Date: 29-03-24  Time: 04:41 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1586292 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6900 on: 25 March 2017, 09:28:25 pm »
Hope you don't mind mickvp, I had a fiddle with it to made it look a lot better I feel, :eek
« Last Edit: 25 March 2017, 09:30:17 pm by tommyardin »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: 25 March 2017, 09:40:56 pm »
Hope you don't mind mickvp, I had a fiddle with it to made it look a lot better I feel, :eek

You must be feeling the wrong part  :lol

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: 25 March 2017, 09:46:38 pm »
Great photos!
None to show here, was too busy riding :lol
300 miles, West Midlands to Llangollen to see the aqueduct there, then on through to Dolgellau and back round to Welshpool, Shrewsbury, Kidderminster then home.

Great weather and my first ride on the Fazer Thou; very pleased with her, should have bought one years ago.

Well, I do try to incorporate a couple of roads that are purely for the riding, not the scenery, each time I go out. But obviously I don't stop on those ones  ;)
On these gnarly mountain routes, you can't give it any welly - too narrow, gravelly, generally dodgy, so you're going slow; so it's no hardship to stop for snaps quite often. But in Wales...ooooh yeah, cracking riding roads. Didn't stop so much myself when I rode a lot there  :evil
« Last Edit: 25 March 2017, 09:47:28 pm by Hedgetrimmer »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: 25 March 2017, 09:47:59 pm »
I do confess I didnt go all the way and make it look perfect by changing it to a proper black one

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: 25 March 2017, 10:04:23 pm »

You must be feeling the wrong part  :lol
I know story of my life :'(

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: 25 March 2017, 10:05:38 pm »

You seem to have edited out 400cc and made it much slower silver :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: 25 March 2017, 11:12:21 pm »
WHAT! Didn't even know they made a 400,  just looked it up and surprise surprise they did.

I did a caliper clean today on my FZS 25cc today  :lol  I followed one of 'Del Boys Garage' videos that someone posted in another tread on here, I also found this video from the same guy, where he mentions that the bobbins on the front disks are meant to be able to rotate as it's a semi floating disk, mine certainly do not rotate so are they meant to rotate on the Fazer FZS 600?

Link to the video. 

! No longer available
« Last Edit: 25 March 2017, 11:42:28 pm by tommyardin »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: 26 March 2017, 12:16:52 am »

Thank feck she isn't on the Forum  :lol

I think that's a sentiment echoed by many of us on here haha

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: 26 March 2017, 07:20:49 pm »
Great photos!
None to show here, was too busy riding :lol
300 miles, West Midlands to Llangollen to see the aqueduct there, then on through to Dolgellau and back round to Welshpool, Shrewsbury, Kidderminster then home.

Great weather and my first ride on the Fazer Thou; very pleased with her, should have bought one years ago.

Well, I do try to incorporate a couple of roads that are purely for the riding, not the scenery, each time I go out. But obviously I don't stop on those ones  ;)
On these gnarly mountain routes, you can't give it any welly - too narrow, gravelly, generally dodgy, so you're going slow; so it's no hardship to stop for snaps quite often. But in Wales...ooooh yeah, cracking riding roads. Didn't stop so much myself when I rode a lot there  :evil

Well, definitely didn't stop for photos today. In company with a well-handled Ducati 1299, it was all I could do to keep him in sight! I think the ol' Fazer gave a good account of itself though, and got rid of those chicken strips nicely  :)

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: 26 March 2017, 11:37:01 pm »

Took the fairing off my Gen1 1000 and fibreglassed up the damage done by Storm Doris, its done but not pretty, but then again it is a work-a-day bike, for when the weathers not good, long trips or for when I just want to go fast. Going to re fit it next weekend.

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: 27 March 2017, 08:36:22 pm »
Changed oil and filters on both bikes after finally sorting the clutch basket on the 600 , 1000 being a pain in the arse again, I'm really starting to hate that bike or it hates me, then took the 600 to Protyre in Enfield for new boots, top service from the fitter there , proper cleaned all the wheels after fitting the tyres and cleaned up lube gunk off the sprocket and he was a nice bloke 👍🏻 👍🏻👍🏻 Then went on a 100 mile ride to bed in the tyres, home, maldon, Southend, London , back home WITH A BIG GRIN ON MY FACE  :) I'd forgotten how much fun the 600 was its been about 10 months since I last threw a leg over her, although suffering now with aching joints but well worth it, then looked at the 1000 and wished I'd never bought it  :'(

