Date: 25-04-24  Time: 11:35 am

Author Topic: report a black cab?  (Read 9953 times)

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: report a black cab?
« Reply #25 on: 30 January 2013, 05:43:08 pm »
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 January 2013, 06:23:53 pm »
Skipper, the lead bike does go the wrong side at about 20seconds into the video.

oh yeah, god i'm going blind :o
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 January 2013, 06:36:40 pm »
well, your mother did warn you  :rollin :pokefun

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 January 2013, 07:19:18 pm »
well, your mother did warn you  :rollin :pokefun

Hahaha!

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 January 2013, 08:01:58 pm »
Ha, brilliant,,buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt you need to calm down,,retaliation will be your downfall....

we all know there are twats out there,,,get on with it and be safe,,oh and keep swearing at them,,its great

Billy
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 30 January 2013, 08:10:36 pm »
the cab does drive half on the other side of the road over double white line and a chevron box

But it's not a solid double white line, nor is there a solid white line around the chevron box, so it's not actually illegal.

no ,no solid white line around the box but you should only  enter the chevron box if you have too.........not when overtaking  ;)

taxi drivers an a** hole
One, is never going to be enough.....

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 January 2013, 08:22:54 pm »
I just played the last video clip, and my teenage daughter was watching over my shoulder. She's not known for her temper restraint. Even she said "he needs a chill pill"  :lol :lol :lol
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 January 2013, 08:47:03 pm »
Grahamm yep your righ I was watching the clip with the pause button and each tme it stopped it had two solid white line out the back of the cab ! so to me it looked like solid white line all round

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 January 2013, 08:50:46 pm »
I just played the last video clip, and my teenage daughter was watching over my shoulder. She's not known for her temper restraint. Even she said "he needs a chill pill"  :lol :lol :lol

Haha, I get pissed off when someone does something wrong.... Obviously I am innocent.  :thumbup

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 January 2013, 09:21:04 pm »
Without trying to judge your riding too harshly (we've all been there after all) - if you don't calm down your ire is going to force you into a situation where you will come off worse, even though technically you may be in the right.

Just a thought.

"What's that all about - you cock end" <- did make me laugh :D

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 January 2013, 10:17:21 pm »
What's that all about - you cock end" <- did make me laugh :D

I am normally a lot worse :P

blackcabbie

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - rd350lc, rd400c
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 January 2013, 11:04:39 pm »
I'm a cab driver and a fazer rider. Blimey I see much worse than that from cab drivers and motorcycles every day

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

bozboz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XT600E
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 January 2013, 11:17:43 pm »
Just let it go. Dont get wound up. Focus on riding more defensively. Keep your speed down. Chill.
After 100s of 1000s of pointless biking miles I follow the above 'rules'. Even still I get gravel rash when some arsehole cuts me up and I lose.  Save your video footage for when it matters.
Btw Lewis what camera do you use, I really want to get one?

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31 January 2013, 06:35:38 am »
Just let it go. Dont get wound up. Focus on riding more defensively. Keep your speed down. Chill.
After 100s of 1000s of pointless biking miles I follow the above 'rules'. Even still I get gravel rash when some arsehole cuts me up and I lose.  Save your video footage for when it matters.

I use a Drift HD. They are about £150 on eBay. They is now a newer one than mine out with is called the Drift Ghost. I think they are like £200+

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 31 January 2013, 08:36:56 am »

I use a Drift HD. They are about £150 on eBay. They is now a newer one than mine out with is called the Drift Ghost. I think they are like £200+
How long does it last on one charge?

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 31 January 2013, 10:09:18 am »
What's that all about - you cock end" <- did make me laugh :D

I am normally a lot worse :P

Kudos to you for posting your videos, gave me a laugh. A couple of things though :

- Is it wise to post videos where if a future incident occurs they could be used against you (he's clearly an angry driver m'lud)
- Love the camera.  I think I need to get myself one of those
- Made me smile.  Thanks for that.
- I used to be an angry driver but then reality set in.  It only achieves negative things.  Don't let people rile you.  Go out, enjoy yourself and let karma catch up with them.  If you don't believe in karma it's best just to let it drop.

Again, thanks for the post.  It's great thing to make someone smile. :-)

Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Tibbs

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
report a black cab?
« Reply #41 on: 31 January 2013, 12:18:16 pm »
Maybe I've spent too long in London, but that all looked ok to me.

Then again, I almost got run over at a zebra crossing this morning, by someone who no doubt had neither licence or insurance, so my level of what's an acceptable driving standard is slightly skewed...

spider

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - triumph explorer. lambretta
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31 January 2013, 12:20:59 pm »
I'm a cab driver and a fazer rider. Blimey I see much worse than that from cab drivers and motorcycles every day

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
you tell em bruv

shady

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB600F5 Hornet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31 January 2013, 03:45:13 pm »
As mentioned, on my daily commute the poor driving is part of riding on Britains roads l m afraid. Its not good but as stressful as it is riding through heavy traffic l try not to stress myself more by responding to it with the choice english l hear you use  :lol  By the way good audio quality on that head camera you have, what make is it ? My Rollei Bullet Lite2 has great picture but the audio has loads of buffeting/wind noise come through  :thumbdown   Still its good enough for what l want....
Still got the Hornet ;-)

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31 January 2013, 06:34:54 pm »

How long does it last on one charge?

About 2 hours. I use a battery pack that lasts well over 24 hours, you just plug it into the USB on the back of the camera.

shady

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB600F5 Hornet
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 31 January 2013, 10:09:58 pm »
Oops sorry Lewis for not looking back through the posts  :rolleyes Drift HD yes l looked at those, great camera but for me felt they were a little big, though saying that Geez have you seen the ugly GoPro cameras? Having something the size of a large packet of fags strapped to your helmet width ways is hardly aerodynamic !   :rollin
Still got the Hornet ;-)

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01 February 2013, 06:44:18 am »
Oops sorry Lewis for not looking back through the posts  :rolleyes Drift HD yes l looked at those, great camera but for me felt they were a little big, though saying that Geez have you seen the ugly GoPro cameras? Having something the size of a large packet of fags strapped to your helmet width ways is hardly aerodynamic !   :rollin

I've had a GoPro. the Battery life is crap on them. The only think they are good for is going underwater, quality of the image and more for action shots. Honestly the drift is the one to get ;)

rayburn600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger Sport- V-Strom
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 02 February 2013, 07:51:26 pm »
xlewisbdx
Do you want to sell your old one?
So you can get the nice new shiney Ghost??
£50  ?  :lol
R.

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 03 February 2013, 11:27:02 pm »
xlewisbdx
Do you want to sell your old one?
So you can get the nice new shiney Ghost??
£50  ?  :lol
R.

Nope, I luvs it too much.  :lol

They are 3 versions of the Drift.

1) Drift HD170
2) Drift HD1080
3) Drift Ghost.

The HD170 is the biggest of them all and quite frankly the best one. It has a battery life of up to 8 hours when you upgrade the battery to a larger one. The two newer ones you can't upgrade the battery's on them to bigger ones as the camera is designed to be small.

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05 February 2013, 12:17:08 pm »
Interesting debate on the camcorders.  There seems to be a universal consensus among reviewers that the gopro's are the mutts mahoonies.  I can see the size, requiring a case, mounts and lack or rotatability being an issue though.  The Drift units do seem like a better choice for most bikers.

As an aside, I'd let most people off for their cruddy driving (they can't help being a muppet).  It's good karma for you and they'll get what they deserve at some point.  Just be glad you're experienced enough to handle it and let it go  :b
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.