Date: 29-03-24  Time: 09:34 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1586517 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #7950 on: 24 June 2019, 01:44:53 pm »
Sorned my Gen 1 until next month, as just got a new bike, only until the insurance runs out next month when I'll sort out a multibike to include my new bike and the mighty thou
Just so you know, you don't have to do that --or at least Admrial car ins, you can take a multi car now and get the multi discount for the car now and just add the 2nd car when its ins runs out.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: 24 June 2019, 01:47:28 pm »
Do you have a boat picture that includes your bike so we can move on the picture challenge thread  :)   

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: 24 June 2019, 02:21:58 pm »
Do you have a boat picture that includes your bike so we can move on the picture challenge thread  :)

:o :o :o :o  no :o :o :o :o :o
One, is never going to be enough.....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: 24 June 2019, 06:28:45 pm »

:o :o :o :o  no :o :o :o :o :o

not  today or yesterday but tomorrow , going to get a picture of my bike and a boat for the picture challenge....to make up for yesterdays memory fail   :o :o :o
One, is never going to be enough.....

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #7954 on: 26 June 2019, 06:22:11 pm »
So, MOT time.
Just a quick check over to make sure everything is ok...
Side lights, fine.
Headlights and beam working ok.
Indicators, no problem.
Rear light,  brake light... nothing...!  :eek
What the Foc??
It's an LED unit, so they can't have all gone and if it was a fuse, the side lights would be out too.
Hang on! When I got the local guy to help me fix the exhaust gasket, we took apart the rear of the bike, so maybe a connector was loose?
A quick removal of the left side-pod reveals a plug that wasn't put back together, phew!
So another year's worth of MOT and then a ride from Portsmouth up through World's End and the Morestead Road before heading back along the A272 to Loomies for a bit of lunch and back home again with a big smile on my face :thumbup

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: 30 June 2019, 02:10:25 pm »
Early 07:30 meet up, then a whizz round Kent and Sussex's B roads, before a breakfast stop at Bury Hill. After one of their renown sausage baps, a coffee and a chinwag we pretty much retraced our steps getting back home in time for Moto GP and a cold drink. Excellent day :) .
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: 30 June 2019, 03:55:21 pm »
Early 07:30 meet up, then a whizz round Kent and Sussex's B roads, before a breakfast stop at Bury Hill. After one of their renown sausage baps, a coffee and a chinwag we pretty much retraced our steps getting back home in time for Moto GP and a cold drink. Excellent day :) .

Sounds great. :thumbup
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #7957 on: 30 June 2019, 04:49:36 pm »
Went for a Ride Out with the local IAM group, nice day for it, although a bit less gravel and dust on the back roads would have been nice!

Then got back home and gave the bike a wash :thumbup

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: 04 July 2019, 09:47:55 pm »
Went for a 70mile evening ride.

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: 04 July 2019, 10:49:08 pm »
Spent the evening doing a quick repair after some dozy twat turned right in front of me,no indicate no fuck all,I was filtering a load of traffic on my way home and he just made a dive for his drive when he seen a gap in the oncoming traffic.At least he had the decency to put his hands up to it and was very apologetic ,he was concerned I was ok but all I was interested in was my bike,luckily apart from a bent brake lever and scuffs here and there it was ok,I told the bloke I wasn't interested in claiming because he'd probably change his story by tomorrow but I wanted £100 to cover crash bobbins and brake pedal,(I new I'd be able to repair the pedal) he agreed and I followed him to a cash point wishing I'd said more now because he agreed pretty quick,anyway done all the jobs except for the crash bobbin,have a go at that tomorrow unless you can buy 1 in which case I'll use some of the £100.One thing while I was doing the job the bolt that holds the footrest on is a T50 torx,so if anybody's due to do any work requiring taking the rests off worth checking you've got one. ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: 04 July 2019, 11:17:46 pm »
Spent the evening doing a quick repair after some dozy twat turned right in front of me,no indicate no fuck all,I was filtering a load of traffic on my way home and he just made a dive for his drive when he seen a gap in the oncoming traffic.At least he had the decency to put his hands up to it and was very apologetic ,he was concerned I was ok but all I was interested in was my bike,luckily apart from a bent brake lever and scuffs here and there it was ok,I told the bloke I wasn't interested in claiming because he'd probably change his story by tomorrow but I wanted £100 to cover crash bobbins and brake pedal,(I new I'd be able to repair the pedal) he agreed and I followed him to a cash point wishing I'd said more now because he agreed pretty quick,anyway done all the jobs except for the crash bobbin,have a go at that tomorrow unless you can buy 1 in which case I'll use some of the £100.One thing while I was doing the job the bolt that holds the footrest on is a T50 torx,so if anybody's due to do any work requiring taking the rests off worth checking you've got one. ;)
Sounds like you are ok but just a FYI on accidents whilst filtering as far as I am aware it isn't as straight forward as all the other persons fault. There was discussion on here around the subject a while ago.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: 05 July 2019, 01:16:32 am »
As a longshot you could always contact the crash bung company, and tell them what a wonderful job their kit did in protecting your bike. You never know, they might send you one. Costs nothing to try. Good luck, glad you're ok.

