Date: 28-03-24  Time: 08:27 am

Author Topic: £60 !!!  (Read 6025 times)

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: £60 !!!
« Reply #25 on: 14 February 2013, 10:00:23 pm »
There's no technicality or grey area, it's not a legal plate and you have been caught, what other people are doing has no bearing on this.

That ^^

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 February 2013, 10:15:34 pm »

Possibly, they did a routine tax, insurance check etc, but if that was the reason, when everything else checked out, why not just let me off with a warning instead of pushing through with the fixed penalty?

MONEY! :pokefun

justy1000

and to up their nick rate :stop
« Last Edit: 14 February 2013, 10:16:59 pm by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
£60 !!!
« Reply #27 on: 15 February 2013, 12:18:24 am »
I wish the cops paid as much attention to my complaint and many others about the cnunt on a 450 quad who rides it across the pavements and grassed areas at full pelt pulling wheelies when old peeps are walking past and its loud as feck and on a Q-reg so probably listed as a tractor, but nah they rather nick you for your number plate and fine you because its easier ..
« Last Edit: 15 February 2013, 12:19:12 am by cable tie »

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 February 2013, 08:35:57 am »
I wish the cops paid as much attention to my complaint and many others about the cnunt on a 450 quad who rides it across the pavements and grassed areas at full pelt pulling wheelies when old peeps are walking past and its loud as feck and on a Q-reg so probably listed as a tractor, but nah they rather nick you for your number plate and fine you because its easier ..

If the twat has a pretty regular time/route its amazing what some long felt nails can do. Boiler suit on, hand full of nails (hidden), hand in open pocket, oops they have fallen down my trouser leg would you believe it  :evil

I was stopped on Saturday night on leaving a pub that I was in having food, albeit for 4hrs. Their reason for stopping me was I pulled away with no lights on, bollocks, lights come on automatic with ignition in the dark. But we will do a breath test as well because of where you came from, ok, no prob (my first ever) says me in a cocky voice. It's a pass so you are ok but we will have a look round your vehicle, have you proof of id, yes, license. They look round vehicle, brand new hilux, for whatever they find and see my gun case in the front and ask whats in it. I say shotgun and then give them my gun license, brill. Ok Mr C you can go now thank you, cheers and I hope your night gets better was my reply. Thank feck I like IRN BRU but it's a great feeling to drive away having beaten them  :)
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

ZiggyCol

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Ducati Multistrada 950
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 February 2013, 09:49:46 am »
why not just let me off with a warning instead of pushing through with the fixed penalty
Coz youre a dodgy looking character    :rollin   How do Col

Thanks for that Mark - makes it all seem perfectly reasonable  ;)

Long time no see - hope you are keeping well.
....----////   Life is not a rehearsal   \\\\----....

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 15 February 2013, 12:02:35 pm »
There is no "minimum" size for the plate itself IIRC; character size and spacing dimensions are regulated, and the other stipulation is the plate must be square on a bike, but there's nothing specifically to state it *has* to be 7x9 or 8x6 or anything else (unless the rules have changed recently).

imax

Top Banana
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 February 2013, 12:29:43 pm »
Number plates fitted to motorcycles after 1 September 2001 must meet the following requirements:
Character height - 64mm
Character width (except 1 or I) - 44mm
Character stroke - 10mm
Space between characters - 10mm
Space between groups - 30mm
Top, bottom and side margins (minimum) - 11mm
Vertical space between groups - 13 mm

Conforming to these rules does imply a minimum size for a plate, but no maximum, although an oversize plate would be mainly yellow as the character sizes and spacings are fixed.