Date: 16-04-24  Time: 14:46 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1594429 times)

highlander

• Cager in Training
  • Be good, stay happy
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #3725 on: 20 December 2014, 07:20:36 pm »
The headlamp bulb holder was loose in the lamp so I removed the fairing, etc & it ended up looking like this.
Does anyone else have a bike that looks similar? Now the fairing is off, I think I'll paint the clocks mounting before refitting it all. Where does it stop?

highlander

• Cager in Training
  • Be good, stay happy
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: 20 December 2014, 07:24:49 pm »
The wife said to me "why are you doing all this now, you're not going to be able to ride it until the spring at least. "
I'm starting to do all the little jobs now so that it WILL be ready for the spring. Daft woman. Surely there can't be others.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: 20 December 2014, 07:46:18 pm »
Great to hear your back out on two wheels comfortably again Nick :)

Cheers Liam. Was sorry to read about your little spill, but at least you got away without injury. Someone said a short while back it's the time of the thous now. Looks like they were right  :\

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: 20 December 2014, 08:01:13 pm »
Pure bollox.... It's ALWAYS the time of not thinking
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: 20 December 2014, 08:23:06 pm »
Only a little spill, I'm over it and the bike suffered only minor cosmetic damage to inexpensive parts :)

All of my fun has been with my cars if you haven't seen the "What did you do with whatever else" thread :P

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #3730 on: 20 December 2014, 08:48:41 pm »
Fun.... Cars ??.....sorry liam I ain't understanding u there buddy.....
« Last Edit: 20 December 2014, 08:49:12 pm by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: 20 December 2014, 10:27:35 pm »
You don't know what you are missing ;)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: 20 December 2014, 11:06:47 pm »
He has had a few bad breaks also  :lol

Nebuchernezzer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Ktm250exc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: 23 December 2014, 04:54:48 am »
Went to adjust the chain yesterday arvo and discovered this....ho hum, at least i know a wreckers in Sydney that will send me a good axle and nut....along with a complete swingarm, but hey it was only $140 delivered so not tooooo bad.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: 23 December 2014, 10:54:03 am »
What am I looking at and how?
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3735 on: 23 December 2014, 11:44:00 am »
What am I looking at and how?

The thread on the nut has literally stripped off. Could be a number of reasons, over tightened.cross threaded or just worn out due to the number of times it has been fastened/unfastened.

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: 23 December 2014, 07:27:25 pm »
Ordered lots of stainless bolts and a titanium axel nut and a few other bits n bobs after crimbo will be a few more bits n bobs...... :) decided to keep it for another yr..... :)
Rexr.

Keep it simple......stupid..!!!

Nebuchernezzer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Ktm250exc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: 23 December 2014, 09:12:30 pm »
what he said, alot of it must have stripped a while ago as the broken thread wrapped around the axle was quite a dark colour, the last bit of it stripped off when i went to tighten it up and it was shiny where the new break was.
I was at work too when i looked at that (easier to do some minor stuff like setting the chain line out in the sunny carpark rather than in my dark shed i though.....bugger!)

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: 23 December 2014, 09:13:29 pm »
Popped into town on it, traffic was manic, would not have wanted to be in a car.
Intentionally left blank

Sandscorcher

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: 24 December 2014, 05:44:47 pm »
Took the poor Girls heart out,
So much of the paint on the eng had been touched ,but now flaking off & 4 of the header studs need drilled out (yes probably gunna end up slapping Helicoils in though)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: 24 December 2014, 09:11:59 pm »
Two things
It looks like a pram without the engine---------- and
The engine looks good silver
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Sandscorcher

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: 24 December 2014, 09:33:46 pm »
Two things
It looks like a pram without the engine---------- and
The engine looks good silver

Mmmm
Hadn't thought about doing the eng silver.
Left casing was full of bodge, as I found out when I started to strip the paint back so needs replaced & I've already bought black paint but I'll keep the silver in mind for future.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: 25 December 2014, 04:45:00 pm »
Had a good ride in the sunshine today. Xmas day is definitely a good un when the weather's nice. Unsurprisingly, hardly anyone out and about today, had many of the best bits to myself.

Went via Swindon, first brief break at Royal Wooten Bassett:

Then down to Calne, tagged on behind a ZZR1100 for a bit to Melksham, then Westbury, then Bratton Camp White Horse Hill:

Very cold wind on the top, so the flask of coffee I took was appreciated. Others were taking advantage of the wind up there:

Then a little winding B road to the A360 which is a lovely stretch, up and down and sweeping bends.

I know it's yellow, but it ain't that slow  :lol   :

Still had over half a tankful by here, but found a petrol station open on the A303 and topped up just in case.
And once again, ended up here for the last coffee break of the day; Silbury Hill:

The road from here to Marlborough is fun, as some of you Foccers might remember from the Lofos ride we did along there.

