everything in sight (and out of sight). Then decided to change the oil and filter while I was on with cleaning the engine - and finally gave the whole bike a clean and polish.

She looks good for a 16yr old bike.

« Last Edit: 19 July 2017, 09:08:42 pm by Millietant »

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: 20 July 2017, 12:18:39 am »
Just back from a trip around Northern France, Belgium, Holland, 12 days 1560 miles later 2 up fully loaded and my trusty 88000 mile Fazer 600 didn't miss a beat even when pushed fully loaded on a few Motorways.  :woot
Took in Mont St Michel, Beach in Granville, (watching a 12 metre high tide come in was interesting) the Musee Somme 1916 in Albert, wild traffic and blocked roads due to accidents in Belgium (glad I was on the bike, even rode down the wrong way down a slip road when everything was stopped dead due to a second accident on the detour route  :eek ) and finally made it to our goal, an Andre Rieu concert in Maastricht. :) Left my camera in the Hotel when we left for the concert  :'(
Yes, Belgium does have the worst signage and road system in europe, but once you know it then it is not an issue. :rolleyes
No sat nav used just a map in the tank bag, but did resort to the GPs in my phone to get out of Mons in Belgium after being there for over an hour when 4 exit routes were blocked due to accidents. Saw later in the news it took 4 hours to clear the accidents and another hour to clear the traffic back log.
Only rain we got was the crappy drizzle/fog from Cardiff to Carnew when heading for the 2:45am ferry home from in Pembroke,(sorry Fraser, but thought better of calling to your house after midnight  :D ) which added half an hour to the journey time from Dover. The trip was Cork, Rosslare, Cherburg, Ducey (4 nights), Albert (2 nights), Valkenburg (4 Nights), Calais, Dover, Pembroke, Rosslare, Cork.
Need to spend more time in Albert to visit the memorials, Museum took nearly 3 hours to walk around. A very emotional experience and we will be returning for the 100 year anniversary. Even more emotional for my wife whose Grandfather died in Salonica just 4 months before the war ended.
Pictures are:
the bunch of flowers for my wife Ellen  :lol
Before and after the war pictures of the village of Poziers taken in the museum  :(
The concertin full swing  :)
and
finally my trusty steed and Ellen after our 660 mile return journey in 24 hours.  :D

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7080 on: 20 July 2017, 05:56:06 pm »
Had her booked in for some new tyres this morning and wouldn't ya know.... pissing down but not liking to let people down i went for it anyway.
Had the rear spin up on me at 50mph on the way homr which made my rear twitch bit other than that it was smooth sailing. Not planning on scrubbing in new tyres in the rain again though

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: 20 July 2017, 06:53:20 pm »

Had her booked in for some new tyres this morning and wouldn't ya know.... pissing down but not liking to let people down i went for it anyway.
Had the rear spin up on me at 50mph on the way homr which made my rear twitch bit other than that it was smooth sailing. Not planning on scrubbing in new tyres in the rain again though
:eek Back in April '96 I  was picking up my first brand new bike, a 1200 Bandit and it started to snow just as I left the dealer, less than a mile down the road someone in a car pulled out in front of me, brand new tyres, brand new brakes and a brand new bike in the snow, that was a memorable few seconds  :lol
« Last Edit: 20 July 2017, 06:54:13 pm by vinnyb »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: 23 July 2017, 05:31:55 pm »
Balanced the carbs on the mighty thou....well I was going to but conected the gauges and all was spot on    :D

i noticed before i started that the hoses on the gauges were a bit perished and brittle so i zooomed upto to the local garden centre which also has a" pond life centre" and bought 3m of  4mm tubing for a grand total of £2.97.... bargain  :thumbup

went for blue as i know carb balancing can be a really  slooooooooooow process    :lol
« Last Edit: 23 July 2017, 05:33:31 pm by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: 23 July 2017, 06:18:34 pm »
Turned 89000 miles on the 600 today  :) running like a clock.
Overtook a CB1300, an SP2 and a Haybusa on a roundabout,  the R1200GS that was with me also passed them, the Haybusa managed to pass the R1200GS on the straight bit, but could not catch me before the next long left sweeping slip road   :lol When we stopped a mile later at the end of the run we were on, they were impressed with the handling of the "1000", the look of shock when I told them it was a 600 was priceless.  :lol They were none to happy being passed by the R1200GS either :lol

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: 28 July 2017, 06:37:59 pm »
3 hours spent washing and polishing it, chain cleaned and lubed, oil topped up (only needed a sip after the last Euro tour). 3 foccin hours! Oooh, my back!  :'(

Tis very shiny though  :D

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: 29 July 2017, 10:15:14 am »
breakfast at loomies with the mighty thou....
« Last Edit: 29 July 2017, 10:16:11 am by red98 »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: 29 July 2017, 03:47:55 pm »

Needs more bacon.
Did the bike sit opposite you?  :D

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: 29 July 2017, 06:56:23 pm »

What Loomies is that? Not the one in Hampshire at West Meon is it?
If it was I would have not been happy as their brekkies are usually much bigger than that.

