Date: 29-03-24  Time: 06:26 am

Author Topic: New Fazer 8 owner.  (Read 2305 times)

Ed

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
New Fazer 8 owner.
« on: 21 February 2013, 12:52:26 am »
Hello.
My name is Eddie (Ed) I just bought a new black Fazer8 and I'm very impressed with it. I got a great deal, probably as the dealer needs to make room for the 2013 models. I've always liked Fazers, my 1st big bike was a '98 FZS600 then a new FZ6 fazer S2 in 2008... this bike got written off back in August and I've been without a bike till now. I had been considering a litre bike and had a test ride on the Kawasaki 1000sx (I loved it) but the price was high and they wanted a huge deposit for me to get the 0% finance deal. I thought the Fazer1 would be too much of a hooligan for my riding style and maybe not the best choice for my daily comute through London. I also thought that too much power would be wasted on me as I'm not really a racer. So I decided on the Fazer8 and believe it's a fantastic compromise. I found it to be a great improvement over the FZ6, especially the extra torque, and it's just as easy to ride as the smaller bike. I had a centre stand and a set of R&G aero frame protectors fitted to mine but it's otherwise stock. Next will be a tail tidy and when the budget allows maybe a slip on end can.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: New Fazer 8 owner.
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2013, 06:55:43 pm »
Welcome,

We must be into double figures of 800 owners on the forum by now.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2013, 07:39:22 pm »
hi ed and welcome. a  :faz  is a  :faz  is a  :faz :thumbup  Unless....post a piccy and lets av a gander.

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,6276.0.html

hopefully see you there
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

sure2ride

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • - Royal Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2013, 01:07:29 pm »
Yep, welcome Ed.
You've got yourself a stonkingly good bike there.
Enjoy.
I don't think there are too many of us Fazer8 owners on here yet, but hopefully the numbers will grow.
Still, the guys with the 600 and 1000 are a nice lot of chaps and chapesses as well, with loads of useful info.
Ride safe  :)
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2013, 02:45:27 pm »
Hi Ed !! :lol

sounds like you are happy, what does it look like?
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

dadlegend

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 February 2013, 12:34:57 pm »
Hi Ed we are a rare breed. I am in Harlow and have only ever seen one other 8 and that was parked up in central London. Like you I did the fazer 600 thing first. I only changed bike as mine was over ten years old and things started going wrong.  A couple of big bills was enough to make me change.

I see that the London foccers are arranging a monthly meet up. It would be good to see another 8 owner!

Simon