So all good stuff, that's my idea of a good Xmas day  :)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: 25 December 2014, 06:52:48 pm »

Merry Christmas Nick, good to see some piccies up on xmas day, and for sure the roads would have been dead quiet....I took the dog out for a walk for an hour and I only seen a couple cars, was like the apocalypse.....I thought to myself "yeh I'd quite like being the only person on the planet for a day"

what's that hill all about then?....giant killer ant hill is it?.....iron age burial mound?.....shit like that is good to see.

I also know that a Foccer was out on their other steed today....a ZZR1100....a red and silver one....short, stocky bloke.....perhaps that was him you were following, he's from Telford...would that tally in with near where you were or are we miles and miles off?
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: 25 December 2014, 07:28:50 pm »
Nick, is the road with the Tank crossing sign the chittern road (?) that starts/ends at Bulford camp ?
if so, I love that road, its part of my 'got no where to head so go here' route, on the way to countess services on the A303 before turning around and doing it again back home.
glad you had a good ride out today, I was stuck in the cage from somerset to berkshire wishing I was on the bike.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: 25 December 2014, 08:07:28 pm »
Noggy, Silbury Hill is Neolithic, nearly 5000 years old. Bratton Camp is an Iron Age hill fort with associated barrows (burial mounds) etc. We have loads of this kind of thing around Wiltshire, Gloucestershire; Avebury stone circle, Stonehenge (went past this one today, but nowhere you can stop now for a decent snap since they built the new visitor centre), various other white horse monuments, barrows etc. Down by Salisbury is Old Sarum, another hill fort which I sometimes ride to, and which I think might have first been occupied in the Iron Age (not sure), but has had Roman and Norman associations too. I think William The Conqueror had all the Lords and Barons pledge allegiance to him there: the first time all did so to one king in the UK.

Telford a long way from here! The ZZR I followed looked to be black and purple, but I sat back a bit from him so not sure. He went in to Melksham whilst I took the ring road to head to Westbury. He had Furygan full leathers in black and white on.

Pilgo, no, I didn't use the Chitterne road; perhaps the only one in the area I haven't been along now. But it connects with the one in the photo, which is the A360, which runs from near Stonehenge to the Lavingtons.

This was pretty much my route:

Xmas day ride

Google says about 150 miles, but I measured 174.
« Last Edit: 25 December 2014, 08:33:15 pm by nick crisp »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: 26 December 2014, 04:01:50 am »
Noggy, Silbury Hill is Neolithic, nearly 5000 years old. Bratton Camp is an Iron Age hill fort with associated barrows (burial mounds) etc. We have loads of this kind of thing around Wiltshire, Gloucestershire; Avebury stone circle, Stonehenge (went past this one today, but nowhere you can stop now for a decent snap since they built the new visitor centre), various other white horse monuments, barrows etc. Down by Salisbury is Old Sarum, another hill fort which I sometimes ride to, and which I think might have first been occupied in the Iron Age (not sure), but has had Roman and Norman associations too. I think William The Conqueror had all the Lords and Barons pledge allegiance to him there: the first time all did so to one king in the UK.

Telford a long way from here! The ZZR I followed looked to be black and purple, but I sat back a bit from him so not sure. He went in to Melksham whilst I took the ring road to head to Westbury. He had Furygan full leathers in black and white on.

Pilgo, no, I didn't use the Chitterne road; perhaps the only one in the area I haven't been along now. But it connects with the one in the photo, which is the A360, which runs from near Stonehenge to the Lavingtons.

This was pretty much my route:

Xmas day ride

Google says about 150 miles, but I measured 174.

Very interesting Nick, I do like some historic viewings as it is just the excuse to take the bike trip plus there is so much in the UK to see.

Interesting TV prog the other night about Roman Britain from the air and even showed some of the old Roman wall...inside and underground NCP car park in London.....which was the original Londinium apparently......back when it was civil ;), big bloody chunk of it just sat there and I bet hardly anyone notices it too.

on account that I can never afford a foreign holiday anyway then my plan is to continue ticking off historical sites in my own country instead.....it does amaze me how many people have visited Cape Canaveral or whatever for a recent history lesson....yet they haven't visited a Neolithic or Iron age site just 10 or 20 miles away from their front doorstep.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: 26 December 2014, 10:06:44 am »
nice to see ya back on your wheels nick
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

griff86

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: 26 December 2014, 02:10:15 pm »
Went for a 60 mile ride on some local roads to me near Betws-y-Coed, it was cold but I enjoyed it.

hairnet

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: 28 December 2014, 03:11:41 pm »
Didn't ride from Kildare to ballynahinch for fish and chips cos the snow is bad

Ride to Dublin to catch boat after
will ride for food.....