Date: 26-04-24  Time: 18:22 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604066 times)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #8025 on: 08 September 2019, 12:11:46 am »
Got the might Thou through another MoT , took it to a different shop this year and had an advisory for a noisy exhaust, first time since I put it on about 8 years ago.
Your last 8 years past tester was def  :lol

Def what?  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: 08 September 2019, 11:20:08 am »
Got the might Thou through another MoT , took it to a different shop this year and had an advisory for a noisy exhaust, first time since I put it on about 8 years ago.
Your last 8 years past tester was def 

Def what?  :lol
:lol definitely hard of hearing.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: 11 September 2019, 08:57:17 pm »
Just back from a week in France on the 600, decided to take the 1000 for a spirited run  :D . Bike out ignition on fired it up and then it died, Oh! hit the starter button again Nothing, looked at the dash all dead.   Ignition off, ignition on nothing. :'( Think it was pissed off because I took the 600 instead of it to France  :evil :lol
Seat off check the backup fuse and had power there, which ruled out the main fuse.
Only thing that could take out everything was the ignition switch or the connectors to it.
Tank lifted up and propped,  Ignition on fiddled with the two pole main connector, everything lights up.  :) Problem obviously corrosion or break in the vicinity and since pulling/pushing the wires on either side of the connector had no effect, it was most likely corrosion. Out the tools, disconnected the positive battery lead and removed the 4 connectors from the plug and socket. Yep sure enough corrosion and one slightly loose connector.30 minutes later all cleaned, tightened and coated with Dielectric Grease. All back together, battery lead reconnected, ignition on,  all working.  :woot Rang a friend, fired it up and away for a Costa Coffee. Two hours later back home grinning from ear to ear :lol
I love my Fazers :D

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: 19 September 2019, 07:14:00 am »
On my way to this weekends Bol d'Or. 627 miles on the old girl yesterday, the D906 being the reward for many hundred miles of slog. Price of petrol in France now is ridiculous, especially with a poor exchange rate.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Don71uk

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: 19 September 2019, 09:27:27 am »
Back from a 1600 mile trip to Scotland.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: 20 September 2019, 07:42:29 pm »
Smashing ride out this morning around the Derbyshire Dales, stopped for breakfast and coffee, then rode home. Nipped out in the pm down to daughters stable yard, only to feel the rear slide out left and right from under me. Stopped and found the tyre had split.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: 20 September 2019, 07:43:32 pm »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #8032 on: 20 September 2019, 08:11:43 pm »
Wow! Looks like you had a lucky escape there.

Was there damage from something that could have caused the split, or did the carcass itself fail?

Check the DOT date on the side, if the last two digits are 14 or below, the tyre was out of date and needed replacing. (If it was only recently put on, someone sold you a dangerous old one!)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: 20 September 2019, 08:17:38 pm »
New tyre was fitted last february, 2018 made. Its took me around Donington Park 5 times this year with no signs of any damage. Failed today doing 20 mph

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: 20 September 2019, 11:44:39 pm »
That's all very interesting, could it be from riding a tyre on a track that is designed for the road, all be it on a track with a rider who is accustomed to a track rather than me on a road tyre who has never been on a track and then rides s on a track = the tyre would not no the dfferece 

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #8035 on: 21 September 2019, 01:15:56 am »
The tyre doesn't look excessively worn (there's still plenty of tread) and if it's a Z-Rated tyre it's good for up to 150mph, so I shouldn't have thought that would be an issue.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: 21 September 2019, 08:08:53 am »
Smashing ride out this morning around the Derbyshire Dales, stopped for breakfast and coffee, then rode home. Nipped out in the pm down to daughters stable yard, only to feel the rear slide out left and right from under me. Stopped and found the tyre had split.

Is your phone set to Macro Mode, or even Yeti/Loch Ness Monster Mode, as those photos quite obviously aren't right are they?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: 21 September 2019, 08:36:28 am »
Is your phone set to Yeti/Loch Ness Monster Mode, as those photos quite obviously aren't right are they?
:lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: 21 September 2019, 05:08:58 pm »
The tyre was Z rated, Bstone BT023, less than a thousand miles on it, most at Donington Park. I rarely break speed limits on the roads

The photos are fine on the phone/pc, I suspect its Photobucket trying to get money from my pockets for being over their storage limit. The files are too large to copy straight in from the pc.

