Date: 29-03-24  Time: 11:25 am

Author Topic: Thinking of doing Rospa test next year...  (Read 947 times)

moffmeister

• Boffie - Yaks it like it is
    Terminally Incontinent
    The Golden Bulge
    The only gay in the village
    Moff Minogue

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Thinking of doing Rospa test next year...
« on: 29 December 2012, 09:24:15 pm »
A riding plan that relies on exceeding the speed limit to complete a manoeuvre is unacceptable. If you consistently exceed the speed limit the examiner will stop the test and you will fail.

oh well... :lol

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of doing Rospa test next year...
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2012, 12:39:46 pm »
speak to the examiner BEFORE you go out on the test - sometimes they can be reasonable.

an example was the question - if I can overtake a vehicle but need to briefly break the speed limit to do so, is that acceptable.

the answer from the examiner : If I see that, then I will be observing something else at the time (indicating that he wouldnt "notice" the indiscretion)

make sure you drop to the speed limit after the manouver though.,
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of doing Rospa test next year...
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2012, 07:23:07 pm »
On IAM you can go to about 66mph in a national speed limit, as long as it it legal to overtake, i.e. the vehicle you are overtaking isn't doing the speed limit.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!