Date: 28-03-24  Time: 23:37 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1586062 times)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #7050 on: 22 June 2017, 01:43:51 pm »
Sailed through mot with the obligatory once a year worn tyre advise  :D
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: 24 June 2017, 06:36:42 pm »
Replaced It!! Picking a fresh one up tomorrow with just 17k on the clock...

Not sure what to do with my current one, sell as is or parts. It's never let me down but is now sitting on 98500 miles and looks it. R1 forks, bmw s1000 shock, r1 rear wheel with no torque arm...
Intentionally left blank

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: 26 June 2017, 10:15:13 pm »
was bored so started to tidy up the front end, forks need to come off ,,sourced forks ,brake disc and lights locally and am gonna try and make use of an old damaged nose fairing i had lying around, im trying to straighten the damaged stay that holds the lights but its a big ask,,anyone here have one they would part with ???  need a set of clocks also,,cheers guys

please god let the sun keep shining

Lord_D

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZXR750R
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: 28 June 2017, 10:24:35 am »
Just picked up my first Yamaha and first Fazer (Gen 1 thou), with full Ohlins internals front and rear shock.

I need to set proper sag all round and get things right, but even backing off the rear preload and a couple of clicks less compression front and rear has already made a difference for my style/taste.

Happy days.
Nullius in Verba | Per Ardua Surgo

MMCMME

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: 30 June 2017, 04:17:14 pm »
Bike just clocked over 30k so thought I would give the valves a check.

Ordered a few shims which arrived today.

Also ordered new stainless exhaust studs (gona be such a laugh trying to remove old ones), new coolant and some shiney Simoniz engine enamel, may as well do the whole lot while she's in bits!
« Last Edit: 30 June 2017, 04:17:52 pm by MMCMME »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: 02 July 2017, 06:17:45 pm »
Changed the oil and took the rear wheel in for a new tyre. Another Euro trip imminent methinks  :)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: 03 July 2017, 01:24:59 am »
Changed the oil and took the rear wheel in for a new tyre. Another Euro trip imminent methinks  :)

Saturday for me  :) oh wait a minute,[size=78%] let the heavens open [/size] :rolleyes

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: 04 July 2017, 09:00:50 pm »

Saturday for me  :) oh wait a minute,[size=78%] let the heavens open [/size] :rolleyes
See youve now booked friday, attempting to get ahead of me ;)  lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: 07 July 2017, 07:04:44 pm »
Washed and polished the old girl and went for a blast to the beach.
Beautiful day nice and warm not a cloud in the sky at the beach spent the afternoon reading my kindle in the sun.

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: 09 July 2017, 05:16:15 pm »
polished my downpipes and put the exhaust and rear pegs back on just waiting on a set of handlebars to arrive "758 ultralows" keen to see how they feel,,also waiting on my front wheel to be repaired ,,clocks and stay for holding the lights on the way from italy, had my old original fairing plastic welded and painted so its starting to come together  :D ,,couldnt bring myself to let it go,,,not with a years tax anyway  :lol

please god let the sun keep shining

MMCMME

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: 09 July 2017, 06:07:03 pm »
Finally have her all back together  :D

Valves shimmed, plugs changed, coolant changed, exhaust studs drilled out and replaced with stainless, front of engine painted and a general clean of all areas I cant normally get to.

Throttle body sync tomorrow!

Before and after pics! Not perfect but much better than before :)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #7061 on: 10 July 2017, 02:49:45 am »
I wanted to finally get the clutch cable adjusted, only to find that, to remove the airbox (which you need to do to get to the adjuster after you've taken all the slack out on the one by the clutch lever), you've got to undo an Allen bolt which is about 6" in from the nearest available point, but you've only got a 4" Allen Key to do it! :(

So I said screw it and went out for a nice ride from Portsmouth, up through World's End, along the A32 and Morestead Road to Winchester, then back along the A272 to Loomies, only to find that I'd arrived about 5 minutes after they closed.

Oh well, it was a great ride and, even though I'd not had the chance to do much similar riding for ages, I wasn't too rusty :thumbup

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: 10 July 2017, 06:06:10 am »
Went for a blast down to the coast Sunday afternoon, spent a couple of hours on the beach reading my kindle, ridiculously busy, I think there were more people there than there were pebbles.
Quick thrash back home, engine nice and hot so did an oil drain and new filter. Need to purchase some oil today to refill the old girl.
To be honest the oil that came out was pretty clean with about 3.5 to 4K on it.

