Date: 25-04-24  Time: 00:16 am

Author Topic: exup bearing price shock  (Read 2342 times)

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
exup bearing price shock
« on: 19 October 2011, 08:04:10 pm »
how can yamaha justify the price of the exup bearing price? it is £41.10 inc vat for what is just a steel tube,luckily there is a motorcycle dealer selling them for £16.35 plus post which i think is still expensive,and why do i need it,both of my bearings are very worn,luckily the replacement exup valve is from a low mileage bike so has little wear on it but the breakers where i got my down pipes from took the bearing out
here is the ebay page if anyone needs one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290615237103?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
« Last Edit: 19 October 2011, 08:19:32 pm by solorider »

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
Re: exup bearing price shock
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2011, 08:33:39 pm »
well there's summat i have never replaced on any of the fazers i've owned perhaps it's cause i keep mine well lubed lol
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2011, 08:38:39 pm »
my bike has 70k miles on it and there is loads of play in the bearing,i tried my replacement vlave in the bearing and that was the same,also my exup valve has a groove on the pulley end as well so needed replacing

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 October 2011, 05:15:12 pm »
well the bearing has turned up,took a week and it only came from walesi have a picture of the offending item and i still cannot find how yamaha can justify the price

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 October 2011, 05:41:35 pm »
i love that they call it a 'bearing' when really it's only a collar (although strictly speaking it does "allow constrained relative motion between two or more parts"). Are there any local engineering firms near you? dead easy to get one made up - Bexley Engineering would almost cert do it if you're anywhere near SE London / North Kent.
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 October 2011, 05:52:14 pm »
i love that they call it a 'bearing' when really it's only a collar (although strictly speaking it does "allow constrained relative motion between two or more parts"). Are there any local engineering firms near you? dead easy to get one made up - Bexley Engineering would almost cert do it if you're anywhere near SE London / North Kent.
the problem was the one in my exhaust is in there to stay,all the bolts are very rusty and the collar is very worn,the other collar in the outer housing is the same,very worn so without knowing how much clearence it is hard to get something made up to the correct size,plus i managed to get a new one off ebay for £18 posted so saved a bit there

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 November 2011, 06:39:38 pm »
i did a bit of comparing the old and replacement parts and one thing i found was the exup valve seems to wear more than the collar,my old exup valve was very worn and there is a groove mark on the pulley end,it did need replacement and the exup valve is not a cheap item,there was a new one on ebay for £222 and that is a lot cheaper than one from a yamaha dealer