Date: 20-04-24  Time: 03:38 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1595951 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #7000 on: 10 June 2017, 05:43:38 pm »
Fitted new headlight and fairing infil panels to my boxeye , both rattling like mad due to loose/ worn bulb holders and broken lugs.....nice and quiet now   :thumbup
One, is never going to be enough.....

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: 10 June 2017, 06:04:38 pm »
MOT'd - passed as usual.  :D
Found out that over the last 12 months I'd only done 4000 miles - gutted as the year before I'd covered nearly 10K. Not as much as some peeps I know.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: 13 June 2017, 06:39:09 am »
Re-newed the mighty thou's insurance and ordered a set of michelins , an expensive day so as a reward I went for a 50 mile blast around the oxfordshire countryside   :)

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: 13 June 2017, 07:17:10 am »
Re-newed the mighty thou's insurance and ordered a set of michelins , an expensive day so as a reward I went for a 50 mile blast around the oxfordshire countryside   :)

and a well earned reward that is  :lol the wife wouldn't understand that but thats because she isn't a biker  :lol
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

mrMoog

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: 14 June 2017, 08:55:18 pm »
Stunning day so took it for a run.

Chris

I really do like the look of a belly pan on the Frazer, these pics give me a good idea of how mine would look with one. Seen them on eBay but scared to take the plunge in case it's rubbish quality.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #7005 on: 16 June 2017, 12:09:20 pm »
Took it for its MOT.

Passed with the usual advisory for the headset bearings being notchy :thumbup

One of these years I'll have to get together the money to get them replaced... :/

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: 16 June 2017, 06:51:51 pm »
Took her for a good belting. Front end still getting very light at high speed though so really need to get my suspension set up properly. I don't suppose anyone knows of a good place to get that done in the North Lincolnshire or South Yorkshire area?

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: 16 June 2017, 07:54:50 pm »
Started to digging the footings out for the wife's new conservatory which is what it cost me to get the FZ1. The foocing ends I will go too, to get another bike. Long soak in a Radox bath is called for.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: 18 June 2017, 09:59:59 am »
 :D   Mmmmmmmmmm . almost too good to use   :D

nellyt5

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: 18 June 2017, 07:55:41 pm »

today I swapped my stock fz8 levers for some nice shorty ones from my mates mt07, yes straight swap no issues

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: 18 June 2017, 10:15:30 pm »
:D   Mmmmmmmmmm . almost too good to use   :D

been out this evening scrubbing in the new pr2's 82 miles on some twisty A roads......i forgot how good these tyres are , old ones were well past their  best , should of replaced them miles ago , great ride tonight , confidence fully restored......think i'll do the same tomorrow  evening  ;)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: 19 June 2017, 04:22:12 pm »
Washed off 18 day's worth of baked-on bugs and shite. I think some of the bugs are now permanent features of the paintwork  :\

Got too hot and sweaty, polishing will have to wait until tomorrow.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: 19 June 2017, 06:32:42 pm »
Went down to Southsea and had a swim in the sea, was lovely and warm after the initial get the testicles wet.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: 19 June 2017, 07:07:56 pm »
Did the bike run ok in the sea, Tommy?  :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #7014 on: 19 June 2017, 11:43:57 pm »
Went down to Southsea and had a swim in the sea, was lovely and warm after the initial get the testicles wet.

At least they've fixed the Eastney sewage pumping station and extended the outfall now.

The old joke was that you didn't swim in the Solent at Portsmouth, you just went through the motions... ;)

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #7015 on: 20 June 2017, 08:25:57 am »

At least they've fixed the Eastney sewage pumping station and extended the outfall now.

The old joke was that you didn't swim in the Solent at Portsmouth, you just went through the motions... ;)
is that in the naturist part of the beach?
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: 20 June 2017, 10:27:24 am »
Did the bike run ok in the sea, Tommy?  :lol

Hiya Hedge,
First time i have ridden the bike for about 6 or 7 weeks, although I was away for a couple of weeks.
Been having trouble with my wrists (No rude comments thank you tommyardon and all that)

