Date: 28-03-24  Time: 14:41 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1585544 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #7150 on: 04 September 2017, 12:06:15 pm »
^^  8)  That's a day at the Ace I would have liked to have attended, Paul. Nothing like that up here that I'm aware of  :(

Always had a soft spot for those first twin shock GPz550s. I remember reading the road tests in the bike press when they came out. Haven't seen one in donkey's years.

Anymore pics?

I still reckon someone ought to set up a museum of Jap bikes of that era, 70s, 80s, maybe early 90s. I'd spend a lot of time there. Would love to have the money to do it myself.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: 13 September 2017, 12:00:08 am »
This evening I prepared a new Powerbronze rear undertray for fitting (drilled various mounting holes). Along with new (bling) aluminium tail tidy/number plate bracket/LED indicators. For a SLEEK (flush) rear end.  8)

Will fit all tomorrow, after the mandatory trip to the hardware store to pickup a few specific nuts/bolts/double sided tape etc.  :)

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: 20 September 2017, 01:09:17 pm »
Yesterday, actually. I took my newly acquired winter hack for a spin to the Cayley cafe on Rhos on Sea promenade. Beautiful sunny day, warmed up after a cool start. Around 100 miles in all.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: 21 September 2017, 11:39:39 pm »
I've had a good day, changed the rear wheel and sprocket carrier bearing and the oil seals. Bought everything locally, cost about £40 for the bits  FAG bearings all quality stuff, happy days  :) 
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: 23 September 2017, 02:23:06 pm »
Just returned from a 130 mile ride on the 600 to Castlewood Cafe, near Uttoxeter, and back. Dull, drizzly, muddy roads . Quite a few bikers there , including the local IAM.
« Last Edit: 23 September 2017, 02:24:10 pm by Anquetil »

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7155 on: 23 September 2017, 08:56:07 pm »
Finally got round to wiring the satnav up, will give it a test run tomz
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: 26 September 2017, 03:13:08 pm »
A ride from Wrexham to Ruthin, over to Cerrig, Fron Goch, and Bala. An hour by the lake, then Corwen, Llangollen, Ruabon, Wem, and home. Very mild, 17 degrees.

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: 28 September 2017, 03:39:36 pm »
A ride in the sun to Oswestry, Tanat valley, over the Berwyns to Bala and back via Ruthin.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: 28 September 2017, 04:04:57 pm »
A ride in the sun to Oswestry, Tanat valley, over the Berwyns to Bala and back via Ruthin.

I don't suppose for one minute that you found a Brown Kangaroo Leather Barmah Australian hat around the Lake Vyrnwy (Yes that is how you spell it) by any chance. Lost mine off the back of my bike about 5 years ago blasting around that lake.
Lovely spot to go to, Lake Vyrnwy Hotel has an outside balcony in the bar area where you can sit and enjoy a delicious pint looking up the length of the lake.

How come the Welsh do not have anything to do with Vowels in their spelling?

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: 28 September 2017, 05:11:52 pm »
I'm sorry, Tommy. I didn't see a hat of this description today, or on my numerous rides to the cafe at Vyrnwy over many years, including on my bicycle. Next time I go I shall certainly be more vigilant and try to locate it.
  After consulting with my best friend, who lives in Bala, and only spoke Welsh until he was five years of age, I can confirm that there is widespread use of vowels in the Welsh language. When I arrived in North Wales from Wolverhampton, many years ago, he acted as my interpreter !