MMCMME

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: 01 April 2017, 08:05:05 pm »
MOTd this morning, no advisories at all :)

Realised I have only put 1800 miles on her since the last MOT though!  :o

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: 02 April 2017, 02:45:32 pm »

Thank feck she isn't on the Forum  :lol

I think that's a sentiment echoed by many of us on here haha

Sounds like no one likes Joey's Mrs  :eek

JoeyMcEssex

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Guzzi Breva 1100
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: 02 April 2017, 04:01:40 pm »
I do but that,s because her dad and his twelvebore made me marry her  :rollin

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: 02 April 2017, 07:55:25 pm »
Made some front wheel spacers after seeing grooves worn in the old ones from the bearing seals... popped new bearings and seals on for good measure.
Intentionally left blank

ptolemyx

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Busa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6915 on: 04 April 2017, 07:04:12 am »
Not Today but last Sunday went to Hartland Quay Hill Climb:-
when in doubt go flat out

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: 04 April 2017, 04:08:07 pm »
Fitted a new choke cable and lubricated the choke linkage bar.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: 04 April 2017, 09:17:32 pm »
Went for blast with a few soon to be ex workmates, called in at Squires on way back, place was full of Japanese cars for some meet, plus a ruddy dj playing some really shit music.

GH600

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: 05 April 2017, 08:20:35 pm »

Took it for an MOT  & it went through no probs  :D

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: 05 April 2017, 10:49:35 pm »
Top Yoke was looking a bit tatty where keys have scuffed an arc into the paint finish, so removed yoke and sanded it down a good coat of etching primmer, two under coats, 3 colour base coats and two good clear lacquer coats. It was black but now it metallic silver, I painted the handle bar posts at the same time but kept the clamps black.

Also removed other two keys from the ignition key so should not happen again. :sun

« Last Edit: 05 April 2017, 10:55:55 pm by tommyardin »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: 05 April 2017, 11:08:20 pm »
Top Yoke was looking a bit tatty where keys have scuffed an arc into the paint finish, so removed yoke and sanded it down a good coat of etching primmer, two under coats, 3 colour base coats and two good clear lacquer coats. It was black but now it metallic silver, I painted the handle bar posts at the same time but kept the clamps black.

Also removed other two keys from the ignition key so should not happen again. :sun

Great job Tommy. I use one of these to stop the scratches. Can be picked up online for about £5, really are quite handy

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: 05 April 2017, 11:20:34 pm »
Cheers for that Dude I rather like the look of that will have a look on evilBay see I can find one, not sure about a red on though might slow the old girl down. Lol!
In the mean time i found this soft rubber fob in my Man Drawer, so it will do until I can find a SILVER fob like the one you showed. :lol 
The problem was I had a few other keys, including Yale front door key, along with the ignition key and they were doing the damage.

« Last Edit: 06 April 2017, 12:25:14 am by tommyardin »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: 06 April 2017, 07:33:32 am »
Cheers for that Dude I rather like the look of that will have a look on evilBay see I can find one, not sure about a red on though might slow the old girl down. Lol!
In the mean time i found this soft rubber fob in my Man Drawer, so it will do until I can find a SILVER fob like the one you showed. :lol 
The problem was I had a few other keys, including Yale front door key, along with the ignition key and they were doing the damage.

Yeah I had a similar problem with my old bike hence the purchase. I now all 3 of my lock keys on there along side the ignition key. Then keep my house/car/garage Keys on a separate keyring in my pocket.seems to be a good system so far. I did try the whole single ignition key thing but found I kept leaving it in the bike haha so the £5 for the key sock thingy was well spent. Not sure I've ever seen a silver one though but that's probably because people with silver bikes don't like to look after them 😉

Edmund

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Kz750Twin G1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: 06 April 2017, 10:15:57 pm »
I've ordered one of these today, good idea.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: 06 April 2017, 10:53:11 pm »

Yeah I had a similar problem with my old bike hence the purchase. I now all 3 of my lock keys on there along side the ignition key. Then keep my house/car/garage Keys on a separate keyring in my pocket.seems to be a good system so far. I did try the whole single ignition key thing but found I kept leaving it in the bike haha so the £5 for the key sock thingy was well spent. Not sure I've ever seen a silver one though but that's probably because people with silver bikes don't like to look after them 😉

Doh!
I bet they do make SILVER ones but the trouble is they are so fast its a job to spot them :lol