Looking around for a new tyre last night, up pops a box asking me if I want to insure the new tyre, I think it was about £3.50 for a year. Does anyone bother with that?

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: 21 September 2019, 05:52:14 pm »
The tyre was Z rated, Bstone BT023, less than a thousand miles on it, most at Donington Park. I rarely break speed limits on the roads

The photos are fine on the phone/pc, I suspect its Photobucket trying to get money from my pockets for being over their storage limit. The files are too large to copy straight in from the pc.

Looking around for a new tyre last night, up pops a box asking me if I want to insure the new tyre, I think it was about £3.50 for a year. Does anyone bother with that?

Cant say I've ever heard of tyre insurance? Depends what it covers 🤔
To be honest you have to ask yourself how many times its happened to you in the years you've been riding? I personally have never even had a puncture so I wouldnt really bother

As for tyres www.bikespeeduk.com have some good end of season deals

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8040 on: 21 September 2019, 06:00:44 pm »
Tried resizing. Ah good, that seems to have done the trick
« Last Edit: 21 September 2019, 06:01:33 pm by agricola »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: 21 September 2019, 06:05:03 pm »

To be honest you have to ask yourself how many times its happened to you in the years you've been riding? I personally have never even had a puncture so I wouldnt really bother

Said it covered punctures/blowouts/vandalism. Id need to read the small print before i ever commited, punctures are rare, think I had one on the cruiser some years ago. When the old one is off, Im going to give it a real good look over to try to determine the fault

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: 21 September 2019, 06:11:08 pm »

Nah, Bikespeed are based in Scotland, Ill spend my money in England

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: 23 September 2019, 06:24:49 am »

IF the small print is all good then surely £3.50 a year is an amazing deal isn't it? Does sound too good to be true though.
I always get my tyres from Oponeo now, then get my mechanic to fit them on a loose wheel that i've removed and i always save money compared to riding into a shop and buying/fitting on site.
There's normally 2 prices, the cheaper one takes 2 or 3 days longer for delivery, but it'll still only be about a week or so before it gets to you. 

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: 23 September 2019, 07:06:47 pm »

IF the small print is all good then surely £3.50 a year is an amazing deal isn't it? Does sound too good to be true though.

I only saw the offer on the Tyreleader site, no others. On the face of it, it does seem to be a reasonable deal, but i never read the small print as the site wasnt working correclty, so I bought a new BT023 from elsewhere
I always get my tyres from Oponeo now, then get my mechanic to fit them on a loose wheel that i've removed and i always save money compared to riding into a shop and buying/fitting on site.
There's normally 2 prices, the cheaper one takes 2 or 3 days longer for delivery, but it'll still only be about a week or so before it gets to you.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: 23 September 2019, 09:26:20 pm »
If you Google tyre insurance it doesn't really make pleasant reading.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8046 on: 29 September 2019, 02:43:54 pm »
The gold fazer is coming together.

Givi Rack and box fitted today.
Stainless brake hoses fitted today. Still need to bleed them once the Mrs gets home.
Optimiser cable fitted today
Heated Grips fitted today.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: 30 September 2019, 02:30:49 pm »
 :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: 30 September 2019, 02:36:41 pm by unfazed »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: 30 September 2019, 03:15:22 pm »

I went to wheel the bike out of the garage this morning and it felt heavy.
There was a screw in the rear tyre, and totally flat.
Plugged it for now, and checked it at lunch time and there's no leaks.

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: 30 September 2019, 05:49:08 pm »
I went to wheel the bike out of the garage this morning and it felt heavy.
There was a screw in the rear tyre, and totally flat.
Plugged it for now, and checked it at lunch time and there's no leaks.
Pumped it pushed it out of the garage pushed out the 600, pushed the 1000 back in and went off on the 600 to watch a car rally. :D
Tyre is only 600 miles old, will take it off later and use a mushroom patch to fix it permanently.
I think the 1000 is still pissed at me for not taking it to France :lol