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: 28 September 2017, 06:31:27 pm »
Well Anquetil,
I would appreciate your diligence next time you go to Vyrnwy, maybe if you walked around the lake it might give you more opportunity to spot said Titfer Tat in amongst the bushes  :eek :rolleyes    :lol .
[/size]

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7161 on: 28 September 2017, 07:15:56 pm »
Rode home from work in the pissing rain and gusty winds again, on my 3 pair of gloves this week, two pairs from yesterday have not fully dried yet.  :'(

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: 28 September 2017, 07:37:03 pm »
Rode home from work in the pissing rain and gusty winds again, on my 3 pair of gloves this week, two pairs from yesterday have not fully dried yet.  :'(

Who said motorcycling is fun :'(

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: 28 September 2017, 08:37:50 pm »

I don't suppose for one minute that you found a Brown Kangaroo Leather Barmah Australian hat around the Lake Vyrnwy (Yes that is how you spell it) by any chance. Lost mine off the back of my bike about 5 years ago blasting around that lake.
Lovely spot to go to, Lake Vyrnwy Hotel has an outside balcony in the bar area where you can sit and enjoy a delicious pint looking up the length of the lake.

I have one of those tommy, although mine is nearly 20 years old now but going strong. Its brilliant in the rain and sun and everything.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: 28 September 2017, 09:39:51 pm »

Just pick up a cheap box of latex gloves. I wear them under my gloves when it's cold/wet and ya don't feel a thing. Even keeps the heat in a little 👍

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: 28 September 2017, 10:34:33 pm »
The gloves are waterproof, but now they are waterlogged  :rolleyes

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: 28 September 2017, 10:34:37 pm »
Or in emergency, use a pair of the 'diesel gloves' you can get free at most petrol stations. They also allow you to get your hands smoothly back into wet gloves if you have to take them off.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: 28 September 2017, 10:59:47 pm »

I have one of those tommy, although mine is nearly 20 years old now but going strong. Its brilliant in the rain and sun and everything.

To be honest Skipper the picture above it the replacement for the lost one, exactly the same hat and I have replicated the decoration that was on my old friend onto this new friend.
My original was about 13 years old and the new one has recently had its 5th birthday. I spray it with leather water proofer  each year, hence the slightly shinny look it has taken on-board, I think the word is patina, as before it was a suede leather look.

I agree they cannot be beaten as a hat for any time of the year, great at keeping the sun out of you eyes, helping keep you head cool in the summer and warm in winter.
I worked as a self employed brickie and that hat was my best friend, I wear glasses and working outside in the rain used to drive me mad with rain on my glasses it was like trying to drive a car with no wipers,you wipe them off with the back of your hand and they are left all smeary bloody dangerous when working with sharp tools or even swinging a hammer.
Don my Barmah, end of troubles, rain drips off the wide brim way from your collar leaving glasses squeaky clean and Crystal clear. I replaced my hat within one day of returning from Wales, but hasten to add it was about £12 dearer than the first, but still best 45 quid anyone could spend. 

Addition: I have seen some on eBay but not convinced they are not rip off of the Barmha. 
« Last Edit: 28 September 2017, 11:04:08 pm by tommyardin »

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: 29 September 2017, 04:36:49 am »

Just pick up a cheap box of latex gloves. I wear them under my gloves when it's cold/wet and ya don't feel a thing. Even keeps the heat in a little 👍

I have just recommended this trick to a mate as his gloves are as good as mine (crap). As Mtread says, it makes putting wet gloves back on a whole lot easier. As they take up so little room you can carry several pairs.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: 29 September 2017, 09:58:02 am »
They're also useful if you arrive at a crime scene 😀

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7170 on: 29 September 2017, 10:15:08 am »

And , at a real push, as emergency condoms 🤔 as long as you have an elastic band handy

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7171 on: 29 September 2017, 10:16:44 am »
Before and after the crime  :lol :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: 29 September 2017, 02:14:35 pm »
And , at a real push, as emergency condoms as long as you have an elastic band handy
Or 5 willies 😉

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: 29 September 2017, 09:30:56 pm »
Not today but last evening met up with some old workmates up at Squires , quite busy for a Thursday night, some nice old bikes there.

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: 30 September 2017, 06:25:47 am »
And , at a real push, as emergency condoms as long as you have an elastic band handy
Or 5 willies 😉

Must remember that  :rollin