Date: 19-04-24  Time: 22:31 pm

Author Topic: Wanted - FZS600 bits becuase im a moron  (Read 2307 times)

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Wanted - FZS600 bits becuase im a moron
« on: 07 February 2013, 07:15:49 pm »
Forgot to take the front disk lock off my bike today,

you can guess what happened, one very painfull leg later and one slightly smahsed up bike lying on the floor.

GRR.

I am after:

upper front fairing
Front brake lever
Rear brake lever

If anybody has any going, please let me know.

Thanks.

UG

• Bitch Dungle.
  • GP Hero
  • DaveG is a moron
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TIGER 1050
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted - FZS600 bits becuase im a moron
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2013, 02:28:58 am »
PM your address I have a rear brake lever

DaveG is..... The Deer Hunter

UG

• Bitch Dungle.
  • GP Hero
  • DaveG is a moron
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TIGER 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2013, 02:29:43 am »
Oh andby the way, it's because lmao :lol
DaveG is..... The Deer Hunter

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2013, 09:19:45 am »
Lol thanks ! Much appreciated. I was pretty pissed off. Luckily it was dark, and nobody saw me

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2013, 09:27:47 am »
do you have a lock reminder cable - I always use that because what you have done is probably what I would do as well. cable reminds me NOT to be a klutz (some of the time)
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2013, 09:33:40 am »
Heh no I don't unfortunately. It probably would have prevented this from happening. Did a surprising amount of damage, cracked upper fairing, broken indicator, dented and scratched my new exhaust, broken mirror off, snapped brake lever, broken rear brake lever and scratched engine casing.

The bike was pristine before that!

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2013, 12:45:08 pm »
Heh no I don't unfortunately. It probably would have prevented this from happening. Did a surprising amount of damage, cracked upper fairing, broken indicator, dented and scratched my new exhaust, broken mirror off, snapped brake lever, broken rear brake lever and scratched engine casing.

About 3 months ago, I spilled my pretty clean foxeye only 2 days after buying it. There was an electical problem that I didn't know about on the bike, that would cut the bike out just on take off. I was as good as having a disc lock on. It caught me totally by surprise and off balance.

I did manage to hang onto it a bit so it didn't totally slam down. But damage limitiation was really down to the last owner having replaced the standard handlebars with these really wide bars on the bike. They actually kept the bike up off the road, believe it or not. Not even a scruff mark on the fairing. I just snapped the front brake lever and had to drive home 5 miles with no front brake. My Bandit 1200 spare lever fitted it until I bought a replacement. I keep spare levers, spare cables, and a puncture repair kit now under the seat.

But unlike you, I suffered real damage to my ego. I put on my spectacle for the whole neighbourhood!! :guitar

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 February 2013, 12:54:24 pm »

About 3 months ago, I spilled my pretty clean foxeye only 2 days after buying it. There was an electical problem that I didn't know about on the bike, that would cut the bike out just on take off. I was as good as having a disc lock on. It caught me totally by surprise and off balance.

I did manage to hang onto it a bit so it didn't totally slam down. But damage limitiation was really down to the last owner having replaced the standard handlebars with these really wide bars on the bike. They actually kept the bike up off the road, believe it or not. Not even a scruff mark on the fairing. I just snapped the front brake lever and had to drive home 5 miles with no front brake. My Bandit 1200 spare lever fitted it until I bought a replacement. I keep spare levers, spare cables, and a puncture repair kit now under the seat.

But unlike you, I suffered real damage to my ego. I put on my spectacle for the whole neighbourhood!! :guitar

similar to me - pulled out from a sidestreet and the bike cut out as I was turning. saved the bike but wrenched my back out keeping it up.

still hurts
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2013, 02:57:17 pm »
It was a shame, but luckily there was nobody there to see me, I was pretty painfull either way.

I managed to get out of the way of the bike so it didnt land on top of me.

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 February 2013, 03:19:45 pm »
You can pick a front fairing up off eBay for £125 I think. Here is a link but you'd have to get it sprayed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZS600-FZS-600-Fazer-Front-Nose-Fairing-1998-1999-2000-2001-/400406294755?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5d3a1330e3

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 February 2013, 03:20:21 pm »
yeah 125+ spraying,  may as well fix mine its not that damadged.

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 February 2013, 03:25:55 pm »
yeah 125+ spraying,  may as well fix mine its not that damadged.

Ah, fair enough, I didn't know whether it was completely fucked or not :)

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 February 2013, 03:27:24 pm »
Nah, the indicator stalk took the brunt of the impact, and its cracked around there, and a little bit on the side, but im going to glue the crack from the inside and then touch up the crack with some paint :P

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 February 2013, 12:23:41 am »
Nah, the indicator stalk took the brunt of the impact, and its cracked around there, and a little bit on the side, but im going to glue the crack from the inside and then touch up the crack with some paint :P

Your bike is black in't it? ....a handy color at times to touch up and mask over damage.

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 February 2013, 12:27:20 am »
Indeed it is, hopefully I should be able to repair it whilst hiding most of the damage.