Date: 19-04-24  Time: 12:18 pm

Author Topic: What mods have you done to your fz8  (Read 15003 times)

das boat

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: What mods have you done to your fz8
« Reply #25 on: 23 February 2013, 06:50:49 pm »
Hi Black8.

When you had your seats recovered did you get any gel inserts put in, and who did them for you?

I was also wondering how you find the 8 compared to the fz thou's you've had?

And finally, hi to everyone.

Das.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 February 2013, 12:49:39 pm »
I'd have thought the Fazer8 seat would be the same as the 1000 as it shares so many parts.  I noticed at the bike show that the 2013 Fazer8 has a different construction, its much softer.

black8

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 February 2013, 02:34:40 pm »
Hi Black8.

When you had your seats recovered did you get any gel inserts put in, and who did them for you?

I was also wondering how you find the 8 compared to the fz thou's you've had?

And finally, hi to everyone.

Das.
gel pad in front 1,got my mate Tony Archer to do them for me while i waited, compared to the fz1 its loads better on fuel , the riding position is very much the same and lot more agile

Ed

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 March 2013, 11:04:34 pm »
Only owned my Black Fazer8 a few weeks and done just over 400 miles (due to weather). Done a few mods so far and have a few more in mind when the budget allows. I'll post some photos soon, so far....

• Centre stand
  • R&G Areo crash bungs
  • R&G tail tidy
  • Scorpion Stainless end can (awaiting delivery, not fitted yet.)
Future mods...

• Twin dipped lights mod
  • R&G heated grips
  • Beowolf Rad grill
  • gold short levers
I'll ask at the garage if they will do the headlight mod at the 600 mile service. I had it done with my FZ6 fazer years ago and it makes the bike look a lot better as well as the advantage of making it easier to see and be seen. R&G heated grips are 'RIDE Recommended' for being simple and effective. I had Oxfords before and they were useless. I love the look of the gold Rad Guard on Black8's bike works well with the forks and gold in the callipers I might add gold levers to the mix aswell. If I suddenly find myself with too much money, I may consider full givi hard luggage for a bit of touring around europe in the summer and a set of lower fairings that i saw on another site 'FZ8-forum.com' that a guy bought from France, they look awsome. (See link below).

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=fazer8%20fairing&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CFsQrAIoAjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fz8-forum.com%2Fforum%2Ffz8-mods%2F1295-jmv-concepts-lower-farings-fz8s-fazer8.html&ei=ybE_Ua3fEIea1AW9vICQBw&usg=AFQjCNHEmsT5Wh5nqvvL8GawT3qzw4sqFQ

black8

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 March 2013, 10:52:08 pm »
Do the headlight mod yourself its very east to do