I was self employed brickie most of my working life, 70 now, and I now suffer with what has been classed as 'Impact and Rotation Damage' basically the joints in my wrists have worn out, Using breakers, swinging pic-akes, bricklaying and general hard manual work, the medics want to do bone fusion that will stop the pain issue but will limit me in other areas (Back to the tommyardon now :guitar ) but have decided against fusion at least for the foreseeable future.
Anyway it's been great to be out on the Fazer for the last few days.
The Old Girl has not been started in at least 5 weeks, so full of confidence summer jacket on (Not a white Feminine one like some very slim Fazer owners wear I hasten to add) Bucket on my head, boots and gloves on and I head out to the shed, no choke, no touching of the throttle,quick poke of the button and she burst into life couple of quick blips on the twist-grip and she settled to rhythmical purr.
It has been great to be back on the Fazer I have probably done 200 odd miles in the last 3 days, down to the beach (That's your initial question answered Hedge)
and generally squirting around. Took her up to high speeds a few times in fact I did 65 mph twice both at the same time :lol :stop  [/size]

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: 20 June 2017, 10:36:09 am »

Yeah! I heard they had a few problems there a few years back, but a lot of work has been done to the system and now the beaches have a good report, the sea yesterday was mill pool calm and absolutely crystal clear was great to swim in, once you got over the initial chill of getting your balls chilled. Sunday was manic down there hardly a spot on the beach, so I went down yesterday and was great plenty of room.   

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: 20 June 2017, 10:43:59 am »

Hi Robbie,
Yeah! that's the best part of the Southsea beach,  it's unusual not to find a spot on that beach unless it is a really really busy day, as I said in an earlier reply it was jammed packed full on Sunday, but yesterday being back to a normal working day it was fine. no sun tan lines on me. :eek :lol

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #7019 on: 20 June 2017, 10:56:27 am »

not been to that part of the beach for a couple of years, since an nurse friend of mine was living down here in fact , but as weathers good again may just put a towel in my top box so if I feel like it after work can just drop down there!

Hi Robbie,
Yeah! that's the best part of the Southsea beach,  it's unusual not to find a spot on that beach unless it is a really really busy day, as I said in an earlier reply it was jammed packed full on Sunday, but yesterday being back to a normal working day it was fine. no sun tan lines on me. :eek :lol
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7020 on: 20 June 2017, 11:02:02 am »

I was self employed brickie most of my working life -- swinging pic-akes,

What kind of a brick layer are you !!!

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: 20 June 2017, 05:40:28 pm »
Took the bike for a front break rebuild and chain and sprocket when I got to the garage there drilling the swing arm because one of the adjusters has snapped and if they can't get it out I'll have to buy another swing arm ffs not happy.😠

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: 20 June 2017, 06:32:13 pm »
Took the bike for a front break rebuild and chain and sprocket when I got to the garage there drilling the swing arm because one of the adjusters has snapped and if they can't get it out I'll have to buy another swing arm ffs not happy.😠

I've got a swing arm Mel if you need to go down that road. Bought it as I had a seized adjuster on mine but managed to free it off.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: 20 June 2017, 07:21:31 pm »

I was self employed brickie most of my working life -- swinging pic-akes,

What kind of a brick layer are you !!!

A retired one with no tan lines,  :eek
Wouldn't work for you Sharpie at 10 stone the sun would shine right through you  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Anyway Sharpie how are things up at the Manor? all well I hope.  :)

I was self employed nearly all my life, if you don't get the bricks down you don't get paid, and at one time (12 years) ran my own company 'Redtherm Builders Limited' had 13 guys working for me, we did everything from the ground works to the wiring, I had couple of Spreads (Plasters) on full time, a Chippie a Sparkie, and a Plumber and we all used to muck in if there was no plastering or wiring to do they all mucked in with the manual stuff and everyone got paid a full week, if they did not want to muck in they got paid for the days they worked at their trade, the beginning of a new build there aint no plastering to do or wiring and very little plumbing, the system I had very soon sorted out the chaff from the wheat.
In the end I had 13 brilliant guys working full time for me and I looked after them and they in turn looked after me.
I always paid about 12 -15 quid a day more than most and the guys were loyal. Back then a good trowel commanded £80 a day I would pay them £95, seems funny to think of that now as a good trowel commands £200 a day, I was getting £180 a day 3 years ago when I retired.
Seems strange a manual trades person with the earning capacity of 52K a year.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2017, 07:39:59 pm by tommyardin »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: 20 June 2017, 07:48:32 pm »
Finished the cleaning job, topped up the oil (overfilled it and had to drain some again  :rolleyes ); it used about 300ml on the Euro tour. Then a bimble around The Lakes in what it appears will be the last of the dry, sunny weather here for a few days. Actually, it was quite pleasant today, not too hot.