Date: 20-04-24  Time: 02:41 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1595923 times)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6800 on: 15 February 2017, 08:35:34 pm »
A moment of madness today, probably caused by the first bone dry road in ages, I gunned the 600 away from the lights on a very rare clear road and after 87000 miles it still pulls clean and smooth right to the red line in every gear except 6th.  :woot Well I ran out of road at 11500 in 6th :lol
Why would I ever want to change it  :D

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: 15 February 2017, 10:34:19 pm »
A moment of madness today, probably caused by the first bone dry road in ages, I gunned the 600 away from the lights on a very rare clear road and after 87000 miles it still pulls clean and smooth right to the red line in every gear except 6th.  :woot Well I ran out of road at 11500 in 6th :lol
Why would I ever want to change it  :D

Good man Unfazed :thumbup

Have been know to do the same myself, and your absolutely right about the power and performance of the FZS 600.
It's a great engine that loves to make its owner smile.

I was accelerating down a slip road the other day (A3M Northbound) and as I got to the motorway a lorry was in the slow lane so I backed off for him but he appeared to do the same so we were still in the same position just with both of us going a bit slower about 55 mph, I popped the old girl down 2 cogs and gunned it red lined it in forth and 5th and within a very short distance I was at 122 mph in 5th see attached a grab shot from my GoPro video.
If any police men  :stop look at this I have doctored the picture in Paintshop Pro as I am actually doing 30 mph.   
« Last Edit: 15 February 2017, 10:35:17 pm by tommyardin »

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: 15 February 2017, 11:18:48 pm »
jesus help us lads at yer age youd think ye should have more sense  :rollin :rollin :rollin
please god let the sun keep shining

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: 15 February 2017, 11:30:33 pm »
I still a babe in arms not 70 for another 3 weeks lol

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: 15 February 2017, 11:51:57 pm »
jesus help us lads at yer age youd think ye should have more sense  :rollin :rollin :rollin

As you know Downey I only fall off when going slow  :lol :lol :lol

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: 15 February 2017, 11:53:57 pm »

Once your past 60 the 3rd childhood comes into play :lol Isn't that right Tommy  :thumbup

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: 16 February 2017, 12:19:06 am »
Definitely, I love the feeling of blasting along and for my age I'm doing too bad. OK I don't scratch like I used to, many years ago used to grind the ends of the pegs off on the road, sparks flying everywhere, only problem was the pegs on the old BSA Super Rocket did not fold up on a hinge and if you drove them hard into the road the back wheel would run light or worse lift off the road then you were in deep doo doos, ended up in Guildford hospital a few times because of that. :eek  Certainly grinds the bark off the wrists, knees, hips and ankles getting dragged up the road trapped under an old Beezer.  :'(

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: 16 February 2017, 07:22:06 am »
So that's why you wanted the electronic gear display, 'cos you were actually in 3rd at the time and dropped down to 1st, hence the lovely clear still picture.  ;)
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: 16 February 2017, 08:32:23 am »
So that's why you wanted the electronic gear display, 'cos you were actually in 3rd at the time and dropped down to 1st, hence the lovely clear still picture.  ;)

LoL! Not sure about 11500 rpm in first.
I used that video grab frame because that was the revs that Unfazed mentioned in his post. My bike has done 34,000 miles now and will do 128 mph in 5th and just a tad over 140 in top, it will not quite get to the red line in top. Well that's what I have done been told  :bobby  you may be able to wring a couple more clicks out of her given the length of road and the size of the balls, but I happy with her.
I have been informed that the standard front sprocket is 15 tooth but noticed that mine has a 16 tooth front sprocket and was told that this sprocket configuration would make the bike better for mpg and touring but would soften the performance, acceleration in particular, I could not imagine it being quicker on the uptake than it is, under really hard acceleration say from 40 upwards in second the front wheel skips and pats the road as she wants to lift, and doing power clutch outs in second about 7,000 rpm the old girl rears up, frightens the s--t out of me, I don't do wheelies. I have a new Renthal 15 tooth front sprocket that I purchased a week or two ago, in the summer I might put it on to see what difference it does make.   :faz :thumbup

The above speeds are taken from my TomTom sat nav and not the Fazer speedo as she tends to be about 3 or 4 miles per hour on the generouse side, I have seen 144 mph on the speedo but as said it's generous, I was wondering if the sprocket size interfered with the speedo reading but it can't as speedo is on front wheel revolutions I believe.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2017, 08:40:17 am by tommyardin »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: 16 February 2017, 10:16:34 am »
Yes the speedo drive is on the front wheel. Didn't tell us you've got a 10 inch front wheel though.....

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6810 on: 16 February 2017, 10:46:53 am »
Yes the speedo drive is on the front wheel. Didn't tell us you've got a 10 inch front wheel though.....

Oh! Your right i did forget to mention that, I revisited my posts and read them right through and you are you correct as I do have a 10 inch front wheel and have recently fitted a 60 inch rear wheel, this way I am always going down hill and it make the bike much faster, and, at times just on shortish (Say 20 mile) journeys I don't even have to start the engine which really ups the mpg. The back tyre is a pig of a price though. 
one problem is it throws a bit of weight on your wrists
« Last Edit: 16 February 2017, 10:47:37 am by tommyardin »

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: 16 February 2017, 11:02:51 pm »

Oh! Your right i did forget to mention that, I revisited my posts and read them right through and you are you correct as I do have a 10 inch front wheel and have recently fitted a 60 inch rear wheel, this way I am always going down hill and it make the bike much faster, and, at times just on shortish (Say 20 mile) journeys I don't even have to start the engine which really ups the mpg. The back tyre is a pig of a price though. 
one problem is it throws a bit of weight on your wrists
Now we all know how you got a silver one 🏍 to show that speed  :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: 17 February 2017, 08:41:32 am »
 :thumbup   he he!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: 17 February 2017, 08:44:14 am »

Once your past 60 the 3rd childhood comes into play :lol Isn't that right Tommy  :thumbup

Not sure I remember back that far, Ha ha!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: 17 February 2017, 09:31:41 am »
Anyway its Friday and it looks like the sun is trying to shine.
I washed and polished and waxed the old girl yesterday, not quite sure why I did? As it wasn't even dirty, obviously too much time on my hands.

I use Auto Glym shampoo and liquid polish on her, but recently purchased a tin of Classic Car Wax from evilBay this stuff is incredible, brings my old PRIMER up like gloss finish. :eek  see the pic of the tank  :sun    Wow! shiny shiny I like shiny :lol
I now use that after shampoo and polish and of course the obligatory Autosol on the stainless and alloy.
It's about 9-30am and at about 11-30am I'm off for a blast to Loomies @ West Meon for a mug of tea and bacon cheesy chips for lunch and a chat with some of the old geezers about bikes and the things we did many many years ago, well at least those things that we still remember before the dementia set in.
Just had to look on Google to find out how to spell dementia FFS :'(
« Last Edit: 17 February 2017, 09:32:50 am by tommyardin »

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: 17 February 2017, 01:13:41 pm »
Tommy , for someone who owns a silver one there's a hell of lot of blue on that very tidy bike of yours  :)  which of course looks good but gets me wondering are you hiding a secret blue fazer fetish  :lol  you can admit it you're amongst friends who won't judge you

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: 17 February 2017, 04:18:23 pm »
Took it for its mot, which it passed of course, mot guy said it was a bike for the more " discerning biker" :D

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: 17 February 2017, 07:21:49 pm »
Tommy , for someone who owns a silver one there's a hell of lot of blue on that very tidy bike of yours  :)  which of course looks good but gets me wondering are you hiding a secret blue fazer fetish  :lol  you can admit it you're amongst friends who won't judge you

No no no! I am defo a silver man but I like the blue custom theme that I have going on.

Went down to Loomies Bikers Cafe @ West Meon today for lunch today and started talking with a guy in the Car/Bike park he turned up on a Kawasaki ZZR 1400 and his front brakes were crackling and the disks were red hot wand a blueish straw colour, he reckons he hit 175mph on the way to the cafe :eek .
Makes my old girl look slow. I did gun it this afternoon after I left Loomies I headed off to B & Q at Havant in Hampshire to get some of their infamous Micropore cleaning clothes they are brilliant and at £8 for 12 a good deal.

Anyway I was yakking on in FOC-U last night about the speeds the old girl can do and I have it exactly now after a rapid blast on the A3M today, at 10,000 RPM in 6th it does exactly 130 mph according to the speedo, but as mentioned yesterday the speedo is 4 MPH generous according to my Sat Nav, so 10,000 RPM =126 in top (6th) I did not try for any more as I want to stay within the law like a responsible citizen.

Sorry Mr :bobby   about all the typos in the above paragraph I always get the figures and rev numbers wrong, I think I have a sort of dyslexia. (spelt Dislikeya) see what I mean, I told you. :lol 

Lunch = Cheesy Bacon Chips with lots of salt and black pepper liberally coated with sweet chilli sauce. A Veritable Feast. :thumbup
« Last Edit: 17 February 2017, 08:01:23 pm by tommyardin »

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: 17 February 2017, 07:26:00 pm »
I was wondering what microfibre cleaning clothes were , now I know it was your dislikeya  :lol 

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: 17 February 2017, 07:53:46 pm »
Took it for its mot, which it passed of course, mot guy said it was a bike for the more " discerning biker" :D

The guy that does the MOT at your garage Slappy he also has dementia and dyslexia, he meant disabled biker.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: 17 February 2017, 08:09:17 pm »
I was wondering what microfibre cleaning clothes were , now I know it was your dislikeya  :lol

Dunno is it Micropore or Microfibre I think you might be right.

Yep! Microfibre, 6 for £4 great value they wash out nicely too.

Good old B&Q I'm a great fan.
Well I must be there are not many of us about that have 'You Can Do It When You B&Q It' tattooed on their arse  :eek
« Last Edit: 17 February 2017, 08:11:42 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: 17 February 2017, 08:15:33 pm »
Well I feel I have saturated this post in the forum in the last few days, you will be pleased to know I'm off to the Lake District with Her-in-Doors for a few day so I will silent as I will not have access  :'( 

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: 17 February 2017, 09:35:10 pm »
Fitted my new twin hose Hel front brake lines, serviced the calipers, bled them and bobs your uncle, well impressed with the power of the brakes now.
Then lacquered over the side graphics on my yellow paintwork.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: 18 February 2017, 10:18:37 am »
you will be pleased to know I'm off to the Lake District with Her-in-Doors for a few day so I will silent as I will not have access   
:woot :guitar
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: 18 February 2017, 10:20:13 pm »
Well I feel I have saturated this post in the forum in the last few days, you will be pleased to know I'm off to the Lake District with Her-in-Doors for a few day so I will silent as I will not have access  :'(

The poor woman .. did you see what he had for lunch  :eek
Cheesy bacon chips with sweet chilli sauce , imagine being in a car with him when that lot erupted into methane 💨💩  :lol