I love their Cheesy Bacon Chips, also their Loomies Chips (Ordinary chips and sweet potato chips mixed together)
and the portions are good.
Anyway I am sat at home and now dribbling thinking about all that cholesterol that could be coursing through my arteries! Mmmmmmm.

What did I do with my Fazer today? New plugs and tightened up the HT to cap leads, as I took her out for a blast out on Thursday and she bogged down for a millisecond when I wound her open. New plugs as stated and took a trip to Loomies in West Meon late this morning for a cuppa tea and a test run, all seems well.

There seemed to be a Suzuki day going on, Big Suzuki marquee with guys test ridding a variety of Suzuki's from Loomies bike park (Noticed I never mentioned the term Car Park)

Left Loomies took a quick blast back towards Petersfield and home, noticed in my mirror about a mile after leaving Loomies a big black naked bike, dunno what it was 
following me, so I gave the Fazer some beans and lost him along the A272, got out onto the A3 North bound at Petersfield and traffic was a bit hectic with cars in both lanes and no one going to move over and the black naked caught up (We are now only doing about 70) I could hear him behind me blipping his throttle, so first opportunity i was into the the slow lane and giving it beans up the inside, he did not follow to start with but then joined me. Just after Ham Barn roundabout he went by me, I could tell he was not comfortable and he almost instantly took the next turning off which just happened to be my turning as well. Well, now we are back on the twisties, he slowed and waved me by, I stopped about a mile down the road and waited for him but he never showed I think he turned round and went back the way he came.

FAZER = 1

Big Black Naked = 0

He certainly had me on the straight power wise, but small balls! LOL!     
« Last Edit: 29 July 2017, 06:59:27 pm by tommyardin »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: 29 July 2017, 07:21:09 pm »
Yep , loomies west meon , brekkie was good , fried slice is hiding lots........suzuki boys were there when I was , test rides very popular , not for me though......ive got a FAZER  ;)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: 29 July 2017, 09:39:24 pm »
Yep , loomies west meon , brekkie was good , fried slice is hiding lots........suzuki boys were there when I was , test rides very popular , not for me though......ive got a FAZER  ;)

Same as that  :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: 30 July 2017, 04:48:51 pm »
Although the roads were wet first thing, todays brekkie run notched up 210 miles around Kent and Sussex. Took the time to dribble in the last litre of fuel and clocked 182.4 before the light came on, whereas normally that happens around the 160 mark. Need to get out and give it a good clean before sorting out my camping stuff for next weeks trip to Cornwall. Proper job.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: 30 July 2017, 04:51:48 pm »
Shame we couldn't have met up robbo.have a good trip mate

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: 30 July 2017, 04:55:42 pm »
Mel,
If you can get Friday off, bung your marquee on the bike and come with us.Two days of live bands and beer,come home Sunday.

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: 30 July 2017, 05:29:40 pm »
Sounds great mate but I've got to work this weekend unfortunately but then have a week off. Have a good one mate and don't drink to much. :thumbup 

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: 30 July 2017, 05:45:50 pm »
Ok Mel, no worries. I'll leave the pints of wine to someone else :rollin :rollin .

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7095 on: 30 July 2017, 06:50:31 pm »
 :lol  Robbo, seeing at Kitcrazy can't make it, ask him if he'll lend you his 4 man tent. It packs up really small and compact  :rolleyes :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: 30 July 2017, 09:12:03 pm »
Oh, the one that fits in a bum bag you mean.They're so popular they've sold out...............thank goodness  :lol .

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: 30 July 2017, 09:35:33 pm »
Piss takers  :rollin :rollin :rollin

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: 30 July 2017, 10:47:03 pm »
Ventured into new territory for me... removed the forks...changed the oil and reassembled including dropping them down slightly in the clamps. Was helped by a Haynes manual and previous posts on here keeping me right!

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: 31 July 2017, 01:52:03 pm »

Arse! Dropped it this morning when putting it on the centrestand.
The surface was sloping away from me which always makes it awkward, full tank of fuel too making it a bit more top heavy. By the time I realised it was going over there was foc all I could do about it.
RH mirror snapped off and indicator pushed through the fairing, plus a scrape to the tank. Plus something in my back gave a twinge so doubtless I'll be feeling that properly tomorrow. :'(