Heard lots on here from different guys about oils, some say that there are some cheaper options out there from lesser known companies, but, I think I will pay premium prices and stick to what I have always used 'Shell Advance' motor cycle oil fully synthetic.
Even if it is not any better than cheaper options it gives me confidence knowing it is a premium oil.

Monday morning now, shit nights sleep, serves me right it was self inflicted as a group of 8 of us went to the Madhuban Tandoori Restaurant in Liss last night and sampled their delicious fare, well more than sampled pigged out is more accurate, not forgetting their delicious Cobra lager. So the upshot is for me at least is 'Do not over eat on spicy food a few hours before bedtime.

Well at least I am up early to put my fly fishing tackle in my van, my Son and I are off to try catch a few trout at Meon Springs Fly Fishery today.

Get oil on way home and replenish the old girl. Take a bike ride to Loomies tonight to grab a coffee and chat with some guys about all sorts of shite and look at the bikes.

Sounds like a good day to me.   

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: 12 July 2017, 07:08:26 pm »
Had her back on the dyno. Full custom map this time. Purring like a kitten now.
Also booked her in for some new boots next week. Gonna try out the Pirellis this time 🤔

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: 17 July 2017, 06:42:09 am »
Changed the oil and filter  and topped up the coolant on the mighty thou , temp warning light came on the other day , first time thats happened , coolant was a little low and a bit discoloured , not been changed since I painted thd engine a while back , think ill drain , flush and refill for peace of mind  ;)

« Last Edit: 17 July 2017, 06:45:46 am by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7065 on: 17 July 2017, 08:34:15 am »
A 175mile  breakfast run for me yesterday taking in Surrey, Sussex and Kent. Breakfast at The Ranch in Wingham, and very nice it was too.All done on one tank,so obviously wasn't going fast enough. :lol
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: 17 July 2017, 07:35:10 pm »
You got a 600 aswell as the thou ROBBO     :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: 17 July 2017, 08:44:02 pm »
I know, I couldn't believe it 176.5 and the light is not on. Admittedly I did make the effort to squeeze in  the last litre or so when I filled up, which I don't normally bother with :lol .
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: 17 July 2017, 09:30:25 pm »
Yeh . Been doing that myself  lately.....just dribbling it in to the brim , makes a big difference to tank range and also upsets the cagers waiting to use the pump   :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: 17 July 2017, 09:34:55 pm »
Riding home from work today on my trusty 600 chains making a bit of a racket , on the centre stand and check adjustment , looked ok but found on hell of a tight spot , slackened it off a bit and is now running smooth......cheap chain , DID next time   :thumbup

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: 17 July 2017, 09:59:45 pm »
One 10 mm bolt on gear change and a few allen screws its worth just checking the sprocket nut if the chain set was making a lot of noise, just as a precaution, 20 minutes off and on again, as against engine strip down and a shed full of expense if its gone tits up down there

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: 17 July 2017, 10:06:48 pm »
One 10 mm bolt on gear change and a few allen screws its worth just checking the sprocket nut if the chain set was making a lot of noise, just as a precaution, 20 minutes off and on again, as against engine strip down and a shed full of expense if its gone tits up down there

If its clean enough in there you can actually see the nut if you lay on your back with a torch - or at least you can see if its on- like this
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: 17 July 2017, 10:33:00 pm »
Thats excatly what I did FAZERSHARP .....not surprisingly mine is nowhere near as clean as yours , doing a bit of maintenance on the mighty thou at the moment , want to finish that before I fit new chain and sprockets to the 600 , hopefully the small adjustment will do for now.....

been an expensive few months , new jacket , boots , helmet , tyres and service items for the thou and now I need new c&s for the 600 and the tyres are looking past their best.. :\ .......need to get out more and get my monies worth  :thumbup

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: 17 July 2017, 11:14:42 pm »
Thats excatly what I did FAZERSHARP .....not surprisingly mine is nowhere near as clean as yours , doing a bit of maintenance on the mighty thou at the moment , want to finish that before I fit new chain and sprockets to the 600 , hopefully the small adjustment will do for now.....

been an expensive few months , new jacket , boots , helmet , tyres and service items for the thou and now I need new c&s for the 600 and the tyres are looking past their best.. :\ .......need to get out more and get my monies worth  :thumbup
The picture challenge is still waiting -- race you
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: 18 July 2017, 07:22:00 am »

New rear tyre being fitted this morning PR4, front still good and that is after 12500 kms/7800miles.There was still a bit of life left in the rear, okay bit flat down the middle but plenty on the important bits. It was just about legal but got pulled by the Gendarmes and was given the choice either €200 fine or new tyre. Tyres are not cheap in France this rear is costing me €180 fitted ouch!!!!

MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer