Date: 18-04-24  Time: 14:28 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1595021 times)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6525 on: 20 September 2016, 09:56:21 pm »
Right again  :thumbup

I'm thinking about doing the walk along the top soon. Lord knows how they maintain the path along the screes, but might do that too.

We didn't use any path, not for the faint hearted  :lol Along the top would be a lovely wander, once you don't go to close to the edge  :eek

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: 20 September 2016, 11:22:07 pm »
awesome pics dude , u sure know your way round a camera  :thumbup

Don't be fooled Downey, that Hedgetrimmer gets them pics off Google images, silly old bugger can't even get his leg over a bike saddle let alone anything else :eek

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: 21 September 2016, 10:28:23 am »

Don't be fooled Downey, that Hedgetrimmer gets them pics off Google images, silly old bugger can't even get his leg over a bike saddle let alone anything else :eek

In fact, I am just a figment of the internet's imagination, and don't actually exist in physical form  ;)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: 21 September 2016, 05:38:43 pm »

In fact, I am just a figment of the internet's imagination, and don't actually exist in physical form ;)   

Or maybe a frigment of the internet's imagination  :lol :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: 21 September 2016, 08:31:39 pm »
Made the mistake of putting the lining back in my Alpinestars suit yesterday.Did 230 miles around Kent today.Headcorn,Manston,Capel le Ferne finishing at the Oakdene.Absolutely melted.The low Sept. sun didn't help on the way home, but still a great day to be out.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: 21 September 2016, 08:46:04 pm »
Nice one Robbo, some of my favourite local roads around Headcorn way. Was at Capel le Ferne on Sunday too. Good fun going up the dual carriageway hill isn't it ?
I actually had a blast on the Fazer today. I remember Hedgetrimmer likened his to a comfortable old pair of slippers and that's exactly what it felt like today. Didn't go far, just stayed local but enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: 21 September 2016, 08:48:24 pm by dazza »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: 27 September 2016, 07:36:13 pm »
MOT time today.Passed ok,but was told as I have a dual seat but no rear footrests due to the high level link pipe I had made,they should have issued an advisory.Apparently if you have a dual seat or a strap across the middle of the saddle you must have rear footpegs.Learn something new every day.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: 28 September 2016, 12:01:36 am »
MOT time today.Passed ok,but was told as I have a dual seat but no rear footrests due to the high level link pipe I had made,they should have issued an advisory.Apparently if you have a dual seat or a strap across the middle of the saddle you must have rear footpegs.Learn something new every day.

Do you have to have two rear pegs if your Mrs has only got one leg?  :'(
Reminds me of a Peter Cook and Dudley Moore sketch  :lol

A one legged man applied to play the part of Tarzan in a film and Peter Cook said to him you seem to have a deficit for playing the part of Tarzan, namely one leg, your left leg is very nice and I have nothing against it, the trouble is neither do you.

I loved them two guys they were so funny.

Anyway my Mrs has not got one leg, poor bitch.
lol!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: 01 October 2016, 11:20:41 pm »
Today, about 500 miles around bonny Scotland:

What can I say? Fantastic roads, stunning scenery, beautiful weather (well, apart from the freezing bastid cold pea-souper through Glasgow to get there).  8)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: 02 October 2016, 07:02:03 am »
  Some great photos there :)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: 02 October 2016, 07:21:47 am »
Agree.......this one is brilliant

Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: 02 October 2016, 11:18:13 pm »
Main man Midden came round and balanced my carbs, then ragged the MT10 round the garden  :eek  ......Foccing hooligan !
« Last Edit: 02 October 2016, 11:23:22 pm by dazza »

moffmeister

• Boffie - Yaks it like it is
    Terminally Incontinent
    The Golden Bulge
    The only gay in the village
    Moff Minogue

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Bought a Caberg Duke
« Reply #6537 on: 03 October 2016, 11:01:30 am »
Tootled into Leeds and bought a Caberg Duke - wanted a reasonably priced flip front and this fitted the bill.

First impressions.

Yesterday - sunny and warm coming out of Leeds - what a revelation, great with flip raised and internal visor down (only slight issue when fully down the internal visor touches my nose - put me off initially in the shop but I decided to give it a try anyway).  Looked at some others but didn't want to spend £200-£300 and Duke seems to get good reviews (and comes with pinlock in box).  Fit is a little tight at the front - when flip down my chin can touch the front - have this with my Shoei XR-1100 also.  Other than that fit is great, very comfortable, not over keen on the neck fastener, would prefer D ring but guess will get used to it - certainly a cinch to remove.  Road with flip up to ca. 70 but <50 is probably limit.  Bonus with flip up is increased peripheral vision - good in the traffic.

Today: chilly (ish) ride into work - only very slight misting (nose) but less that the Shoei and despite the Shoei having neck and chin shroud the Duke was noticeably warmer.

Noise?  A little early to tell, a little more wind noise evident but overall I'd say actually quieter than the Shoei - with earplug in can't hear conversation but this is likely down to the padding being close to the ears (not any less comfortable).

Early days but for £145 seems like a good un!

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: 03 October 2016, 01:21:33 pm »
Had my Caberg Duke a year now, paid £135 for it  at  Bikegear  when it was closing down in Leeds, a bit of a coincidence :)
Like you the internal visor touched my nose but I don't even notice it now, flip up is great in traffic, I find anything over 40mph with it up and internal visor down is no good as I get wind blast directed underneath it straight into my eyes. My helmet before was also a Shoei, noise level seems to be the same but I do wear decent ear plugs all the time.