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: 05 July 2019, 11:15:49 am »
Sounds like you are ok but just a FYI on accidents whilst filtering as far as I am aware it isn't as straight forward as all the other persons fault. There was discussion on here around the subject a while ago.

I know what you're on about, it can be a grey area but this really was cut and dried,I think the bloke was really relieved I was ok and he'd got himself out of a potential mess.

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: 05 July 2019, 11:17:56 am »
As a longshot you could always contact the crash bung company, and tell them what a wonderful job their kit did in protecting your bike. You never know, they might send you one. Costs nothing to try. Good luck, glad you're ok.

That's worth a try,nothing ventured nothing gained ay? ;)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: 05 July 2019, 05:04:57 pm »
Your crash bungs look like R &G ones, similiar to what I have on my MT09.
If so you can get brand new single ones, I got one for the left side  after  it was destroyed in my accident in October, just look on ebay,

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7965 on: 05 July 2019, 10:51:06 pm »
cheers,Slappy ,they are R&G,don't know if all the chassis ones are the same size but will have a look see. :thumbup

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: 18 July 2019, 07:34:25 pm »
Got in touch with R&G and they sell just the end caps at £3.40 plus vat,which is ok,then they charge £5.25 p&p! it's only little so I don't know where that comes from, but it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than a bobbin so I ordered one. :\

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: 21 July 2019, 12:08:41 am »
Serious make over of the 600 today and yesterday, fitted 3 new Serie Oro  Brembo discs, calipers cleaned, 3 new sets of brake pads, oil and filter changed, looking forward to a spin tomorrow  :)

Discs were focced, rear was down to 3.6mm with fronts down to 3.3mm
My new best friend in picture 2, blow torch to soften the loctite, had discs off in minutes  :)
« Last Edit: 21 July 2019, 12:09:21 am by unfazed »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: 21 July 2019, 06:55:47 pm »
Nice early start for a rip roar around Surrey and Kents A and B roads. Breakfast at H's on the A2, been past loads of times, but never called in before. Good food that was reasonably priced, would definitely go again. After a second coffee and a look at the bikes, we rode over to Manston for a look at the Spitfire and Hurricane Memorial Museum. An interesting hour or so. My pal is ex Army, so knew about all the guns and ammo, which saved me having to read the display info :lol .
Back on the bikes to take on the Chilham Bends followed by a thrash down to Leeds Castle. Another good Sunday breakfast whizz clocking 195 of our lovely English miles.

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: 21 July 2019, 08:01:39 pm »
Blimey!! you don't mess about do you? I'm normally bolloxed after an hour in the saddle  :lol 73 an'all!

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: 21 July 2019, 09:39:35 pm »
No doubt a day will come when it will be all a bit too much. Then I'll have to stay at home and talk to the mrs :lol . Pushing the bike back in the garage is the hardest job at the moment fortunately. Should be arranging a day trip to Cornwall within the next few weeks, if you fancy it. :thumbup

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: 21 July 2019, 10:38:06 pm »
OOOH!!with scones and jam and a nice blanket over our knees to keep out the cold. :lol

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: 22 July 2019, 05:57:11 am »
Surely the blanket will get tangled in the chain  :lol :lol :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: 22 July 2019, 08:19:44 am »
Nah, no scones. Just a pasty and a pint in the Tamar Inn, chill out for an hour, then back on the bike and home. From south London it's less than 500 miles.

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: 23 July 2019, 12:46:22 am »
Nah, no scones. Just a pasty and a pint in the Tamar Inn, chill out for an hour, then back on the bike and home. From south London it's less than 500 miles.

500miles,just a small stretch of the legs ,when are you gonna do some decent distances? ;)