I had my doubts about the fastener also but in the shop I put the helmet on  and off half a dozen times and found it so easy, I would not like to use a double D ring now.

Two very small niggles, top air vent does not seem to do anything unlike the Shoei which worked very well and  the mesh in the front gather insects which are a bugger to clean out.

Overall very satisfied with it and after  a year and 4000 miles it still looks like new.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: 03 October 2016, 03:24:42 pm »

Looks like the Maffia are back in town. LOL!

I too tried a number of flip front buckets from £130 up to £300 plus.
The one I went for in the end was the 'LS2 FF393 Convert' bit pricey at £219, but, what I really liked about this bucket is that the flip front goes right over the top of the helmet and levels out just above the base of your neck at the back, so no wind drag what-so-ever and it the looks like an open faced space type helmet.
I tried a couple of other flips but anything above 60 MPH with the flip up dragged my head backwards and buffeted the Foc out of my head, plus so much wind noise, cos the flip when it was up caused a shed full of turbulence.
Only downside with any flip is it does weigh a tad more than a standard closed face jobby and is a little on the larger side. (Can you say that a 'LITTLE on the LARGER side')
I have retained my old Duchini cos its an old friend, and has never bounced up the road.
Had the LS2 for two years now and really pleased with it.

Stuff the double D ring fastening I just love the ratchet buckle type fastening.

The other good thing about a Flip is that Garages are not so opposed to then as the are full closed faced helmets, plus you can take a drink from a bottle without removing you bucket, I guess you could have a fag if you were that way inclined. By FAG I do actually mean a cigarette, I'm no vacuum cleaner salesman. :lol
« Last Edit: 03 October 2016, 03:27:07 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6540 on: 03 October 2016, 03:29:57 pm »
Bastids would not let me post another pic on the last over. :'(
The one from the rear of the bucket looks like something out of Star Wars or a really pissed off Teddy Bear.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: 03 October 2016, 05:42:49 pm »
Gave it a thorough wash and polish, checked lubes, chain adjustment and tyre pressures, ready for the off tomorrow. I've booked a couple of B&Bs in Scotland  :) ; gotta make use of this good weather while it lasts. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the bloody weathermen are right!

Tommyardin, a really pissed off Teddy Bear is kinda how I've always pictured you anyway  :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: 03 October 2016, 05:57:17 pm »
Foccing cheek  :eek :fish

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: 03 October 2016, 06:00:41 pm »

Got that sorted
Gave it a thorough wash and polish, trimmed the pubes, clipped toe nails, ready for the off tomorrow. I've booked a couple of Boys in Scotland  :)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: 03 October 2016, 06:23:28 pm »

Got that sorted
Gave it a thorough wash and polish, trimmed the pubes, clipped toe nails, ready for the off tomorrow. I've booked a couple of Boys in Scotland  :)

Well, apart from your quotes  :rollin

"Would you like another cup of tea vicar?"
"No thank you, but I'll have another choir boy, because this one's split.  :)  "
« Last Edit: 03 October 2016, 06:24:04 pm by Hedgetrimmer »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: 03 October 2016, 08:08:01 pm »

Got that sorted

Well, apart from your quotes  :rollin

"Would you like another cup of tea vicar?"
"No thank you, but I'll have another choir boy, because this one's split.  :)  "

:stop

Well there is nothing I can either
add or say to that.But what I have just done is 'push the boat out' Enough of me talking the talk, I am now walking the walk,Just ordered the Nitron R1 Mono-shock (Nitron Blue Spring) for the FZS600 Foxy.Looking into the emulators for the front end, and, wondering if I have what it takes to complete the task.I am OK with drilling out the holes and drilling new ones in the damper rods as I have access to a Pedestal/Pillar drill.I did a year of engineering when I first left school, capstan lathe, large flat bed lathe with manual centering chuck, Mag table grinder, Mill and Shaper. Mind you that was when I just left school (15) as I said and Noah had just got off the ark then, but i think I am up to the challenge.I am also going to be daring as I am not going to buy a second hand set of replacement Damper Rods.Many thanks to Kabab for all the info that he has made available on the forum either directly or through links.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2016, 08:38:17 pm by tommyardin »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: 03 October 2016, 08:58:06 pm »
what I have just done is 'push the boat out'

Well, hello sailor  ;)

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: 03 October 2016, 09:20:56 pm »
Got a few miles in down east cork direction ..great to be back on the fazer .almost forget how well it soaks up the shite roads..only getting my full confidence in the sportsmart tyres now after the spill but they seem quite good sofar....nose faring had a relatively clean break so have some good glue on it and looks reasonably OK other than the road rash .I'll leave it as is through the winter though.be fresh and clean for next summer then   :thumbup
« Last Edit: 03 October 2016, 09:26:40 pm by downey »
please god let the sun keep shining

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: 03 October 2016, 10:00:58 pm »
Hi Downey,
Glad to hear the old girl is up and running again.  :D
« Last Edit: 03 October 2016, 10:01:47 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: 03 October 2016, 10:03:26 pm »
what I have just done is 'push the boat out'

Well, hello sailor  ;)

Keep well clear of the Barrel